Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:59:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignThoughts about a sort of strategy game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts about a sort of strategy game  (Read 1843 times)
increpare
« on: July 25, 2008, 12:52:51 AM »

I've been reading a couple of books about historical theory recently, and I woke up early this morning thinking that it might be fruitful to try and construct a game using some of these ideas.

So basically, the game would be very multiplayer, and essentially a management game.  But the things that various people would be managing might belong to very narrative categories.  One person, for instance, might be an individual pushing for political power, while another might represent an entire social class, and another still might represent the interests of the colour blue.  Anyway, my basic idea is that, while at various different strata you might have competition, this would encourage the cooperation of people at different strata (so you could have a politician associated with a particular colour).

(Hmm...it doesn't seem quite as interesting now that I've said it out loud...and seems a lot more complicated...it might end up looking like a business sim, but I think it's worth a think through anyway )
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic