Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:41:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCraftStudio: game-making for gamers (real-time collaborative!)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Author Topic: CraftStudio: game-making for gamers (real-time collaborative!)  (Read 67679 times)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »

Just saw the Beta announcement, well done dude, you've worked hard on this. Smiley

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »

Just saw the Beta announcement, well done dude, you've worked hard on this. Smiley

Thanks! I did :D

Blog post for everyone else:

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2013, 03:14:57 PM »

Hi!

A quick update (man, I'm completely neglegating this devlog...) to let you know of a few happenings:

Networked games!

Since earlier this summer, CraftStudio supports networking! This means you can make real-time multiplayer games like this Bomberman-clone.

Also new since the initial beta release is text rendering, code highlighting, alpha support in textures and lots and lots of fixes.

Read all about it on the blog: http://sparklinlabs.com/2013/06/craftstudio-1-2-netplay-text-rendering-code-highlight/

Export to any platforms

Since CraftStudio Beta 1.1, you can export to any platforms including Windows, Mac, Linux and the Web.

The HTML5 Web player is lagging a bit behind in terms of features (no networking and no physics yet) but it's getting better.

Free week-end for Ludum Dare 27

I'll be running a free "week-end" of 4 days for Ludum Dare 27 (starts 24h early, ends 24h afterwards). Details here: http://sparklinlabs.com/2013/08/free-craftstudio-week-end-for-ludum-dare-27/

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2013, 04:57:34 AM »

Quick bump to say: the free week-end has started!

abajur
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 10, 2014, 10:48:08 AM »

This is the thing I was looking for!

the software include pre-made behaviors (scripts)?
elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2014, 04:48:52 AM »

Hey! I haven't updated this devlog in a long while. CraftStudio is coming out of beta soon-ish, I've been writing tutorials and working my way through the remaining bugs over week-ends.

I'm now spending most of my time working on new projects with my two teammates (which I met through CraftStudio! Smiley). We'll probably be starting a new devlog soon!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2014, 05:23:19 AM »

great!

MrHelmut
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2014, 09:38:25 AM »

Just wanted to drop by say "hi".

CraftStudio is a really neat tool, good to know it's reaching 1.0. I know a bunch of people who started learning game making with it. "Mission accomplished" I would say. Gentleman

I've never seen someone coding as fast as elisee (and he speaks almost as fast Tongue ).

Looking forward to your next projects.

BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2014, 02:37:50 PM »

^Haha well said MrHelmut

Glad to hear some news Elisee! The webpage for Worlds looks ice cold (cool)  Well, hello there!
elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2015, 04:36:12 PM »

^Haha well said MrHelmut

Glad to hear some news Elisee! The webpage for Worlds looks ice cold (cool)  Well, hello there!

We ended up scraping Worlds Shrug. We're now focusing on building and making games with CraftStudio's successor, Superpowers.

Also I just released a big CraftStudio update that improves the Mac and Linux versions a lot thanks to FNA and MonoKickstart:

It has huge changes under the hood so it broke a few things but it's worth it. I'm fixing them as people report them.

elisee
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2015, 08:31:34 AM »

Aaaand I forgot to post here! CraftStudio is now out of beta! Coffee

Of course, I'm still fixing bugs from time to time and helping out people when needed. Superpowers is quickly becoming a very strong replacement for CraftStudio with more features though, and it will be free and open source soon-ish so make sure to follow that too!

Cheers!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2015, 10:44:34 AM »

keep posting here Cry

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic