Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 03:03:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDungeon Hearts - New Endless mode added in 1.1
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Hearts - New Endless mode added in 1.1  (Read 53786 times)
Chris Pavia
« Reply #300 on: March 07, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »

What's the price point going to be? $10? $15?

Only $2.99 my friend!
ink.inc
« Reply #301 on: March 07, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »

i could see you charging more than that, but then again i don't know how much game there actually is
Chris Pavia
« Reply #302 on: March 07, 2013, 02:25:38 PM »

It's not that big of a game. There are 24 back-to-back battles, with each 8th one being a boss fight. There are 40 enemies in all, so you can play several times and run into new enemies each time. Different enemies have different combinations of puzzle pieces that they player encounters, so the game does play differently depending on the opponent.

Once you have a good grasp of the gameplay, you can beat Normal difficulty in 1-2 hours (although it takes many play throughs to get that good). Hard difficulty is longer though, of course.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2013, 02:27:58 PM »

Only $2.99 my friend!
Woah. Awesome. Yeah, first day purchase here. Grin

Chris Pavia
« Reply #304 on: March 08, 2013, 01:56:44 PM »

A Youtuber did a

, which is great since it explains the gameplay better than the trailer does.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #305 on: March 13, 2013, 11:33:35 AM »

The Steam store page for the game just went live.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: March 13, 2013, 04:39:39 PM »

It's been a long road...

sexybeastfareast
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 13, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »

Just found out about this game and it looks great, cant' wait to play it!

And congrats on making it on Steam! $2.99 is the price for the IOS versions right?
Chris Pavia
« Reply #308 on: March 13, 2013, 08:28:07 PM »

$2.99 is the price for all versions!
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: March 17, 2013, 04:51:02 PM »

A Youtuber did a

After watching that, it looks even better. Still a bit unsure of the exact manner in which certain details work (specifically the mixing of different colors of diamonds) but it definitely looks like it has an addictive factor to it.

Watch this space for beta codes!
Just curious - what's the deal with these?

Chris Pavia
« Reply #310 on: March 17, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »

A Youtuber did a

After watching that, it looks even better. Still a bit unsure of the exact manner in which certain details work (specifically the mixing of different colors of diamonds) but it definitely looks like it has an addictive factor to it.

Watch this space for beta codes!
Just curious - what's the deal with these?

Mixing different colored strikers in the combo allows those character to participate in the attack, and all benefit from the multiplier. Each rune in the combo contributes +x points to the multiplier all characters in the combo get. x is 0.1 per character in the attack. So if you get all 4 characters in the combo, that's +0.4 per rune. But all you really need to know is to get as many characters and individual runes in the combos as possible to maximize the multiplier. There is an interactive tutorial in-game that does a good job of explaining everything.

I've been doing a lot of difficulty tuning lately, wanted to get that done before I started handing out beta codes. I'll try to give some out this week.

Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: March 17, 2013, 06:50:57 PM »

Getting from there to here.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: March 17, 2013, 07:05:22 PM »

-mixing strikers-
Gotcha. Does arrangement affect anything? He fiddled with a few of the larger arrangements quite a few times before they appeared to work. I couldn't tell if you manually had to activate strikers or he just had them positioned poorly.

I've been doing a lot of difficulty tuning lately, wanted to get that done before I started handing out beta codes. I'll try to give some out this week.
Awesome! Can't wait.

Chris Pavia
« Reply #313 on: March 17, 2013, 07:43:58 PM »

Arrangement does matter somewhat. When you tap a striker (diamonds), it activates any other strikers (of all colors) on the same row/column, which then activate any further strikers on the same row/column as them, etc. This determines which heroes get to attack. The round ones (chargers) have to be on the same row or column as the diamond (strikers) of the same color to be included.

Enemy runes on the same row/column as any striker in the combo take a hit (most are 1 hit, but some require 2 or 3).

It sounds more complicated than it is, after the first few battles people usually "get it". More gameplay gets layered in as you get farther, such as runes that can't be moved, or enemy runes that can only be destroyed by certain color strikers. Also, only the character who starts the combo (the rune you tap) gets the energy toward activating skills (special attacks), so you have to think about that if you want to charge up a particular character (like having the healers resurrect skill ready to go).
Chris Pavia
« Reply #314 on: March 17, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »

Oh, and in addition to combining 3 matching chargers to create a striker, you can combine 3 matching strikers to create a Super Striker, which combos all the runes on the board.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: March 17, 2013, 07:50:06 PM »

Oh, and in addition to combining 3 matching chargers to create a striker, you can combine 3 matching strikers to create a Super Striker, which combos all the runes on the board.
Cool. Thanks for the solid explanation. Smiley  Doesn't sound all that complicated. Just a few small details that don't communicate well over video.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: March 17, 2013, 07:53:32 PM »

Awesome, well done. I'll be getting the iPad version for sure. Smiley

Chris Pavia
« Reply #317 on: March 17, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »

Thanks!
Uykered
« Reply #318 on: March 17, 2013, 08:46:26 PM »

This looks great, pity you're unable to do Android.
Chris Pavia
« Reply #319 on: March 17, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »

Actually there's a good chance it will come to android, but it's still a ways off. I'd rather get started on the next game(s) than deal with android stuff, so we're talking to someone else about porting it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic