Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:49:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMagic Arts Reflex/Lunar Fashion (Dual Tech Demo Release on 2/26)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Magic Arts Reflex/Lunar Fashion (Dual Tech Demo Release on 2/26)  (Read 3859 times)
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:03:51 PM »

Because the development of both of there was linked I’m just going to combine them into 1 log.

Magic Arts

About
Magic Arts is an arena style RPG where you fight against other opponents in a one on one style or tournament where you climb the ranks.  You have the ability to choose and switch between one of three classes as you climb the ranks.  There are several customizations you can do with your character which includes customizing you attacks and changing equipment to alter you’re character’s appearance and build. It was originally going to be a mini game in Lunar Fashions but do to the fact that I decided to add more dialog to the game I decided to make a standalone version to release in December/January.

Classes
There are actually a total of seven classes including NPC classes but only three classes will be playable. The styles may change during the development and during testing.

Witch
This class primary damage relies on damage over time attack while using burst damage and curses combinations.  This class has the highest damage per second but has low hp, medium defense, but low hit and dodge rate.

Fighter
This is the third playable and the boss in the level 1 tournament this character specializes in combo attacks and armor piercing attacks. Because of the combo mechanics playing this player class will require more though on customizing his attacks. This character’s overall damage will rely on the combo attacks and the chain is broken you’ll have to restart the combo. Aside from the final blows this character has very little to no delay and cast time.  More details will be revealed during the beta release.

Dancer
The second playable class and most complex class due to due to most amount of damage and efficiency you must have the right dance combinations present.  The main characteristic of this class is the ability to deal status effects which temporary affect you or your opponent’s status effects. This class mostly relies on their high dodge rate due to their hp is higher than a witch but their armor absorbs little to no damage.  The Dancer has the lowest damage per second but if right can have the highest burst damage.Note the Dancer will be a NPC class in the game but will be playable in a future release.

Valkyrie
The Valkyrie is the last playable class in the game and the primary play style mostly relies on mixing offensive and defensive attacks to defeat your opponents.  This class has the highest amount of hp and defense which make this class very durable. The main drawbacks of this class is that it lacks any flee rate thus you have to rely on the hp and defense and while the damage is very high per hit she has very long cast time and cool downs.
Other Classes will be detailed later but includes a fighter which he can uses martial arts to deal combo damage and pierce though defense, Elemental Blade master who’s uses blades to cause stats effects and deal high damage per second and a Phalanx which uses his defensive to protect himself and use his defensive skills as an offensive.

Combat
The games combat actions are all real time and require all actions to keep focus on what your opponent does thought the game. You currently have a total of eight attacks to configure from and two special skills from rings.  Each of those skills will have a cast time and a cool down.  When the spell is being cast you can’t attack during the time of the casting and once the cool down has started you can’t use that skill until the cool down ends.  The battle will end once either you or your opponent runs out of HP and a victor is declared.  The core mechanics is down but some additions and balancing hasn’t been completed yet thus a few things will most likely change between now and release to improve the strategy and balancing.

An early tech demo is released check the recent pages for patch notes.

Lunar Fashion

About
Lunar Fashions is a visual novel/fashion game which revolves around a crazy girl name Mizuki as she creates and sells outfits to earn enough money to buy her limited edition collectables.  The game mostly revolves around Mizuki creating outfits for the customers when the shop is open while creating outfits and buying materials before you open the store. The game has multiple endings and several character paths depending if you managed to successfully complete their request. There are several sub events and mini game though out the game with bonus when the game is completed.

Story
The main story path follows Mizuki as she sees an announcement that her favorite show will have an anniversary convention where they will sell and auction limited edition collectables. As one of the biggest fans she wants to have all of them but she doesn’t have enough money to buy them all thus Mizuki decides to use her talents to create and sell outfits to the masses.  Thus Mizuki has 30 days to gain as much money as she can before the convention starts.

Game Mechanics
The core game elements revolve around you selling outfits.  Starting out you only have a few outfits thus you need to buy books to make new outfits also make sure you have enough material to create new and sell the outfits. To create outfits you need the book and the materials to make the outfit and creating outfits will increase your selection to optimize you score to get more money.  The customer will give you a request which can vary from a full outfit to matching an article of clothing to complete the set.   When the customer gives you the request you have to pay attention to what the person is wearing to give you a hint of the persons taste.  The money you will get will depend on the outfit and how much the customer likes it but if they don’t’ like it they won’t pay for it.  While doing this you will need to increase your reputation and the only way to do that is to get high marks on your outfits.  The more they like it the faster your reputation increases and you can get more customers per day but if they hate it your reputation will slowly decrease.  There are also several character paths which you can get to by succeeding or failing their request doing this my give you an alternate ending with some of the paths.

You can support this project by going here to help add some music and possibly other extras.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1761847237/lunar-fashion
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:45:22 PM by jerry-me » Logged
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:24:55 PM »

Update Dec 2: Magic Arts

Attacks part 1

For my first update I would like to discuss reveal more detail about the attack and the skills. While working on the attack and skills I’ve been trying to expand the skills and possible attacks and strategies during the development and before the post I was planning on using the 8 normal skill slots and 2 slots for ring skills which give the player 10 skills total. Now I’ve added 4 more slots which will be focused on defensive skills.

To expand in detail of the changes the basic 8 normal skill slots will be used for basic attacks and defensive attacks.  These skills do low to moderate damage and usually will have low cool downs. The 2 slot for rings will be used for powerful attacks or skills that will increase your stats or damage for certain attacks.  The 4 new skill slots will be focus on defensive and countering like the ring skill slots these skills will be more effective and powerful than the normal defensive skills and thus will have a longer cool down like the rings.

I’ll post the results and current attacks once I add them and test them in game.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »

Lunar Fashion Weekly Update

Due to the fact that I’m trying to finish the last of the script and I will just be doing weekly updates on the status plus some more details on the game.  Currently I’m working on the Interaction script which I’ll explain in detail once it’s finished and coded.
I’ll first like to give some details about the main character Mizuki Wakahisa.

Mizuki is a very energetic and cheery individual who is often quite imaginative. As a result of this she tends to go overboard and often think she is childish or crazy.  Mizuki’s main goal in the story is to earn money by selling her outfits to earn enough money to buy the collectables.  She also has a bad habit of breaking the 4th wall and start to talk to the player or acknowledges that they are in a game which doesn’t help her case of some people that she is nuts.

Magic Arts update Dec 5

I managed to get the code working from before and the only thing left is to test the counter to make sure it will nullify and deal the damage to your opponent although I made a placeholder for it initially.  The other thing that was added to the game was the ability to switch equipment currently only the witch equipment is added to the game at the moment and I’ll show you a little preview below of the equipment.

I’ll start working on the counter script and preparing to add the ability to customize the character skills in the following days and start to finalize the layout of the games HUD and menu placement.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 12:47:36 PM »

A very small update due to the fact I’ve been playing around with the latest 3ds update for the past couple of days. But I think I decided about the final placement of the game HUD.  The AI is too strong at the moment even when I have a higher level armor (I did win with the level 2 armor set but I only had 10% health vs. when I used the basic armor where the CPU would have 10% left.) but I might have to look into it in terms of weakening the AI a bit especially that I haven’t added the new defensive skills to the AI.   I’m planning to have a short closed alpha testing sometime next week to tweak and fine tune some of core game elements and some early tweaking. I’ll reveal more details on a date and exact details I’m looking for during the weekend.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 11:42:33 PM »

Update Dec 10: Magic Arts

I fixed the problems with the damage issue and everything seems to be working properly at the moment. As a result I’ll start the first testing in the middle of the week.  I’ll explain more details with the Lunar Fashion weekly update on Sunday night. Also I’m working on the next draft on the Valkyrie’s attacks and should be playable during the next testing phase.

Last Details is that I’ve decided on the final placement on the HUD and I’ll display the placement with the second part of the attacks part 2 with the Sunday Night update.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 08:49:23 PM by jerry-me » Logged
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 04:16:18 PM »

Magic Arts: Update 4

Minor chances since the last update mostly preparing for the first testing and preparing to find any last minute problems, fixes and making some temp animations for the effects.  I’m also slowly adding the battle HUD and below is an early version of the setup.  I’m working on the Valkyrie graphics and will be playable by the next testing.  A 50/50 chance that you’ll be able to switch your attacks due to the fact I’m still debating on the placement and setup of the skill set up screen’s placement.

Closed Alpha 1 Details

This will be the first of several testing of Magic Arts testing that will happen during the development to improve the concept and the product.
The first testing will involve the witch character and her CPU character and to test the core mechanics and controls.
The character and CPU will just have the basic attacks and the player will be able to use the basic and level 1 equipment.  The CPU will only be able to use the standard 8 starting attacks with a basic AI.  The player will only be able to use the core attacks plus ring and armor skills although a few other attacks will be playable but not really required to play around with at the moment.
The main feedback I’m looking for is about the controls, interface and to tell if the balance is off or the game speed it too slow or fast etc.

The next testing will introduce an early version of the Valkyrie and a few additions.

Witch’s Attacks

Fire Curse: The Witch Deals a fire curse that deals 50~200% damage and 60% damage over 12 seconds.
Ice Curse: An Ice powered curse that deals 25~75% damage and 80% damage over 8 seconds.
Toxic Curse: A poison based curse that deals 25~50% damage and 100% damage over 10 seconds
Wind Curse: A curse that compels the forces of the wind which deals 50~150% damage and 100% damage over 15 seconds.
Magic Strike: A basic magic attack which can deal 50~100% damage.
Power Strike: A powerful magic blow which can deal around 100~200% damage.
Magic Pulse: A powerful magic pulse which can deal 50~200% damage.
Magic Guard: Increases the player’s defense to block an attack. While in use you can’t attack during the duration.

--Ring Attacks—
Power Ring: Increases attack power by 20% for 30 seconds.
Curse Ring: Increases damage from damage over time attacks by 1.

--Armor Skills/Defensive Skills—
Agility Up: Increases agility by 20% for 50 seconds.
Defense Up: Increases defense by 20%
Illusion: Creates an illusion of yourself to negate an attack and have a chance for a counter if applicable.
Blind illusion: This attack can only be used after Illusion and once activated the opponent will get the blind status which lowers accuracy and agility for a certain amount of time.

If anyone wants to help out with the first testing please send me an private message and I’ll send the build by Thursday morning.

Lunar Fashion Weekly Update 2

The second Lunar Fashion update I’ll add detail about another character.
Reiko Tenshin
Reiko is the closest and best friend to Mizuki.  She comes from a very high status family and is raised at the Sakura shrine thus she tends to act like a princess sometimes.  She is kind and generous person with a high moral code where she often doesn’t like bullying. As a result she tends to get into fights often with delinquents or with Hotaru and Ai or people who think she is her older twin sister Yui.  Reiko also has a very bad inferior complexity due to always being compared to her sister, Sakura or her mother and as a result she tends to get really moody on certain subjects.  Rarely she will act mischievous and play pranks but it’s very rarely and usually on Ai and her friends.

Reiko’s role in the game is to model the outfits for the customer due to Mizuki has a bad habit of thinking Reiko is a living doll due to Reiko being the smallest character and very slender thus she tends to make Reiko dress up into different outfits or something she sees from one of her shows/comics although Reiko sometimes doesn’t like to do it she reluctantly volunteer to help out in order to help here but will leave if Mizuki fails too much or is just doing this to play around.  You can interact with her throughout the game to increase her moral and to open up a couple of sub events in the game but if Reiko leaves the game will end.

Next weekly update I’ll expand on the game mechanics with another character.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 10:41:29 PM »

Magic Arts: Update 5(Alpha Testing 1)

The first testing for Magic Arts is up and details are in the post above.  Full details of the game will be up within the next update or two.  Right now the main game is running the only main thing left is to add and tweak the attacks and the AI which should be done with the help of testing Then enable the ability to change the character’s skills.  Until I get the feedback I’m going to mostly finish the graphics starting with the Valkyrie and first boss graphics then the HUD/Menu graphics and the first battle animations.(Temps are in the demo to show the cast delay.) 

If anyone wants to help out with the testing just reply to the post or send me a private message I should be able to send the latest game version within 24 hours.   The next testing will start next week with the next class.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 12:52:18 AM »

Lunar Fashion Weekly Update 3.1

This week will have details on some of the game mechanics and another character.
Ai Megami
Ai Megami is the popular girl of the school and is one of the antagonists in the game. She’s the daughter of the head of the school and one of the founding families that founded the Sakura shrine.  Ai is the popular girl in class and quite talented in her study and skills.  She often has a higher status tone that often makes others feel beneath her due to her talents and family lineage. As a result the popular girls tend to spend time with her like Jun.  She is also accumpied by Hotaru who’s her classmate and bodyguard.

Ai’s relationship with Mizuki is a very negative one due to Mizuki’s craziness which she often thinks that Mizuki belongs in an insane asylum rather than a private school.  It also doesn’t help that she is friends with Reiko who she doesn’t get along with due to huge conflict with each other during childhood which often puts Mizuki in the center of her verbal attacks.  Ai and Reiko tends to get into fights with each other often but Reiko usually loses the verbal conflicts due to Ai being very cool headed and Reiko having several subjects that makes her lose her cool while in a rare occasion they will get physical where Hotaru will get involve and stop Reiko.

An expanded detail on the game mechanics will be delayed to later this week due to I’m posting this very late at night. 

Magic Arts Update

A very minor update today is that I’m closing the testing until the next build which will be up this weekend which will have the updated AI and playable Valkyrie with the first tier level playable.  I’ll expand it in more detail sometime in the middle of the week but for now here’s an early in game design of the Valkyrie low level armor.

jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 11:00:45 PM »

Magic Arts Update 12/21

Several changes to the Magic Arts will be listed below.  A few things added, removed and added in more detail.

Final name will be Magic Arts Reflex due to the games fast magic battling nature to use attacks and counter.  It overall fits the name and the controls and hope it’s an acceptable final name.

The attacks have been added or modified to enable more strategies and overall techniques to lessen the random spamming of attacks during the battle.
Dancer is now an NPC It will be playable in an expansion but you’ll fight against a concept of the character in one of the tournaments.

The game will be divided into 4 tiers with each level having a higher level difficulty. To get to a higher tier you must fight and win the tournament to advance.  To get skills and equipment you must defeat the fighters in battle and each fighter gives out different things when you win the battle.

Minor changes to the Valkyrie’s attack and play style more details will be revealed with the second testing starts.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 07:51:26 PM »

Magic Arts Reflex Update 12/24

I’m preparing the next demo which will reflect the final version of the game at the moment I’m working on stun and other status effects and some other minor internal testing.  It should be up next week I’ll post it in the feedback section.  Until then I’ll explain what will be in the demo.

The Valkyrie and Witch will be fully playable in the upcoming version. You’ll be able to customize your attacks and equipment skills.  You can change your equipment but only starter and level one equipment will be playable.
The first tier will be playable which allows you to fight against a computer controlled Valkyrie and Witch. Both classes will have the basic skills and a longer delay and cool down after they attack to help the player get used to the system.

The first tournament will be playable which will allow you to fight against higher level version of the playable characters plus one boss class character.  When you enter a tournament you won’t be able to change characters or customize your character’s equipment or skills until the tournament ends.  To enter the tournament you must win 2 battles in a row to unlock the first tournament.

To get new equipment and skills you must win a battle. Once the battle ends you’ll get a random skill/equipment but some skills/equipments can only be earned by defeating a certain character.  You’ll net more rewards in the tournament.
The last tiers will be based on the feedback.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »

Lunar Fashion Update 12/26

For this update I’ll talk about the outfit customization.  After you get a request you have to complete their request.  When you start you will be able to customize the outfit from several articles of clothes.

You’ll be allowed to change the top, full body dress, leggings, lower body and shoes.  To change the outfits just click on the one of the options and you’ll be sent into a sub menu where you can choose several outfits if available.

After you select the outfits you’ll have to select the color of the outfit from a pallet of 20 colors (15 shown from the late Alpha build). There are two sets of colors the main and sub color.  The main color is the primary color of the outfit and takes up the majority of the outfit while the sub is usually the sub patterns or rim of the outfit. It’s best to select the colors based on the person’s taste or you might get fewer points for not picking the favorite color or a color they hate.

Later in the game you’ll have the option to change Reiko’s hair style or her current emotion to increase the appeal of the outfit.  If Reiko is in a bad or negative mood she won’t change her hair or expression thus it’s best to keep her in a good mood but more detailed explanation will be detailed later.

On the top part of the screen you’ll see several materials above Reiko.  These will tell you how many materials the combined outfits will consume and how many you have left.  They’ll be consumed if the person buys the material but if not you won’t lose any.  Note if you don’t have enough of a certain material you won’t be able to add or change the outfit.  Once your done just hit confirm and the customer will determine if they like it or not.  The more they like the outfit the more money you will get for the outfit.

Next week I’ll talk about the different customer request and the scoring system for Lunar Fashions. As for Magic Arts Reflex I decided to take the weekend to rest but I’ll try to get the second test ready by the end of the week.

jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »

Lunar Fashion/Magic Arts Reflex Minor update

Just a minor update tonight but adding a little status update on both but one of the key things will be the final date of the open testing of Magic Arts Reflex.  The Open Alpha build will be released someday on January 3 but an exact time hasn’t been decided.  I’ll be posting full details when it’s ready.  A minor update on lunar fashion is that I’m slowly finishing the last part of the main story an estimate is that the story will be between 20,000 to 24,000 words and while I’m not done with all the NPC/Sub story script and estimate of all the script combined will be about 40,000 to 45,000 words. Once I’m finish with Magic Arts which should be in a few weeks I should be finish with most of the script and fine tuning and finishing everything a full force.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »

Magic Arts Update

Minor Delay to the demo due to a finding a few last minute bugs and some minor difficulty between classes. It should be resolved in a day or two but until then I’ll fully reveal the Valkyrie’s skills.

Valkyrie’s attacks

Thunder Strike: An electric blow which deals around 100%~250% damage per hit.
Multi Strike: Normal Magic Strike which can connect to the opponent up to 5 times which can deal around 75%~125% per hit.
Thunder Blast: Deals 200%~300%.
Thunder bolt: A bolt of electricity that can deal around 50%~150% per hit.
Lighting Blade: Creates a lighting blade to modify damage. Increases ATK by 10%.
Topple Strike: A very powerful blow that has a higher chance causing fallen or stun effect.
Magic Strike: A basic magic attack which can deal 50~100% damage.
Power Strike: A powerful magic blow which can deal around 100~200% damage.
Magic Pulse: A powerful magic pulse which can deal 50~200% damage.
Magic Guard: Increases the player’s defense to block an attack. While in use you can’t attack during the duration.
Leg Sweep: I quick lower attack to the legs which has a low chance of causing the fallen state which does 50%~150% per hit.
Multi Magic Pulse: A multiply hit version of the magic pulse which can hit up to 5 times and 50%~200% per hit.

--Ring Attacks—

Power Ring: Increases attack power by 20% for 30 seconds.
Paralyzing Blade: This skill can only be activated when lighting blade is activated. This can increase the change of causing paralyze state when lighting attacks are dealt.
Tempest Strike: A high level skill which deals 400%~800% for the initial blow and 75% damage for over 10 seconds.

--Armor Skills—

Agility Up: Increases agility by 20% for 50 seconds.
Defense Up: Increases defense by 20%
Divine Protection: Increases defense by 50%.
Lighting Shield: Deals electric based damage when hit (Only works when in guard).
Paralyze Shield: Can cause a paralyze state when an enemy is attacking (Only works when in guard).

Other skills will be posted during the final release.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »

Lunar Fashion Update 1/9

For this week Lunar Fashion Update I’ll continue from last weekly update and explain the customer request and scoring system.  As you know the primary income in lunar fashion is customer request and to explain in detail you get a certain amount of customers every day based on your reputation and from these request the customer will give you one of several request.  The first type of request is that the customer will allow you to design a full set for the customers.  This is the most lax in terms of getting good scores and getting more money but consumes more material. The second type is when the customer requires you to finish the set by adding a piece of clothing or two. This type is more precise than the first one and getting the wrong style could make it an instant fail.  The last type is mostly for story based characters and hard mode where you have to create or finish the outfit for a certain event.  This event is the hardest but can get greater rewards and reputation if successful but will fail if you didn’t find out what the customer likes or dislikes.

After the end of the day you’ll get graded on your results.  The grades will be based on the customer’s satisfaction of the outfit they bought and the average grade of the day.  The grades ranges from Rank S to Rank F where Rank F is a failure and your reputation will decrease and a Rank S will greatly increase the money earned and reputation. The final grades won’t affect the main story but will show your overall performance but getting a good rating will allow you to unlock a few extras for new game +.

Magic Arts Reflex Update

I fixed the problems during the weekend but I’m not satisfied with the results of the skills in the combat system. Combat system is ok but I’m still trying to balance the games combination of normal skills and counters/defensive skills.  I’ll like the player the attacks to be varied when they attack rather than spamming the same 4~6 skills over and over again which I’m trying to avoid. So I’m going to reevaluate the skills so it’ll be a little more entertaining but not to complex.  I’ll update the status later this week on the progress of the skill changes.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 08:50:16 PM »

Magic Arts Reflex Update

I did some playing around with the design and I did some minor changes to fix a few problems that were bugging me.  One of the changes is that I’ve add some new normal defensive attacks to add more variety and the other changes is that I’ve decided to move a few skills around in terms of when you get them. Another change is that I’m adding a delay between once the cast times is done and when it hits as well as a few attacks will be able to lower, negate or overpower the attack when used.  If it’s not strong enough it will only reduce the damage. A few more detail skills has a chance to cancel both attacks out if they are not to powerful.

I’ll tweak and test it this week I don’t have an exact date but next post I’ll tell the attack changes and product release timeline of Magic Arts Reflex.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 03:55:53 PM »

Magic Arts Reflex Update

I’ve finish the draft of the attack changes and I’ll display the changes below. The following will be in the first testing/tutorial rank.

Normal Magic (All Classes)
Magic Pulse: A powerful magic pulse which can deal 100~200% damage. Cast time 1s Launch Time 1.5s Cool Down .5 s

Magic Strike: A basic magic attack which can deal 50~150% damage. Cast Time .5s Launch Time 1s Cool Down .5s

Magic Guard: Increases the player’s defense to block an attack. While in use you can’t attack during the duration. The shield will break when the damage threshold is exceeded. Shield HP=ATK*5. Cast Time .5 Duration 4s Cool Down 8s

Witch Attacks
Fire Curse: The Witch Deals a fire curse that deals 50~150% damage and 125% damage over 25 seconds.  Cast Time 2s Launch Time 0s Delay 18s

Illusion Step: Increases the Witch’s flee rate by 50% for 4 seconds. Cast Time .5s Cool Down 8s

Darkness Blade: Creates a dark blade capable of slashing though attacks and deals 75%~150% damage. Cast Time .5 Launch Time 0 Delay 4s Negate Attack ability (This skill can negate any attack that’s in the launch time as long as it’s twice the damage or less)

Valkyrie’s Attacks
Thunder bolt: A bolt of electricity that can deal around 100%~250% per hit. Has a low change of causing paralysis.  Cast Time 1s Launch Time 1s Cool Down 1s

Electric Blade: Creates a blade of electricity and gives the character the ability to use Blade skills.  Cast Time 1s Cool Down 60s Duration 45s

Blade Strike: A powerful strike from the Valkyrie’s blade and deals 75%~200% per hit.  Has a low change of causing paralysis and has the negate attack ability. Cast time .5s Launch Time .5s Cool Down 4s

Defensive Skills
Valkyrie (Counter Strike): A counter attack that absorbs the attack and deals 50% more damage back at the opponent.  Cast Time .5s Cool Down 6s Duration 2s

Witch (Illusion): Creates an illusion of yourself to negate an attack and have a chance for a counter if applicable. Cast Time .5s Cool Down 8s Duration 2s

Attack Skills
Power Ring: Increases attack power by 20% for 30 seconds. Cast Time 1s Cool Down 60s Duration 30s

When you begin you will start of by playing as the witch with the basic equipment and only Magic Pulse, Magic Strike and Magic Guard available at the start.  You’ll gain more basic skills as you go though the training matches. Once you completed the training matches you’ll have the option to enter the training tournament to test the skills you learned.   After you win you’ll begin the first rank challengers.

As for the path we will be going for Magic Arts is that we’ll start with an Alpha testing to fine tune the game design and difficulty.  The beta might be closed and will introduce the first rank and any last fixes or tweaks to the design if needed. The completed version will be released once the beta is done for a cheap price with the second rank available.  After the release their will be free updates up to rank 6 which also includes and gauntlet mode and the fighter class between those free update. After the 6 update hopefully I’ve gotten enough from the sales to get someone to set up player VS player or at the very least I enough for me to learn and start and set the server up by myself.  This will be known as the extended version which should cost around the same as the original to cover the initial sever bills. The extended version will also have free update with some new game elements into the game and a hard EX mode, Dancer class playable and a few other extras.   Hopefully it does well enough between the two and have decent enough feedback to create a more graphic 2.0 version with more of a multiplayer orientation.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »

Lunar Fashion Update

I’ll like to introduce a new character this week after a few weeks of game details so I reveal the third story character.

Junko Koga

She is the part of the martial arts club in the campus and one of their strongest martial artists in the club.  She is very tomboyish and short tempered which often gets her into fights and in trouble with the campus.  As a tomboy she really doesn’t like girlish stuff which doesn’t make her very fond on Mizuki often gets on her nerves although she does show some respect to Reiko due to her sister’s past and Reiko’s lineage.  She gets into the mix of the story due to Mizuki found something to hand over her head to support her shop.  Junko’s story is one of the few stories that can give you an alternate ending.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 10:10:40 AM »

Lunar Fashion Update

This update I’ll like to talk about the changes in character design.  Throughout the development starting with the preplanning I’ve been tweaking and updating the characters designs.  The changes can either be based on changes to the story, personality changes or I might have felt the design was outdated or something was missing. A good example which I’ll use is Ai and her group.

When I did Ai’s original design I came up with a high class girl who would generally look down on the protagonists of the stories. While drawing it I created two other girls by her side to support her.  I originally made Ai’s eye type a little mean looking and I made the other two characters in the similar fashion.  After I started to do some of the actual art work in the game I updated her character design by doing an update to her hair style but keeping the original eye structure also by that time I had a general draft of her back story.  I eventually updated the eyes to make them more rounded to slightly improve the design.  The last one is the previous design where I redrew her hair design from the ground up after I wanted to make her more superior looking to Reiko and reflect her personality better.  I left that design for a while until I felt something was missing from the design. So I eventually did one last update to her design hair wise in the final concept.  I did keep more of the previous hair design but adding a tweak to Ai’s design kind of made it complete. The changes I made are below.

I really didn’t do any changes to her friends until after I did the first revision to Ai in the game.  Originally the two were meant to be background characters that just followed her I eventually fleshed them out and eventually gave them a story while I was writing.  I won’t go in exact detail on their story but I’ll talk brief about their design evolution.  The first character I updated and fleshed out was the one I call Hotaru.  Her original design she looked a little similar to her original design the major changes was that I the hair style was more refined but the same hair length also I slightly updated her eyes and made them a little more narrow due to her personality.  The last update which was very recent is that I did a minor update to her eyes mostly due to she looked a little older than she should look thus I did a minor refinement to the eyes and slightly increased the eye height a bit to make her the appropriate age and a minor color change to the outfit and eyes but the exact changes in color hasn’t been decided.

The other character I that is by her side is Hina which out of all the character is the one I fully changed from scratch.  Her original design she had short pig tails and a cross clip on her hair and her original face kind of looks kind of villainous in retrospect.  So when it was time to add her I literally had to redesign her from scratch for the most part. The first major change is that I redid her hair from scratch but I did use core hair design for another character name Tsukiko which I will explain in detail in a week or two. Her hair design from the alpha build picture below is from the final picture I kind of made more of a normal hair style where her eye is partially covered. In terms of the eyes I did some major refinement on her eyes so she doesn’t look demented but like the others kept the core design to an extent and I was very happy with the final design.

jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »

Lunar Fashion Update

This update I’ll talk about Mina’s shop and the process of buying materials.  In Lunar Fashion to make and sell outfits you need to buy materials and the only place to get that is in Mina’s store.  When you’re in the store you can do a couple of things at the store and a few minor things to pass the time.  Currently the main thing to do is to resupply your stock if you need more fabric and this is the only place you can go to get books to allow you to create new outfits.  The books will be available over time and on certain events but once you buy it you won’t need to buy the book again.  The next option you can do is talk to Mina but I am planning something similar but different to the interaction system that you interact with Reiko but exact details will be revealed on a future date when the development is more mature.  The last thing you can do at the shop is the ability to make your own mini store at the shop by creating and putting outfits on display but the only way to unlock this is by advancing Mina’s story.   I’ll post more details about Mina after Tsukiko introduction next week.

Magic Arts/Lunar Fashion Status Update

A short tidbit about Lunar Fashion is that I’ll restart the actual coding and graphic work during the middle of the month after the Magic Arts beta but I’ll start looking for someone to work on the music once I get enough of the cut scenes up.

I intended to have Magic Arts Reflex alpha testing up but I ran into a few bugs while adding the tutorial stuff thus I’ve been really quiet about the status but I’m satisfied on the combat system update and I plan on having a string of testing to balance the attacks, control and difficulty.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 10:53:43 PM »

Magic Arts/Lunar Fashion Update

Magic Arts

I’ll be released the first demo on Wednesday which will include the first tutorials and training battles. The combat system is running and I’m trying to fix some minor non game breaking glitches but I’ll release it regardless due to it’s just a graphics code issue that is caused when the attack is destroyed before you cast it.  Also I’m working on the background and the other menu designs but they might not be ready depending on the time I have to work on it but the main goal of the demo is to get feedback on the controls and the basic core mechanics.

Lunar Fashion

This week I’ll introduce a new character Tsukiko.

Tsukiko is one of Mizuki’s closer and long time friends since childhood.  She is quite a positive and energetic individual and sans any of Mizuki bad habits. Mizuki and Tsukiko have a similar character in their name and their similar interest that Mizuki often thinks of Tsukiko as her devoted clone. In my previous post I based her hair style off Hina’s original design then I mixed in a little of Mizuki’s design so they have a similar resemblance but Tsukiko often admires Mizuki that she often looks up to her as a role model but some might agree that’s a bad idea.

Tsukiko role in the game is to help you spread the word about the shop and get customers to buy your outfits.  You meet her on the first day when you begin the shop and she appears a couple of other days if you continue to get a good approval from her request.  Going though Tsukiko story will greatly increase your reputation if you do it right and it’s easy especially if you know what she likes.  Although Tsukiko is trying to help you if you fail on your request Tsukiko’s effort might backfire and you’re reputation might drop.

On a minor note I did a minor revision on the endings to make the final days more challenging and the game has eight ending depending on what you do in the game.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic