Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 07:28:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWriting30-Day Worldbuilding Challenge- COMPLETE
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: 30-Day Worldbuilding Challenge- COMPLETE  (Read 32286 times)
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2012, 04:29:16 PM »

Welp, still holding down the fort. Just posted my day 12. Feelin' a bit lonely.....  Embarrassed
Ashkin
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2012, 04:54:32 PM »

Skipped day 7 because it wasn't really applicable and posted 8 and 9 yesterday. Working at two or three a day to try to catch up.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2012, 11:27:56 PM »

I got caught up with the first week of school and fell behind on my blogs. This weekend I'm playing catch-up- so far I'm up to Day 11. Anybody else still running?
Ashkin
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »

Yep, still working. Just posted tools/weapons.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2012, 07:57:56 PM »

Still trying to catch up, day 9 and 10: http://bp.io/post/852

threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »

Theo: I've managed to stay right on track, but I think I might diverge from the listed themes and just write. I still hope to write something daily, but instead of picking themes I will flesh something else out that I have in mind. I will probably jump back in on the topics when I get up to legends/history, as those will be crucial to my story.

Really great stuff everyone, keep it up!
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »

Boh, I think I'll have to concede defeat on this one. Tired

I'm working a lot on my game engine, and am not really up to detailing aspects of the world just yet. However the exercise has been fun and really helpful, good luck everyone else. Smiley

Ashkin
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2012, 08:50:15 PM »

BOY I SURE AM LAZY AHAHAHAHAHA.
 Droop
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2012, 01:43:05 PM »

I'm having to forego illustrations in favor of text-only blogs, so that I may have a hope of finishing this thing on time. To those of you who've made it this far, congratulations! And to those of you who had to drop out, for whatever reason, many thanks to you for trying it out at all.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2012, 05:10:51 PM »

so behind

SO BEHIND

i will catch up on the three-day weekend

SO BEHIND
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2012, 08:43:26 PM »

I've foregone the themes for the day in favor of writing a more direct narrative that has come out of this exercise. I'm hoping to have this writing challenge lead in to a month long drawing challenge, to flesh out the world further. I'm pretty excited !
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »

The challenge... is COMPLETE.

Thanks to everyone who participated. No matter how long you were involved, it means the world to me that people were willing to test out one of my crazy ideas. I certainly got a lot out of this, and I hope you did as well!
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »

ARGH TIME WHY ARE YOU NOT FREE
TaintedFork
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:54 PM »

GAH I totally dropped this and I feel horrible.   Hand Shake Left Cry Hand Shake Right

Even doing the one or two days that I did was really fun! I might actually expand on this at my own pace.

Congrats to all who had more dedication than me (most likely, um, EVERYONE), and I look forward to reading your worlds when I get the chance!
threesided
Pixelhead
Level 5

derp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2012, 09:45:14 PM »

A little late, but I think I hit 30 full days of writing!

The final word count for me (with a few unpublished entries) hit a whopping 10484 words!!!! WHAT?!

What's great is that I think this whole exercise has actually really helped me set up the main narrative for the story I've always wanted to write. I feel like Delta is a much more tangible place now.

For any who read this, I have the intention of running a 30 day drawing challenge to accompany this in the coming month, or perhaps in march. I want to make some sort of compiled anthology of the letters I wrote for this.

Theo, huge thanks for this challenge, really helped me immensely.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »

wish I'd've had the motivation to stick with this, but I had fun while I lasted, and reading everyone else's worlds was great. Great job organizing this, Theo. If you do something similar again lemme know and I'll try again for a while for sure.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2012, 04:42:07 PM »

I still intend to post everything I couldn't; I just need to get the time.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2012, 04:52:16 PM »

Congrats everyone who finished. And those who didn't ... may eternal shame curse your families! Tired

Mattivc
Level 0

Level 21 Viking Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2012, 07:56:28 AM »

Sadly i had just way to much stuff happening this month to participate as planned. Kudos to those of you who managed to complete the whole thing.

I still plan on doing this tough when i get the time, what about keeping the thread open for anyone who wants to attempt this later?
rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2012, 05:36:28 AM »

Oh, I just stumbled upon this thread. What a shame that it's over. Maybe we could organize something similar in the future, but probably a little bit shorter as it seems that most people didn't finish this. Maybe something a week long Wink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic