Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:50:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNinja Sequence
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ninja Sequence  (Read 1072 times)
davidarcila
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »

UPDATE Playable alpha (First 5 levels) available here. Have in mind that this alpha doesn’t have background details, music, sound effects, etc. But we are currently implementing them.

Overview
Ninja Sequence is a 2D Puzzle Platformer where you have to predefine the direction in which the ninja will move in order to avoid obstacles, collect the dragon rings and complete each level.

Screenshots
Main Menu (WIP)

Level Select

Day Background

Night Background

Level 5

Level 17

Level 20

Level complete Window

I will post a playable beta soon ^_^
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:38:19 AM by davidarcila » Logged
Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 06:24:23 PM »

Are you doing the art and code? Are you making it in Flash?

What's the gameplay like? Looks like a running and jumping game similar to N.

stef1a
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 06:42:20 PM »

Wow. The graphics are kick-ass! Looks great! Smiley
davidarcila
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »

Thank you very much for your comments. I'm behind the game design and the graphics, the programming is made by UG

I forgot to say one thing, the hearts in the screenshots are just a placeholder for the Dragon Rings ->
There are 3 of this rings per level and you get rated based on how much rings you picked in a single sequence of actions.

Regarding the visual style I wanted to have a game that worked on a 16x16 grid. Basically the game combines a platformer with the notion of a timeline like the ones you have in video/audio editors, i know it sounds weird, but this is the result Smiley

Regarding the game mechanics, well, I don't know if it's a problem or not, but the game relies heavily on trial and error if you just want to complete the levels, but if you want to get the 3 rings, there are some levels where you have to come up with your own path. Still, i find it very amusing and even addicting to come up with the correct sequence of actions ^ _ ^

The programmer is working very hard to have a playable beta of the game very soon for you guys to play.
davidarcila
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 05:38:54 AM »

UPDATE Playable alpha (First 5 levels) available here. Have in mind that this alpha doesn’t have background details, music, sound effects, etc. But we are currently implementing them.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic