Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:10:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEscape! - 2D java game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Escape! - 2D java game  (Read 2311 times)
Mvpires
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2011, 06:28:31 AM »

Escape! is a 2D game with simple mechanics. The player must climb a wall and avoid falling rocks in order to escape the cave. It's a simple (and my first) game that we were developing to a college object-oriented programming project. Now I'm rewriting it by myself.

Right now we're in need of an artist.

Old Info:

Language: Java
Library: Slick2D, HSQLDB, Swing
IDE: Eclipse
Coders: Marcus Vinícius Pires and José Manuel Kássimo

ps: The project has to have a database (hsqldb) and graphical interface (Swing) as requirements.
ps 2: The project was presented unfinished but we've got the highest score of the class! Thanks to tristendo for the help with the art! Now i'm "remaking" the game by myself.

Updated Info:

Language: Java
Library: Slick2D
IDE: Eclipse
Coders: Marcus Vinícius Pires

Game

Gameplay: 98%

Art: 0%

Camera: 100%

Player: 90%

Rocks: 90%

Collision: 100%

Score: 90%

Ranking: 0%

Database: 0%

GUI: 30%

Design Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_62_3r0mHiIKeKpWDrhk3Rfsfs9_le0yPRoBo8f_vyg/edit

Updates:

November 14th
 - Wrote the algoritm to randomically generate the falling rocks, its X position, random velocities and random images (3 different types).

March 28th - 2012

- Back from the dead! I'm rewriting the code from scratch to fix a lot of issues and implement new features. Also, the art is going to be updated along with the main menu and the score page.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:38:01 AM by Mvpires » Logged
tristendo
Level 0

n00b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »

Im down to help out with gfx. Is this the same escape that Spamtron did the music for?

-One must learn to transcend the illusion of beauty and see all the bad angles and start over from the drawing board.
Mvpires
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 07:39:59 PM »

Thanks for the attention. This isn't the same game. We didn't decided anything about the gfx yet, but I'll post here as soon as possible about it! Thanks again! :D
tristendo
Level 0

n00b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »

For sure. If you need help with concepts feel free to hit me up on aim.

-One must learn to transcend the illusion of beauty and see all the bad angles and start over from the drawing board.
Mvpires
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »

tristendo, I'm looking into gfx now and I'll write a document about it. Thanks again for the attention. Grin
johntorkington
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 02:15:04 PM »

Will you need any music for your game? I like the concept!
Mvpires
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 06:16:27 AM »

Here's the old menu in portuguese.

Will you need any music for your game? I like the concept!

Hey man, sorry for the late answer. Right now I'm rewriting the code and this time I plan to include some music. If you still want to help, I appreciate. Thanks for the interest!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic