Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:10:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for an artist for an interactive fiction re-release
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for an artist for an interactive fiction re-release  (Read 1046 times)
Juhana
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »

Hi everyone,

Almost a year ago I released an interactive fiction game called Starborn. In the game you read a story with keywords highlighted in the story's text. The story advances when you choose and type in any of the keywords. You can play it online here.

Now I'm making a re-release that uses clickable links in the text instead of typing. The keywords are also shown as icons, and this is where I need the artist. There are 21 keywords that need graphics: airlock, bacteria, bed, cousin, Dr. Strepke, Earth, Epsilon Eridani, exercise equipment, heart, jacket, Magellan, mirror, music, passport, sick bay, slot, people, ticket machine, walking trainer, weightlessness, window.

The new layout is based on a theme called Atmospheric Augmentation so it'd be great if the icon art style wouldn't clash too much with it. The icons appear on the right sidebar. There's about 210 pixels of space so that means the icons should be about 100 pixels wide if they're set in two columns.

The game itself is open source so the graphics should be under (any) Creative Commons license. The artist will of course get full credit for their work.

If you're interested PM me for more details. It'd be great to also see a sample of your previous work. The re-release is almost finished except for the graphics, so you can be sure that this isn't going to be vaporware! The release is planned at around the end of November.
george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:54 AM »

I hope someone jumps on this, Starborn was a cool little story and Juhana is an A++ dev (Juhana, introduce yourself and welcome to TIGS Smiley )
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic