Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:57:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsSeekingTeam (Full details inside)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SeekingTeam (Full details inside)  (Read 2650 times)
Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:34:47 AM »

Update

We've had a number of concept artists join our ranks, and our first landscape is well underway. We've downscale the story a bit, but still made it plenty interesting. The game is now more casual, and suited for a small team.

http://omegadevelopment.myfreeforum.org/about61.html

Info

We've had some great concept artists join us, and would love to have more, a long with modelers who can work freely to create things without reference, or can create references, as well as other talented people.

The project is fresh, and new, but we're making headway. The plan is to have the game fully voice acted, and ready to go by its final iteration. If you think you'd be interested in working on a project like this feel free to let me know

It's a casual game, something a small team can complete. It's going to start with the Omega 7 team of the Omega Federation landing on a desolate Cybrin planet. Their mission is to disconnect the deadly alien threat from its infected mainframe.

First the players will embark on a mission to clear out a few enemies, then the player will enter a cave complex with the Omega 7 team. Their object is to make their way to the main Cybrin com links. Shortly after the player will fall into a hole where he'll be trapped inside the giant underground cave network, which happens to be the origins of the ancient Cybrin civilization, and also home of the virus itself.

Story will be told via the main characters headset which will connect him to the rest of the Omega 7 team, as well as his interactions with the virus which he'll see throughout the games (female form).

Main hero has an implant from past operation which will become infected with the virus.

(there's great opportunity for plot twists, as well as light metal gear solid story telling style via voice acted communication between hero and Omega 7 team.)

First Scenario Snippet And Information

Omega 7 ship of the Omega Federation lands on a desolate Cybrin planet. Upon disembarking their vessel commander Bryce speaks "This is it ladies and gentlemen. This is where we'll disconnect the Cybrin from their mainframe."

Tech reading a screen on her arm "Heavy Cybrin activities in various regions sir."

Bryce nods "This is the mother planet. Omega federation calls it 'Little Vegas'. We're unsure how long the Cybrin have been in the region, but we know it's the location of their main connection to the infected system.”

Jekel "Woot,Vegas, baby!"

Gina "The only flashing lights we'll see here is gun fire, and explosions."

Bot chuckles “What's the steaks?”

Bryce “Our lives..” he pauses a moment “Our first objective is to clear any opposition on our way, clear out their outpost, and head towards their main towers. It's the relay system, and their means of communication with the infected mainframe. Move out!”

[As the team moves through the terrain they'll take out any opposition they come across. They'll make their way to the out post they need to clear out, and head for a cave system which will lead to the relay towers they're trying to take out. Upon entering the cave system the player will fall into a chasm, and become trapped in a massive underground complex which is actually the ruins of the ancient civilization that lies at the roots of the Cybrin people's origins. Throughout the game the story will be told with through the players head set connection with Omega 7 team as well as through the viruses communication with the play. Player will see the virus numerous times through his travels in the cave complex, and will have communications with it in his head via an implanted chip it successfully infects as he moves through the levels. It's goal is to lead the player into the complex where it lives, and procreate to make another mega virus to infect another planet. Great chance here to tell lots of story on the way to keep players interested.]

After falling into the hole Player character “argg...” Lights a red flare, and sees his surroundings.

Player “great..”

Tech on her head set “scchh...you alright?”

player “Yeah..but I'm trapped..”

Bryce “scchh. damn it! You'll have to find a way out.” Gun fire can be heard over static filled transmissions. “We've got no choice but to keep moving!”

Player “arg..!”

[thus begins the first cave complex – Nesting Grounds]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 04:22:00 PM by Omega7 » Logged

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »

I'd apply for the concept artist/ digital artist position but I see no sense in this project. I didn't read the story background or the script because I don't even know what the project is, where's a short briefing? Is it an ordinary FPS game? Do you think that team made of random ppl can make a good realistic FPS game? Did you see Tiny and Big? Why not something like this? It'd be better for a such inexperienced team.
Just my thoughts.

You'd need a strong and at least in some ways original idea (maybe some tps view from top?, dunno)
But horror-shooter with fps view, hmm I don't think that that team could handle it.

Also the link dsn't work.

Kramlack
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:29:47 AM »

Basically what ANtY said, I doubt you'll get a lot of bites on this. You're not saying you have any skills aside from what's effectively, advertising the final game and team organization, both of which can be done within the team itself.

Also there's way too many positions open. I'm assuming you have no previous works to show or you'd have shown them already, so my advice (if you can call it that, it's more or less common sense) is to start small. If you're dead set on making an FPS, aim for a Doom type game that uses sprites instead of models, etc.
Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:18:17 PM »

Hey, sorry about the link. I fixed the forum there isn't much to see there yet, because its just me and that was made prior to team seeking, and I just started. I've decided that a full team is farrr to hard to find so for the demo I'm going to using the UDK myself, but I could use any help I could get.

I know it's a big project, and I've done some smaller ones. (2d, and software related)

I'm not looking for seasoned vets, that's a lot to ask for, but for the people like me interested on taking on something a little bigger, taking their time, doing it leisurely, but working at it, lol.

help I could use would be with tweaking some models I have, some digital in game imagery (to make the edges of the maps look like they go on, and stuff of that nature. Writers who might want to help me finish up the story, people interested in community building.

Basically just interested in making some friends, and working on a demo, community build, and hopefully one day when the demo is finished we can get a funding operation on the go through IndieGoGo, and start promoting like crazy, on top of the promotions that's already been done...

as far as a small team not being able to handle it the UDK is quite straight forward, and very well documented. For a demo/proto pretty well all the stuff in it can be used..

if enough funding comes a along the way to make the full game we can find a better developer, someone with a bit more skill, and buy better models, and stuff like that..

I know someone serious in the industry who already has a job, and is making enough money isn't going to go for this, but it's not here for them..

it's here for people like me, who want to be in the industry, and just go for it.

If that sounds like you! let me know, lol, and we'll start doin stuff weather it's art, writing, community building, formulating plans, what ever, lol.

oh yeah, I dunno if I mentioned but I added a video link to the first post.

Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 08:41:08 PM »

I don't mind refining the content a bit to make the demo more achievable for a small team. I think an important thing to focus on now would be to just finish the map. Get the terrain done, and textured, add simple things like rocks, and some plants, finish the sky dome, make the map look good, and maybe at that time we can attract some more skilled artists.

Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »

I'm thinking instead of doing full blown cg cinematic scenes, which is nearly impossible for a small team, would be to have cut scenes be voice acted comics.

Miguelito
Level 4

makes graphics

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 11:37:31 PM »

Comic cutscenes = Same amount of work per person, just less people. And they still need to be really good at what they do.

(← new art twitter)
MadWatch
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 01:19:25 AM »

I read the story, I didn't see anything original into it.

I believe you will have more luck in finding people to work with you if you tell them what's going to make your game unique and memorable. Why would people work so hard on your project if the result is going to be no more than a pale copy of what the industry already do (and will always do better than you) ?

Your concept doesn't have to be revolutionary, something like an attractive art style, a catchy story or a well though gameplay mechanic can do the trick.
Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 03:01:13 AM »

Agreed about the cut scenes. I've changed my mind about 3d development anyway. I'm more interested in 2d, and it's easier. I'm just looking for a team that wants to get together and make a cool game.

as far as originality in this day and age in gaming, there's hardly such a thing. That's relevant all the way from underground gaming, all the way up to mainstream industry. Plus it's just the opening level, lol. There's no room for originality yet, that comes from the rest of the story.

like I said I converted to 2d which brings the work load down quite a bit. I'm not going to be needing modelers, but spriters. I can do 2d quite well.

more information on a site I set up. Still smalls scale, but good detail.

http://omega7.weebly.com/ 

Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 03:06:53 AM »

As far as interesting mechanics, hmm..that could be up for debate. How about a leveling system, add some rpg elements....upgradable ship for top down space shooter levels...multiple ending depending on some actions in the game? planetary travel? If anyone's interested in doing it 2d we can probably just about do anything where I'm much better off in that field.

Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 06:02:35 AM »

I can explain what I see a little more. Sense it's been converted to a 2d game maybe more artists will be interested.

this is what I see.

I see wicked cool space ships, space fighting scenes. I see space travel, different races, a war. I see a alien race trying to conquer the galaxy. I see a human space military organization trying to bring it down. When they go to a main cybrin controlled planet they're about to compete a crucial mission, and a strange cloaked mage from another planet plane of existence comes into a futuristic sci fi setting with an army of orcs. I see them taking over that planet easily meaning the mage is strong. I see the mage using cybrin technology on the orcs...now there's two threats in the galaxy. The cybrins, and the mage. I see possibly even the cybrins contacting the humans and asking them for help, becuase even though they're powerful the mage is doing damage...what's the mages agenda? not sure yet, team can figure that out, lol.

I see planet to planet travel, top down shooter levels...imagine orcs flying cybrin ships haha...

I see a potentially wicked game.

if any 2d spriters would be interested in something like this let me know, lol

I can program this by the way, I'm just not to well with 3d but it's hard to get a team without having a skill to offer.

Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 05:32:08 PM »

Josh our 3d modeler has revived the idea of keeping the game 3d. We've down-scaled our ideas a lot to make it more achievable for a small team. You can see the progress that we're making with the first map here. It's starting to look really nice Smiley

http://omegadevelopment.myfreeforum.org/sutra234.php#234

we're still interested in finding people to help. We need some extra modelers interested in the project, and would love to have concept artists that could draw reference images for Josh to model from.

Pm or post here if anyone is interested.

Thanks again,
Jb.

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »

as far as originality in this day and age in gaming, there's hardly such a thing. That's relevant all the way
If you are for real then this topic will capture your attention:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23278.0

Space-Combat, real-time space to planet missions, procedural vast landscapes combined with designer-defined indoor-complex, all of that and much more is coherent to my Metroid-Rethought, but not necessarily all of it in the first version.

If you can do 2D sprites well you are my man. I am only in need for few tiles/sprites for my current side-project. That would be a good start. Let's see what you think.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:08:20 PM by J-Snake » Logged

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 04:24:28 PM »

Sounds interesting, but I don't do sprites. I'm a 2d games programmer, and have a 3d project underway with a dev team, and don't work outside the company I'm trying to build myself, lol...I like the idea though. If you haven't got a programmer and would like to take it to Omega Dev maybe we could work something out, lol...but this thread is for other things.

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »

I don't need a programmer. I see my strength in technology and game-design. But ideas can come from everywhere. Since you are inclined to some similarities you could perhaps post some of your ideas in the Metroid-Rethought-thread.  

The problem with me is that I have my own vision what direction I want to take and I am very strict when it comes to game-mechanics-design and its quality, frame-perfect-strict.
So I would suggest we can eventually collaborate on some issues from time to time and potentially help each other out. Merging into one team is potentially possible if you are a good guy and if your type of project is very similar regarding game-design and mechanics. I am flexible in regards of story and visual style as long as it seems appealing.

I could give you some advice when it comes to controls and game-mechanics or some other technical stuff. You are welcome to enrich my universe with potential ideas whenever you want, can never hurt.

What's your take on this?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:29:22 PM by J-Snake » Logged

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 12:15:40 PM »

hmm..I haven't played a metroid game in over 10 years (nes or snes can't remember which), lol.

I don't think a team merger would be compatible at the moment. We make original games for commercial purposes on our site (teams per project). We have a 3d production under way with a team of about 8-10 at the moment, and working on a 2d production with another member of this site.

I'm building a business, and you're building a game. It's a clone game, not a bad idea, but I don't really see much compatibility there.

Sharing ideas of course is never a bad thing:) I'll stop by the thread, and give it a read.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:20:52 PM by Omega7 » Logged

J-Snake
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 12:30:30 PM »

I'm building a business, and you're building a game. It's a clone game, not a bad idea, but
You are mistaken, it is an original commercial game called Stardust Genom, I am enriching that genre. The only fan-game I want to do is    Super Metroid Tournament - Advanced Combat    (SMTac).

Good luck. And make sure to read my thread. It is gold, possibly the best concept-thread you will ever find.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:40:18 PM by J-Snake » Logged

Omega7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »

oh, sorry, what I gathered from reading parts was that you were making a metroid clone, lol. Sorry about that.

I've got a lot on the plate now though, and not being a graphical person I can't see myself being much use to you on your project, lol.

I'll certainly read it though, and good luck with your work Smiley

VideoGameMusicStudios
Level 0

Songwriting and Production

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »

Looking for someone dedicated to do music and sfx? www.videogamemusicstudios.com

www.videogamemusicstudios.com video game music (songwriting and production)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic