Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 11:17:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallRain, Sand, Stars
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rain, Sand, Stars  (Read 988 times)
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:53:54 AM »

We are proud to present our third title: Rain, Sand, Stars. And TIGSource has something to do with it!

Back when the Video Name Generator Competition http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=1214.0 took part, I was learning Python and Pygame/Pyglet. I tried to participate and ended up getting the name 'Galactic Banjo Underground'. So I hacked up a prototype about a guy (just a square) who had to reforest some planetoids (just some circles) invoking raing by... playing the Banjo (it wasn't even there, but you get the idea).

Playing the Banjo created clouds, then it rained and finally some trees sprouted. Those planetoids were inhabited by bull-like creatures that you had to avoid by jumping and outrunning them, so that part was played like a bull-fight... without the violence involving killing the bull.

I never finished that game, but the prototype was playable and fun. So when years later we were asked to create a sample videogame for some talks about Unity3 we choosed Galactic Banjo Underground due to its relative simplicity. Or at least the original idea, because the banjo thing... Well, once we finished those talks we decided to finish the game properly, and here we are once again, back to TIGSource to show you...

Enjoy the launch trailer here:

And if you like it, get the game here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rain-sand-stars/id486071095?l=en&mt=8
iOS only, sorry. But we are considering a PC/Mac version soon.

You may redeem these promo codes! LKJN4Y3YREN3  HP34MNEHW3LK   4APJFXWW9WXT

And this is the introduction and some screenshots:

Not so long ago, our galaxy was a lush and beautiful place where all kind of creatures lived in harmony. But it all changed when a terrible sandstorm, raised my misterious powers, dried all vegetal life out turning every planet into a barren land.

All hope seemed lost. The maddening drought could last forever! Fortunately, there was still a chance...

Tsuyu! A peaceful creature who had the ability to summon rain and thus bring trees back to life. Knowing that he was the only one who could stop this terrible situation, Tsuyu embarked upon a quest to reforest the whole galaxy, one planet at a time!

☆ Follow Tsuyu in a first journey that will take him across the Yakeraan planetoid system.

☆ Travel around 16 planetoids inhabited by Yaks, bull-like creatures that were once calm and nice.

☆ Tsuyu won't harm any creature: his only goal consists on making it rain, and Yaks can't be blamed for the drought. Moreover, Tsuyu is good-natured, nonviolent and well... quite small.

That's it! A game that may fall on the short side, lasting about one or two hours. But we hope you will like it nevertheless. And who knows, Tsuyu may end up traveling to other planetoid systems and meeting new creatures...

We would love to hear your opinion!

ChevyRay
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 09:28:22 AM »

Thanks for submitting the Gamestorm for this. It looks really neat!
LuisAnton
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »

You mean this http://gamestorm.tumblr.com/post/14127290012/early-sketches-for-rain-sand-stars-a-game? Thanks to you! Gamestorm is a great Tumblr. I watch it religiously, and our own Tumblr account follows it : )

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic