Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:42:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessHTML5 game license (ala FGL)?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HTML5 game license (ala FGL)?  (Read 2596 times)
X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:51:02 PM »

Has anyone used a service like this?
Or success/failure stories from working with an HTML5 game site?

(Thanks everyone for the replies to http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=19213.15 )

Someone at Tigjam gave me some sample HTML5 code + I know javascript = fast productivity.

Anyone have experience with selling HTML5 games?

(Including Chrome store)

destiny is truth pre-op
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:40:07 PM »

It took a long time for Flash game portals to get their shit together. There have been a few HTML5 game portals popping up but for an HTML5 version of FGL the portals have be successful.

I'd say seek out up and coming HTML5 portals and contacting them directly instead of waiting for an FGL for html5.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:26:31 AM »

It took a long time for Flash game portals to get their shit together. There have been a few HTML5 game portals popping up but for an HTML5 version of FGL the portals have be successful.

I'd say seek out up and coming HTML5 portals and contacting them directly instead of waiting for an FGL for html5.

Still haven't found one that looks particularly promising. Wonder if it's worth founding one? Don't have the time though.

corp.playspan.com/ looks interesting. Took me a few minutes to find, and searching "spare change microtransactions" is mostly articles instead of the site, since playspan bought them.

I'm thinking the way to make html5 games is release with phonegap on iOS/Android, publish to a few web portals, and rake in microtransactions.

destiny is truth pre-op
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic