Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 03:11:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Main Characters
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Main Characters  (Read 288602 times)
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »

game maker7 is what i thought...you should get somebody to work on tilesets to make the graphics look a bit nicer in the game...or hasn't anyone started on helping with that kind of BG graphics....

DO THE R.O.B!
Yigguth
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »

game maker7 is what i thought...you should get somebody to work on tilesets to make the graphics look a bit nicer in the game...or hasn't anyone started on helping with that kind of BG graphics....
YEAH LETS DROP EVERYTHING AND WORK ON THE BACKGROUND ART WHILE WE DON'T HAVE ANY CHARACTERS COMPLETELY FINISHED Grin
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 06:59:03 PM by Yigguth » Logged
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 06:53:25 PM »

We haven't started work on stages yet. We want to finish a character or two first.

As far as character submissions go, there's no rule against submitting one of your own characters. But it should be from a finished game, and be recognizable by the indie community. We've already got a pretty good list of characters to work with, however, so any additional submissions will probably go to the bottom of the to-do list.

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »

No need to get snarky, Yigguth! I mean, come on, we're working on different characters then the one we were told will be done first, our priorities ain't exactly in order.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »

why don't make extra downloads when its finished wich contain more stages and characters....it would be a bit of work but hey......also im alright on game maker if theres anything i can help with....

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 07:13:53 PM by Mr.moo » Logged

DO THE R.O.B!
medieval
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2008, 07:15:08 PM »

why don't make extra downloads when its finished wich contain more stages and characters....it would be a bit of work but hey......also im alright on game maker if theres anything i can help with....
Dude. Obviously you don't know much about the steps of creating games or even game design in general.

It's still at an early phase and right now we are not to worry about stages and tiles.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2008, 07:18:09 PM »

Dude. Obviously you don't know much about the steps of creating games or even game design in general.
I don't see how that's a bad idea.

Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »

no i don't no much..but then agin im only 13 so go figure...but atleast i damm well try and have a go at it...sorry if that seemed agro or knarky...

DO THE R.O.B!
godsavant
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2008, 07:24:56 PM »

...knarky...

What?
Yigguth
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »

"narky    

adjective-- British term -- easily annoyed; overly sensitive; quick to fly off the handle"
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 07:28:59 PM »

agin im 13 so please...

DO THE R.O.B!
godsavant
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »

Just playin', man. Wink Welcome to the team.
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »

of course...im confused WTF

DO THE R.O.B!
medieval
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »

Age tells nut'n. But welcome Beer!
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 07:40:12 PM »

It took twelve posts to be welcomed...it usually takes 15.....boo-ya...

DO THE R.O.B!
Corpus
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2008, 02:56:17 AM »

You were always welcome in my heart, Mr. Moo.

I even made an allusion to dairy products a few posts ago. If that isn't love, what is?

I don't see the problem with starting to work on environments, personally. I mean, it kinda... makes sense. It's a Thing to Do.
medieval
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2008, 03:38:14 AM »

I think we should first fully finish at least two or three characters before starting on stages.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2008, 05:32:28 AM »

I agree, but I think we should make up several test stages of different types, sans art, as soon as possible. It will help a lot with balancing when we can see how different characters perform in different environments. Try it out with large stages, small stages, cover from projectiles, a pure flat 'Final Destination' stage, and a stage where you can't fall off the edge. Hell, maybe I could even do that myself. I may not be much of an artist or a programmer but I bet I can click and drag blocks with the best of you  :D

Zaratustra
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 03:50:38 AM »

LEMEZA - The star of La-Mulana brings great whipping action and many close-range and long-range weapons.

THE KID - He wants to be the guy! He attacks with his peashooter of a gun, apples, and spikes from the ground. However, he must be careful not to get hurt by his own attacks.

TIM - Does this count as indie anymore? Anyway, slow motion or something.

BEETHRO - Hell of sword slashing, invisibility and cloning.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:04:57 AM by Zaratustra » Logged

Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »

I know, i should work on other things, but it was really fun to do.

Promise that new stuff will be either Naija or Quote related
Trilby is ready to brawl! Beer!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 64
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic