Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:58:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Game Engine Podcast hits 20 episodes and plays Game Dev Bingo!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Game Engine Podcast hits 20 episodes and plays Game Dev Bingo!  (Read 661 times)
moonkid
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »

Hello there,

I'm Saul. I'm a games journalist (Gamasutra, PC Powerplay) and developer (no-one you've heard of yet, but feel free to ask).

I'm also one quarter of game development/design podcast The Game Engine (www.gameenginepodcast.com), which has just hit 20 episodes, and I'm trying to get the word out to peeps who might find the 'cast useful or interesting.

Episode 20 is, in my humble opinion, the best we've done yet. We threw on a little gamification by playing something we called "Game Dev Bingo". Basically, the seven of us that were on brought in a top five development tips and we took turns reading them out, with the other people crossing off similar ones.

The game was amusing, but the main point is that we covered a lot of ground quite quickly, and I think any developer will find some useful tips in there, even if it's just reinforcing stuff you already know deep down.

Anyway, none of us make any money from this. We do it for love, but we'd also love other devs to be listening and getting something from what we do! Give Ep 20 a go, and you just might find a new source of inspiration.

Find us on iTunes or at our website, www.gameenginepodcast.com

Cheers, and keep making awesome shit!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic