Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:16:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsReference Frame
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Reference Frame  (Read 8471 times)
increpare
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »

Dock says

"don't lighten green with white, lighten it with yellow"

RCIX
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 03:03:26 PM »

Dock says

"don't lighten green with white, lighten it with yellow"

Shocked i got an increpare post on one of my game topics.... *faints* Anyway, I have been doing that. Maybe not enough though?

Anyway, between being busy with stuff leading up to Thanksgiving last week and being sick for most of this week I haven't gotten a chance to work on it. Back to work now though, gonna take a shot at coding the health/energy UI.
RCIX
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 03:07:51 AM »

This isn't dead folks, just been super busy with something that came up recently and haven't had much time to work on it.

Alright, where did I leave this? Oh yes. Health, Energy, and powerups (rather, one powerup and most of the framework I need for the rest of em) are in. Next up is enemies, so that the player can lose health (...and I can lose sleep trying to get them working Tongue) and I can get the necessary framework to implement the next two powerups. At that point, I'll figure out something for a basic level and do another release!

I'll be updating the OP momentarily with up-to-date info and a new picture! (edit: done)

I also really need to copy and strip this project so I have a platformer base to test any wandering ideas I happen to get...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:19:32 AM by RCIX » Logged
RCIX
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 05:23:00 AM »

Still not dead, though I really need to improve my work ethic Durr...? I just completed a series of refactors on the main player class which should serve to make coding up enemies much easier (since enemies are going to recycle a lot of the player's code). I'll probably eventually end up reworking my collision code somewhat so I can have enemies < one tile in size (and if I can swing it, > one tile).

Also contemplating whether to go ahead and design my own binary level format. The biggest hurdle is the level editor I'll need to go with it, which will be a somewhat massive and probably immediate timesuck. If I do though, I can at least theoretically ship a level editor with it (which hopefully will alleviate some of the shortness).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:35:40 AM by RCIX » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic