Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:50:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadUnpaid WorkArtist and composer needed for horizontal space shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist and composer needed for horizontal space shooter  (Read 2598 times)
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »

Jason "T2KFreeker" Greene designed a horizontal space shooter back in 2006 with the intentions of having it developed and released for the Atari Jaguar. The project fell through because of... well, let's just say... "colorful" people in the Jaguar scene. The original composer, Philip, had composed two other soundtracks for projects that died, and this was the third and final straw for him. Skip forward to 2011... the project laid dormant for years... until Jason discovered that I'd be willing to take it on as a production for the PC Engine. The project was then reborn.

The original composer doesn't want his soundtracks used for this production, so we are in need of a composer who can bring the same kind of energy and punch to the music. As for artwork... there are only sketches drawn by Jason, no existing pixel art at all. So the pixel art is a from-scratch deal.

Although I am posting this in Unpaid Work, I am willing to offer profit share for this, and in generous amount as well. This will be sold on physical CDROM, and the hardware it runs on already has a very loyal fanbase.

We have a working prototype of the game engine in its early form. I have uploaded a few Youtube videos onto our channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Eponasoft

The game is called Metro Blaster. I am unsure as to where the name comes from, or its significance. You can hear the unorthodox style of music that was originally composed for the game in these prototype videos, and the artwork that is being used is just placeholder art I obtained from opengameart.org.

If interested, you can contact me via this forum or via email (david AT eponasoft DOT com).

Eponasoft develops commercial PC Engine games.
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:12:17 PM »

Hey, cool. I know that ship. Grin

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:51:54 PM »

Yes, it's inspired by the R-Type ship, apparently. Hand Joystick Hand Any Key

surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 09:08:03 PM »

Yes, it's inspired by the R-Type ship, apparently. Hand Joystick Hand Any Key
Not particularly. I made it for a Gradius-like game.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 07:07:03 AM »

Oh yeah, that's right... Gradius, not R-Type.

So you're the one who pixeled it? Nice. Smiley It's a good piece of work. The shot sprite was also on that sprite sheet.

Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 06:34:47 PM »

I've gotten quite a few responses to this via email; sorry that I haven't been able to respond yet! Things got pretty crazy around here over the past few days. I'll be responding to everyone as soon as I can! Beer!

Chuteleach
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 06:39:31 PM »

Still looking for a composer?  I would love to write a demo for you.
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »

I haven't selected anyone in particular yet so the position is still technically open. Amusingly enough, the only messages I've gotten so far are from composers! Smiley

Chuteleach
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 07:58:34 PM »

Yeah man, I've noticed a lot of the forum is dominated by composers.  If you haven't selected anyone yet, I'm going to write a song based on the video you provided.  The current music made it seem kind of serious.  Is that what you were looking for, or something a little more light hearted? 
Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 08:25:41 PM »

If you'd like, send me an email and I'll give you more details. I'm going through the previous emails now and auditioning everyone's demo music. As for the style: yes, I do believe that the intended effect is to be a bit serious. Jason's original composer really brought a lot of punch and aggressive energy to the project, and that's something I'm hoping to find here. Smiley

Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »

OK... I'm pretty sure I've been able to respond to everyone now! If anyone here sent me an email and didn't get a response, please let me know! Apoplectic

Eponasoft
Level 0

PC Engine Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 09:24:39 AM »

A quick update on this: as far as I can tell, the designer seems to have lost interest in putting this together, so this production is shelved until further notice. Eponasoft is going to continue with its existing productions in the meantime.

GavinHarrisonSounds
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 06:47:42 AM »

I am aware this particular project is shelved, which is a shame, but I'd like to put myself forward should you have any future music needs...examples of my work are at my website, the link of which is below.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic