Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 06:17:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsGDC 2012 - IGF + Indie Games Summit!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: GDC 2012 - IGF + Indie Games Summit!  (Read 9103 times)
tomka
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »

Yeah I got accepted as a CA volunteer too (my first time as a volunteer, second GDC).

I'm flying in from Australia so would be great to meet some friendly faces.
IQpierce
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 05:48:12 AM »

Aaaargh, I was going to buy an indie pass but I literally had $1 too little money in my "studio bank account", so I put it off and now they're sold out. (And now my wife informs me that it wouldn't have actually made any tax difference whether I bought it from that bank account or not, d'oh.)

If anyone has an indie pass and needs to cancel or sell it, or even just wants to try to sell it for a slight profit, please PM me, or ping me on twitter at @IQpierce! This will be the 9th year in a row that I've tried to go to GDC and failed to (I'm a professional game developer but my employers have never sent me, ugh), I was going to buy my own way and now these things are sold out... bleh. Very disappointing.

One guy trying to make some interesting decisions.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 11:32:59 PM »

EDIT: The extra pass is spoken for.

Hi! I ended up with two different passes and I only need one, so I wanna sell one of them!  Hand Money LeftGrin:handmoneyR:

I've got a Summits and Tutorials Pass for $645. That's the early bird price with an extra discount, which is $150 cheaper than the currently available price! Gentleman

I've also got an Indie Pass for $325. The Indie pass is sold out so that's $∞ cheaper than the currently available price! My Word!

If anyone wants the Summits and Tutorials pass in the next few days, I have a preference for selling that one. If you are interested in any non-"indie" sessions, that's the one to get. Otherwise the Indie Pass will go to whoever claims it first... Gonna let IQpierce have first refusal of the indie pass in case s/he still hasn't got one. *sends a PM to IQpierce*

p.s. Hello again TIGSource! Long time no see! I've been busy Journeying. But soon I will post about a project I've been working on recently... something inspired by SFXR but for music...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:07:49 PM by John Nesky » Logged
John_wallFour
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 04:27:30 AM »

Sorry to hi-jack thread: Heads-up on sale of an Indie-Summit pass.

I bought an Indie-Summit pass but believe I will be upgraded to a speaker pass.  Fantastic news for me, but it means I need to buy new flights so I can make my session!  So selling my indie pass could help someone out here and also go someway to minimising my extra flight costs!

I should have full confirmation in the next couple of days.

PM if interested Smiley

Cheers

wallFour.co.uk
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic