Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411530 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 02:00:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsMonetization Tutorials? (Flixel)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Monetization Tutorials? (Flixel)  (Read 1993 times)
xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »

So. I was thinking today at work, a way for people to be truly independant and make games at the same time is to earn a living off of them. I thought, why don't we have anything like that for Flixel or anything like that integrated with Flixel projects yet? So, I was wondering. Are there people here that could write/provide source for monetized Flixel games/tutorials? I mean, I know the flash Steambirds did it in sort of a way where you could purchase in game items for real money. I know about wrapping a project around mochi ads, but that has documentation and easy to do. I think we need something like a remove ads, add purchasable items (paypal seems safest), or even a simple paypal donate button. I was just wondering if anyone from the community here has, had, can, has before write provide soutce for one of those. Just curious too to see if anyone else is interested as I am. Cause, I can see an arcade game that has you insert credit to continue, but credits cost a quarter or so to purchase.

(if needs be can be moved. wasn't sure where to put)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:12:59 PM by xhunterko » Logged

DelishusCake
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »

Mochi ads and mochi coins has everything you're asking for. If your just looking for the ads part of it, CPMStar works too.
Xardov
Level 1

Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »

You can get a sponsorship for your games via FlashGame License, integrate GamerSafe, Mochiads, or just post it to a portal that shares ad revenue, like Kongregate.  Also yeah, if you want to sell virtual goods, then MochiCoins is the way to go.  Or try to integrate your game with the kreds system in Kongregate.

Beer!  Blog / Twitter / Google+  Beer!
xhunterko
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 07:38:38 PM »

MochiCoins would probably not be the best option. I don't have the art skills or funds for their standards probably. Are there any other options then those?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic