Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:24:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMagic Arts Reflex/Lunar Fashion (Dual Tech Demo Release on 2/26)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Magic Arts Reflex/Lunar Fashion (Dual Tech Demo Release on 2/26)  (Read 3868 times)
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 01:58:57 AM »

Magic Arts Update (Controls Demo)

This is the first release of Magic Arts Reflex but I wanted to have more available but between the last post and today I kind of broke the enemy damage and attack formula when I was fixing a few bugs and adding the last parts of the tutorial.  Thus I wanted to show case the full combat system fully working with all 3 tutorials and training battles but when I broke it I didn’t have time to fully check all the tutorials thus I disables the rest of the game options for now and added a few attack right out of the gate.  I’m just going to rewrite several parts of the code from scratch due to adding on to the previous system is the cause of this but I’ll give some details on the controls.

To play the game you click on the icons below the player to attack and each of them has a cast time, launch time and a cool down.  You can’t use the attack again until the cool down period has ended and you can’t attack until the launch time and cast time is completed.   You can cancel out your opponent attacks while in transit if you hit the damage by casting a stronger spell to counteract it.

Known Bugs/Glitches

• Temp cast animation will explode when cast (Part of the Enemy Damage Glitch)
  • Minor Delay before damage is received (I was still tweaking/balancing the damage to cast time ratio so the last attacks might have this or a very minor wait.)
  • Tutorial Text cuts off at the beginning (Rewriting that part of the tutorial)

Note: This is not the final version of the game and might change between now and the final product. The HUD and a few other graphics are just temps until I decide on a final design.  The first demo is mostly focused on the controls due to the damage glitch thus I only recommend If you are willing to test the feel of the controls and the controls only.  If you want to play and not test I suggest you wait until the beta version is released. 

I’ll be only taking comments/suggestion on the controls only anything else will be discarded until I reach that point in the testing stage.

Note 2: It's an .exe file right now and I suggest having your computer to at least 720p before playing.
magientertainment.com/tmp/MagicArts.zip

I should have it fixed/rewritten by the time of the next Lunar Fashion info update on Sunday Night/Monday morning at the latest. The next one will focus on the actual combat system and the full tutorials and once that’s done I’ll release the first training tournament and release the Valkyrie class.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 01:53:12 AM »

Lunar Fashion/Magic Arts Update

Magic Arts

The second alpha build is out and the following changes are below.

Changes
Added the three basic tutorials

Added the training battles (They can be done after you completed the tutorial.)

Fixed the no damage glitch

Re enabled the edit character menu. (Equipment is unlocked and stats are enabled but I haven’t uploaded any of the new graphics thus a few will default to the original outfit when you get hit or attack.)

Customization of the Attack slots (You can change your attack slots but I’m preparing for the next release from thus some of the witch attacks can’t be changed back unless unlocked.)

Improved the cast animation glitch (Mostly fixed)

Note: This is not the final version of the game and might change between now and the final product. The HUD and a few other graphics are just temps until I decide on a final design.  The 1st/2nt demo is mostly focused on the controls, basic flow of the combat and the tutorial thus I only recommend If you are willing to test the feel of the controls and the tutorial only.  If you want to play and not test I suggest you wait until the beta version is released. 

Note 2: It's an .exe file right now and I suggest having your computer to at least 720p before playing.

On a last note I should have another build in the second half of the week which should focus on the first tournament and the AI. I should also have the completed battle HUD and background by the end of the week.  I’m still playing around with the other menu designs.

Lunar Fashion Update

This update I’ll like to showcase another character for today’s update.

Hina Sakurai
Hina is one of Ai’s friends who frequently follow her around in the story.  Hina is not very fond of Mizuki due to Ai disliking her and due to Mizuki’s usual nature.  Mizuki often notes that Hina is often forgettable and a background character due to usually being behind Ai and having less relevance to the story and always getting her name wrong.  Despite Mizuki’s claims she is quite known due to her father being in the movies and her mother being one of the higher ups in the Sakura shrine.  While this has made her popular she tries her best to become her own person rather than just be her parent’s successor.

In terms of the story she doesn’t really have her own unique story path but she is connected to Ai’s main story.  You can’t complete Ai’s story unless you complete her request. She also plays an important role in a few of the final endings if you completed a certain story but most of the time she is usually with Hotaru and Ai.

Next week I’ll talk about a few of the concept of the mini games in Lunar Fashion.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »

Magic Arts Reflex Update

The next build it’s out it’s a minor one today due to I’m working on the advanced AI, new HUD elements and a minor change the system. But the main change is that I added a new version of the AI and they get new attack for each level.  Also this will be the last time that everything will be enabled.  After this build everything will be locked.

You can download the latest build here.

Note: This is not the final version of the game and might change between now and the final product. The HUD and a few other graphics are just temps until I decide on a final design.   If you want to play and not test I suggest you wait until the beta version is released.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 01:13:12 AM »

Lunar Fashion Update

This update I’ll like to showcase a few changes to the graphics. The first major change is that I’ve removed the tech demo graphic of Reiko in the outfit section with a new one.

The new one reflects the current design of Reiko and I’ll try to have the ability to view the outfit it multiple directions but I’ll be a while before I have all the outfits down.

The next update is that I’ve did a change to Junko’s design It’s been finished in weeks but I just decided to post it today. The original is on the left and the updated version is on the right.

Last few details I’ll post is that I’ve added Lunar Fashion to Kickstarter to mostly try to raise money for the music and any extra I would get would be used to improve the game. The link is here.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1761847237/lunar-fashion

If you would like to help donate it would help also a bonus I made a video of the alpha/tech demo build and 60% of the total main characters in the game.  The characters height is exact for each character and the shadows of the characters in black will be revealed soon.

On a last note I’ll have the final test build of Magic arts this week before I push it into beta and I’ll keep you updated on the status.
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 10:55:04 PM »

Lunar Fashion/Magic Arts Dual Tech Demo Release date

If you didn’t see the title I’m going release both of them by the end of Sunday 2/26.  The Magic Arts version will be closer to the beta version and I’ll post it on the testing part of the dev forums to try to get more feedback to ensure a quality and fun product.  While I had the tech demo of Lunar Fashion ready since December I was planning on holding it until the project was in the late beta version but I’m trying to use Kickstarter to raise some money for some music composers so to try to boost donations I’m going to update the Reiko Model plus a few other graphics between now and this weekend and release the tech demo this weekend. The first 7 days will be playable and a small selection of the outfits in the game which I’m doing right now.

If you’re interested in donating to help Lunar Fashion via the kickstarter go here.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1761847237/lunar-fashion
jerry-me
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 12:18:01 AM »

Lunar Fashion Update

The tech demo is out and you can download it at the link below.
http://magientertainment.com/images/mizuki2.zip

It’s mostly old graphics minus the new Reiko model and a minor up resolution of the game but besides that everything is from the early design and a bulk will change between now and the release. The demo mostly goes though a rough draft of the first 7 days and several of the game mechanics. I made it quite easy so asides from a certain item request you shouldn’t have any problem getting money and not failing.  The last thing is that several things like character interaction and mini games aren’t in the build but will be in the official demo and the final build.

The magic arts build will be out shortly due to it took me longer than expected to increase the resolution of Lunar Fashion and find the last few bugs.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic