Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 04:23:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsAny programmer wanna make a game? (i'm serious)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any programmer wanna make a game? (i'm serious)  (Read 1667 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« on: November 19, 2011, 06:36:44 AM »

Hi!

So, whole last week I was looking for a programmer, asking ppl I know, asking ppl I don't know, checking if anyone's looking for an artist but I didn't find anyone interested in collaboration. Or I found but they were ppl that are "disappearing" after 2 days.  Cry

Let's get to the point:

I'm looking for a solid programmer that won't leave me after 2 months of work and that is sometimes online so we can actually talk about the game/progress/ideas, etc. I don't care if he uses GameMaker, Unity, SFML, C++, Java, Flash, etc. That doesn't matter for me.

I have some ideas for a game but they include skeleton animations or multi-player, I'm open ofc for other ideas, I just can't come up with any cool idea that doesn't require those things and is still cool.

Target platform, hmm... I'd like it to be PC because I don't own any consoles.

I don't say that I'm an awesome artist, but I'm still learning and I think that my sprites are better than programmer art :p  
There's one problem, I don't do pixel-art or vector art, I can try to learn it ofc if it'll be needed.

http://everyday-im-drawing.blogspot.com/p/portfolio.html - my "portfolio"

Some restrictions about the game I'd like to work on:
-it has to be 2D, I hate 3D
-I don't like music games or logic games, I am also a terrible level designer
-I'd love to work on something like slasher top-down or side-view with skeleton animations or multi-player top-down fantasy or sci-fi arena (mechs/mages,warriors)

Cash?
If there will be any cash, 50-50% with something for a musician, etc.

Conact:
email: [email protected]
gtalk: [email protected]
steam: duszan (but I rarely use this one)
PM on TIGSource

Hope anyone will be interested...  Beg

bjadams
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:36:48 AM »

I'm an iOS developer myself, might be interested, but I see that you want to release your project on PC only...

iOS & Android developer
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 09:31:11 AM »

This blog is open to invited readers only

http://everyday-im-drawing.blogspot.com/

antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »

I dono. I'm quite good at game maker but I couldnt really look at your portfolio(dumb tumblr). Are you really that good at drawing? Can you do pixel art? Do you use vector perhaps?

Also, starting to make a game just based on sceleton animation/multiplayer is a way to get your head stuck in an ellevator. Seriously, I've made this assumption before and guess what, you also have to draw every house and every piece of grass and every door etc. Eventually you will be looking for the slightest object to recycle just so you dont have to draw another damn wall for once.

I'm an iOS developer myself, might be interested, but I see that you want to release your project on PC only...
This is a really dumb statement. If the game sucseeds on the PC THEN you port it to a console.

*Sorry for any bad spelling.

saiko-chriskun
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »

might wanna give our group a look at :D. definitely looking for an artist.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23677.0
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic