Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411414 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 12:40:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSecrets of Grindea (Beta signup started!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Secrets of Grindea (Beta signup started!)  (Read 77794 times)
John Hutchinson
Level 0

Code Monkey Go Bananas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »

This looks absolutely incredible!  I'll definitely be waiting in line for this with wallet in hand.

"Code banana. Run in loop. Makes many banana!"
[email protected] | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2011, 01:32:16 PM »

Will be watching it  Wink

bengrue
Level 0

I code. A lot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 08:39:12 PM »

This is pertinent to my interests!

So, how do I stalk this game on the internets?  Is there a tweetar account or devblog with rss I can shove into my dark eBox of secrets?

Current Project: Sully: A Very Serious RPG

Executive Producer of Dungeons of Dredmor

@bengrue on the twitternets
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 06:12:40 PM »

@JohnTron247
Haha, awesome dude, thanks!

@kamac
Looking forward to it!

@mcgrue
Glad you like it!
We're working on getting a site up as we speak and it shouldn't be very far away. We talked about setting up a twitter too so watch out for that as well!
I'll drop links to our site/blog on the next update here on TIGsource, which we're hard at work at! Be ready for another video, this time with monster slaying and co-op play! Awyea!

keeblur
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 02:20:40 AM »

I can't wait to hear more info on this game, looks like I'd spend many hours on it.

"And God said let there be light, and switched his Nintendo on"
Cloudzy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 04:52:59 AM »

Saw this on IndieGames.com and this looks F**king amazing, i made this account just to say this but will probably post regularly now and will be following this topic

will be more than happy to test alphas etc if you want
set up a website + somewhere to donate or buy early and i will definitely do that!

+1 Coffee to you good sir!
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »

keeblur
We were aiming for a rather big update this friday, but we chose to postpone until next week to fit some more stuff in there! We'll drop another video and some more meaty information about the game in general!

Cloudzy 
Thanks man, means a lot to us!
Websites more or less ready to get launched, we'll post it here once it up and running.
We have no plans on setting up donations or anything at the moment, but you never know! Pre purchasing with access to some kind of alpha would make more sense to us, but that's pretty far away at the moment.
But yeah, keep checking this thread every now and again! We're aiming for weekly updates (starting next week Grin). 

ghillieLEAD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 07:58:12 PM »

I'm going to have a tough time waiting for this one!  The weekly updates will help.  You should definitely have an alpha available by pre purchasing in the future.  I will buy it!  Keep up the quality work.

Achievement Get: First Post!
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2011, 01:13:45 AM »

Here we go!

First off, we just got homepage up and running! It's http://www.secretsofgrindea.com and it has some more fleshed out information about the game and ourselves, as well as it's very own devlog!

Also, we got another video up with some 4 player co-op in action! Bare in mind that nothing is set in stone and a lot of stuff will probably change along the way, but we're getting somewhere at least!

We got a new youtube channel fully dedicated to Secrets of Grindea stuff (the last channel we used was my personal one) so this is the one to subscribe to if you're into that!

Next big update will once again be in a week from now! Can't promise any new gameplay video as off now, but hopefully you'll see some WIP stuff from one of the early bosses and maybe a tiny sneak peak of the next area!

Questions and/or feedback are always appreciated! Thanks guys, take care!

Ashkin
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 01:28:57 AM »

Oh man, I love co-op action RPGs. Keepin' an eye on this one.
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 01:40:22 AM »

This is looking spectacular.  I cannot wait to play this with some of my friends.
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »

ThePortalGuru:
Thanks dude!

Ashkin:
Don't we all? Grin Playing through Secret of Mana as a kid with my bigger brother is still my number one gaming experience. Hopefully we'll be able to achieve some of the same magic SoM had back in the day!

Forgot to mention in my last post that we've teamed up with the very talented Andrew Riley of www.luckylionstudios.com! He's going to take care of the music side of things and have been doing a pretty kick ass job so far! He's latest tune can be heard in the video I posted.

So, while the music is being taken care of, we're still on the look out for someone to help us tackle the sound design! If you've got a talent for sound effects, or know someone who has and would like to help us out, send us an email at [email protected]

Have a good one, cheeers!

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 05:28:44 PM »

Oh man I am all over this.

hi
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2011, 07:25:44 PM »

So we're still trying to settle how we're going to update the progress on Secrets of Grindea. For now we're going to keep a weekly recap of what we've been up to during the week at our offical devlog at our homepage. Design thoughts and a deeper look into the programming side of things will be featured over there as well!

I'm gonna try to update our devlog here at TIGsoruce more frequently with graphical assets, animations and videos as we go along. Keeping it quick and dirty and leaving all the juciy details for the weekly updates instead!

If you wanna take a look at this weeks recap, you can check it out at http://www.secretsofgrindea.com/index.php/dev-blog

If you're not into clicking strange links, I'll leave you guys with a sample of what I've been up to this week!

I'll keep you guys updated on this sucker as I go along. Now, back to animating! Take care!

James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2011, 07:41:34 PM »

Kiss

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
RCIX
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »

Any relation to a guy who goes by Eldrone by any chance? Big in the minecraft texture pack scene?
{del}
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2011, 12:15:56 AM »

this game is so full of win Beer!

...is that pirate guy sticking out his tongue ??
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:36:12 AM by {del} » Logged
-Rob-D.
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »

This is looking all kinds of crazy good. Can't wait to see how it grows as development progresses!
Eldboll
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »

Geothermal
 Beer!

RCIX

I have never played Minecraft so no, no relation ;o Why do you ask?

{del}

Cannot... Unsee... Tongue... Nooooooooo!
It's supposed to be a white shirt or whatever under her coat. Might have to rework it a bit now though Grin
Oh, and thanks by the way!

-Rob-

Thanks dude, means a lot!

Today I've been busy with this:

I kinda feel like the animation at the moment. Took way longer time than it should have. I know there's a bunch of flaws in it, probably should have put in a few extra frames to give it a bit more swing. Buuuut I have to step away from it or I'll be stuck with it forever! Got a million more animations that needs to get done!

jazeker
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »

Today I've been busy with this:

He's drunk Smiley

Nice work!
After you finished this game, you should really make a tutorial about this kind of pixel art Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic