Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:52:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[MMOTBS] Glorious
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [MMOTBS] Glorious  (Read 858 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« on: October 29, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »

Summary:
Glorious is an innovative MMOTBS game, that goes for Massive Multi-player Turn-Based Strategy.
It's similar to games like League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth when it comes to handling the "Massive" part. There is a game client where you can create an account, buy new units, level up these that you already have, chat with other players and find or host a new game server.
Game is set in original fantasy world, called Navaroth. There will be 5-6 nations to choose from after all but at the beginning there will be only 2 races.

One of them is mighty Kingdom of Ardenia. This country mostly consists of human race called Navaroths. They are really talented at controlling energy of Roth (used to make spells-alike things). Ardenia is controlled by the Council of Elders, for ordinary people it's hard to live in this country. Taxes set by the Council are really high and are used to maintain big army that goal is to keep tabs on peasants. Kingdom of Ardenia is located at the continent called New Land.

The second nation that will be playable in the earliest beta stage are Sarcens. Their kingdom is located at the second known continent - Old Land. They are really well advanced at technology. Sarcens didn't even know about energy of Roth before meeting people from Knigdom of Ardenia. They are durable if it comes to fire or alchemy but they'r not as strong and tough as Navaroth. They also have darker skin and their territory almost only consists of deserts so they wear nomads-alike clothes.

Each unit can gain up to 3 skills (passive and active ones) in it's life span. Those skills varies for different races and units. Almost each unit also have 2 sets of equipment and you choose which one you want while buying the unit.

Project history:
We had many approaches to this project, and it's looking better every time but this time we have finally enough experience to handle it.
That is how it looked at the first try 4 years ago:

Some screenies from the last version:

clickey for biggies

And some animations, also from old version:

World history, all nations, etc. is already in my head ready to be written down. So expect some more plot things in the future  Wizard

I'm doing art and most of design and my friend is coding it in C# + XNA.

Rx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:00:02 AM »

this looks quite interesting, keep us updated!

I'm going to give you a prescription of great gaming.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic