Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:25:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDark Magic
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dark Magic  (Read 888 times)
nessGames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2011, 09:18:16 AM »

Dark Magic - Brief overview
Set in the time of King Arthur, in the land of Camelot where the practice of magic has been outlawed by the king and dark times are ahead. You alone hold the fate of Camelot in your hands. As a young orphan warlock, you must choose to either save Camelot and restore peaceā€¦ or destroy it and claim Camelot as your own. Explore vast landscapes surrounding the castle, villages and of course the castle itself while adventuring and training. As your powers grow, so will your intentions. (Not finalized, will update when I have time)

Origin
A few years ago, my friends and I were wondering why there are quite a few fantasy RPGs that are set in a medieval setting, but there aren't really any based off the Arthurian myths and legends of Merlin and King Arthur. I've also always loved the classic film "The sword in the stone" by Disney. Combining these two ideas, I came up with a game idea. It's taken me many years to get to the skill I'm at now and finally able to program this game.

Current status
Currently, the game has no permanent artwork which is why I can't show any concept art or in-game shots. However, I have been developing the engine using misc assets found online and programmer art. The development of the engine can be tracked on our blog, with screenshots. We have some concept art in the making, that should be done soon although we have no artist(s).

Blog and contact
You can follow the development of the game and the engine on our blog at www.nessgames.com. You may also donate at www.nessgames.com/donate/. I'll be bumping this thread when I make a blog post. Keep an eye on it.
nessGames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »

Quick update, ambient lighting now uses the normal map.

http://nessgames.com/2011/11/26/ambient-light-normals/

Before:

Now:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 11:48:53 AM by nessGames » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic