Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 06:00:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creativevimeo game developer group
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: vimeo game developer group  (Read 7540 times)
nihilocrat
Level 10

Full of stars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 06:55:19 PM »

Camstudio doesn't detect my audio device, so I can't record audio with it. Sort of kills the deal.

I've never recorded my games in the past, but I want to start doing it because I think it's more interesting to see them in play than in screenshots, and it's easier to just record a play segment than to try and time screenshots perfectly so you see whatever flashy effects or whatever I want to show off.

Tennis
Pixelhead
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 05:52:46 AM »

nihilocrat:
had the same problem, if you are on vista and get a "waveout error", this might help:
http://camstudio.org/blog/possible-workaround-for-waveout-error-on-vista
havent tried it myself though.

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 10:36:55 AM »

In it to win it.  Noir

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »

Oh, I'm using viddler. They don't hate on video game videos.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
Ivan
Owl Country
Level 10

alright, let's see what we can see

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 12:51:10 PM »

I have yet still to find a decent video capture app for OSX

http://polycode.org/ - Free, cross-platform, open-source engine.
Pigbuster
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2009, 07:50:21 PM »

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

It ain't cheap, though.
aschearer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 10:59:00 PM »

Joined the group, it's too bad that Vimeo has such a draconian policy in place. Unfortunately, Youtube isn't much better. While I don't know of anything similar to the policy outlined above I do know that a rightsholder can issue a take down notice and have your video removed regardless of whether you actually infringe on his copyright. What this means is a game critique/review of, say, Metal Gear 4 is just as likely a candidate for take down on Youtube as on Vimeo. Hopefully businesses will come to their senses and stop treating customers like crap soon.

My site: Spotted Zebra
aeiowu
Level 10

Greg Wohlwend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 11:09:42 PM »

I have yet still to find a decent video capture app for OSX

Definitely use Snapz Pro X. It's hands-down the best because it essentially renders the video AFTER you're done working on it, ensuring a higher frame-rate during whatever you're doing as well as better quality videos. Also has a simple check-box to record outgoing audio. If you have something you want capped right away there's a 30 day full-feature trial anyway...

Joined the group, it's too bad that Vimeo has such a draconian policy in place. Unfortunately, Youtube isn't much better. While I don't know of anything similar to the policy outlined above I do know that a rightsholder can issue a take down notice and have your video removed regardless of whether you actually infringe on his copyright. What this means is a game critique/review of, say, Metal Gear 4 is just as likely a candidate for take down on Youtube as on Vimeo. Hopefully businesses will come to their senses and stop treating customers like crap soon.

But on YouTube that's up to the right's holders. They'll be douch-bags no matter what unsanctioned service their video is on. Vimeo just takes down an entire swathe of videos based on their content. They took down 2DBoy's and Wolfire's videos without so much as a warning AFAIK.

Powergloved Andy
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 07:54:52 AM »

I joined, I have a couple of prototype vids up where I showed people what I was doing.  Shrug
PixelHorror
Level 0

Hey look a Blue Zombie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 07:17:06 AM »

Video game developers may post videos of their work provided they cite their involvement in the description of the video (maps and mods to commercial games don't count).

So don't worry Smiley
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2009, 07:25:22 AM »

There's still another concern. Vimeo says it's not for commercial use (YouTube has no such stipulation). So if you use Vimeo for a trailer of your commercial game, even if it's an indie game, it'd still be breaking the ToS.

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2009, 12:35:53 AM »

I won't be sorry to see Vimeo used less. More than half the time it starves outgoing streams of bandwidth, meaning that I have to pause the video on startup and wait for a decent buffer to accumulate before starting it. How hard can it be to get the sums right?  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic