Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 06:22:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[Android] Little Stars for Little Wars 2
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: [Android] Little Stars for Little Wars 2  (Read 4682 times)
mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:00:50 PM »

Hi everyone,

More Screenshots: scr1 scr2 scr3

Little Stars is a space real-time strategy (RTS) game, where the player has a simple objective: move through the neutral star systems in order to capture all enemy systems. Once you start playing, you will lose yourself in fun levels, ranging from amusing to mind-challenging!

Commander - The galaxy has plunged into chaos and little wars have broken out along the border - fleet-ships are standing by for you to take control of the battlefield. Form your strategy, conquer enemy systems, and claim victory for your forces!

Features:
* Multitouch: pinch to zoom, tap to control.
* 54 levels. And more new levels in the future!
* Auto-paths: auto-paths system for quick and easy control over the battlefield. (touch and drag)
* Upgrades: specialize your star systems to fortify their defensive capabilities, or, advance their ship production.
 * Color Customization: don't like the default colors? Tune to your liking!

Google Play Link

I'll be happy to hear your feedbacks!

Thanks,
Maxim
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:30:22 AM by m.Kendja » Logged

mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:18:20 AM »

Recorded a short video of the gameplay. Here the link:

laxwolf
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »

I really like the idea and the game seems fun. Although I like the art direction, I feel that it doesn't compliment the game.

Keep us updated!

-Laxwolf

Solo artist, modeler, designer, and programmer.
mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

2laxwolf, thank you! Glad you liked it.

Byrono
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »

Start menu dosen't fit on my screen D:

mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »

2Byrono, oh, can you tell what kind of device do you have?

Dragonmaw
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »

What does this game offer over Galcon?
mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 07:32:53 AM »

2Dragonmaw, let's see.
They are quite similar (the same genre?), but the gameplay at the same time is quite different. Primarily because of the interconnected areas - in "Galcon" you can fly to any target, but here you can't. Another difference - autopath system. In these games, I always did not like when you often have to "click" for bringing reinforcements.

Also this game has actual levels instead of procedurally generated levels(what is also not bad thing) used in "Galcon", and has simple upgrades(on the production and defense).

astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 09:43:09 AM »

It works on my Nexus S running ICS 4.0.3.
I couldn't hear any sound effect nor music, however. Is it normal ?

Lovely setting, colors & background. It seems a bit less straightforward to play than Galcon, but I really need to try it a bit more Smiley

Good work!!!!

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 11:24:06 AM »

hey I really enjoyed playing this game! I beat all of the levels (except for the last one Wink, ) I wish there were more! It's a great concept, simple and fun, and makes good use of the touch screen. I really like how it looks, I think that it does compliment the game. The parallax scrolling background is a nice touch too. The whole thing looks very polished to me, thought the main menu is a little bland.

I had a big problem with the controls though. Most of my troubles came from accidentally sending guys to the wrong place. The problem was that I was trying to select one of the other nodes without sending the guys that were on the node I currently had selected. This caused very frustrating moments for me when I was playing. I think the problem was that it felt natural to me that if you clicked somewhere other than a node it would deselect everything. I clicked out in the middle of space thinking it was going to deselect the node but instead it remained selected and then upon clicking the node I wanted to select, it would send the units there. I think that it would be a whole lot more usable if a click not on a node would deselect.

This also may be part of what I said above, but I'm pretty sure there were some units that were moving without me telling them to. It seemed like occasionally, the instant they arrived at a node, they would then move on to another one. This may be due to some sort of multi-node path I accidentally created (I was under the impression you could only make orders from one node to another connection node.)

A small little problem I had was the "get ready" screen. It took me a few seconds to figure out that you not only have to touch the screen to move on, but you have to touch the text. At first I thought you just had to wait, but then it didn't start so I figured I had to tap the screen, but then nothing happened. Then after I waited again and realized it was not going away, I tried tapping the text and it worked. It may be worth it to change the text to "Touch Screen when ready" or something like that. Or maybe just make it so tapping anywhere on the screen will start the game. I don't think it's even that big of a deal if the game starts without that screen because the beginnings of the matches are pretty slow anyway.

I tried it out on a nexus one, and a droid x, both worked and looked fined. I also tried it on a motorola xoom tablet and it didn't quite scale correctly. The main menu was really messed up with the buttons all over the place, but the actual game looked fine (though it only took up about half the screen.) Everything worked exactly as expected though.

Great work so far! I'll be waiting for the actual release!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

astrofra
Level 3

CG Hoister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 11:52:40 AM »

Works on my HP Touchpad (running Android 2.3) and I can say it's waaaaay more funny on a tablet.

This parallax & multiple layers of celestial clouds are gorgeous!  Kiss Kiss

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »

What does this game offer over Galcon?
It's on Android and Galcon is not? (Or is it?)
Oops, I am being stupid today

Master of all trades.
mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »

2astrofra
Thanks for the testing! And yeah, this version had no sound.

2handCraftedRadio
Wow, thanks for the really detailed feedback!
Added "deselect" thing and "get ready" thing in my list  Wink

mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 03:42:15 AM »

Changed the main menu. For the third time Undecided

mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »

The game is just released Cheesy
You can find it on the market or by the link below.
QRAndroid Market

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »

Awesome! Congrats on finishing!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

I bought it and I'm enjoying all the new levels.

There are a few technical problems I'm having that I wanted to point out:

-The images in the menu are pretty messed up. The help button just shows broken images. I can start the game fine, but if I go into options I just see the on/off buttons but it doesn't say what they do.

-I was playing the game and bumped the home button which apparently sent me back to the main menu and lost the current game I had in progress. I'd expect a game to pause or save my progress when I press the home button.

-The music continues playing when the home button is pressed and the game is minimized. I would also expect the music to pause.

I still would like to see some of the suggestions that I mentioned in my previous post, but it's still a great game and I really like it. Good job!  Wizard Hand Thumbs Up Right

Byrono
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 06:09:54 PM »

Just bought it and it was AMAZING!

mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 12:25:07 AM »

2handCraftedRadio
Hey, thanks!

-The images in the menu are pretty messed up. The help button just shows broken images. I can start the game fine, but if I go into options I just see the on/off buttons but it doesn't say what they do.

-I was playing the game and bumped the home button which apparently sent me back to the main menu and lost the current game I had in progress. I'd expect a game to pause or save my progress when I press the home button.
Weird. These works/looks fine on my phone. Are you tested on nexus one?

-The music continues playing when the home button is pressed and the game is minimized. I would also expect the music to pause.
Oh, i will fix it soon.

I still would like to see some of the suggestions that I mentioned in my previous post, but it's still a great game and I really like it.
Hm, strange, because I'm already implemented them. For "get ready" you can touch everywhere now. And you you can deselected node by pressing at the free space. Not worked for you?
That's a great suggestions, and really thanks for pointing on them.

2Byrono
Thanks!

handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 09:32:44 AM »

hmm weird. I tried playing again today and the menu works fine now. I'm not sure what was wrong before, but I restarted my phone in between plays so I guess something odd was going on with my device for a moment there. The game also seems to pause now when I hit the home button. I guess there isn't a problem with those. Sorry about that.

I still would like to see some of the suggestions that I mentioned in my previous post, but it's still a great game and I really like it.
Hm, strange, because I'm already implemented them. For "get ready" you can touch everywhere now. And you you can deselected node by pressing at the free space. Not worked for you?
That's a great suggestions, and really thanks for pointing on them.

I guess the only thing I was talking about here was the deselection. At least on my phone, it seems the only way to deselect a node is to click it again - the same as in the demo before. Whenever I click in an area not occupied by a node, it remains selected and causes me to accidentally make commands that I did not think I was making.

And yes, I've been playing on my nexus one.

mk
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 05:05:58 AM »

I guess the only thing I was talking about here was the deselection. At least on my phone, it seems the only way to deselect a node is to click it again - the same as in the demo before. Whenever I click in an area not occupied by a node, it remains selected and causes me to accidentally make commands that I did not think I was making.

Very strange. I have no idea of what it might be related, but I will fix it. Without it - it's very uncomfortable to play. Thank you again.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic