Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:59:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Main Characters
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 64
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Main Characters  (Read 288640 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 06:45:12 PM »

Love the hat.  Smiley

Yigguth
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »

I love it! I was really looking forward to seeing Trilby, and I was not let down Smiley
Danrul
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 12:42:14 AM »

Guys, there is no way we make can make an indie brawler without a little someone I like to call... Mr. Monocle.  Could also be Monocle bot.  Anyway, the point stands we need a personified Tigsauce fighter.  Also, Trilby needs a face mask IMO, just because its in with the whole, cat burglar, thing.

Is Xoda in there? 
Corpus
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 01:52:59 AM »

Nah, true cat burglars are smooth gentleman types who don't need no poxy face mask. Trilby is awesome Kiss

The only problem I can find with the sprite is that the angle of the handle of his umbrella (I think that's what it is) doesn't seem to fit the angle of the umbrella itself, as seen under his arm.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2008, 04:32:39 AM »

Hm, that Trilby sprite doesn't really jive with me, sorry. If you look at this picture below here, he looks much more... I don't know, sly but gentlemanish? I can't really put my finger on it, perhaps the sprite is too cartoonish for my taste.

Quote is pure awesome though Kiss
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »

I agree with muku. Perhaps if he weren't holding the umbrella so, but holding it before him, tip on the ground, hands resting on top? And the purple makes him look like a pimp. Didn't he wear gray?

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2008, 05:38:06 PM »

Hm, that Trilby sprite doesn't really jive with me, sorry. If you look at this picture below here, he looks much more... I don't know, sly but gentlemanish? I can't really put my finger on it, perhaps the sprite is too cartoonish for my taste.
You're totally right, but this is an interpretation of the character, not the exact character the way it was designed (same as quote, najia and dwarf).
But I concede that the pose could be a little more manly (and the umbrella shouldn't be PINK)

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »

It takes a real man to wear pink  Gentleman

Like i said before, anyone feel free to make something better,edit, touch, whatever  Beer!

I´ve always envisioned Trilby like in Golgo 13, or Spike in Cowboy Bebop..like really laid back and cool, but deadly when needed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 05:47:29 PM by Oracle » Logged
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2008, 12:32:10 AM »

Guys, there is no way we make can make an indie brawler without a little someone I like to call... Mr. Monocle.  Could also be Monocle bot.  Anyway, the point stands we need a personified Tigsauce fighter.  Also, Trilby needs a face mask IMO, just because its in with the whole, cat burglar, thing.

Is Xoda in there? 

A panda with a monocle and a tophat.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2008, 12:40:49 AM »

A robot panda with monocle and tophat.
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2008, 02:44:32 AM »

I think a monocled tophat character would be some sort of boss character, because obviously they would be god tier.
medieval
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2008, 03:26:16 AM »

But also the final unlockable character
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 10:58:49 PM »

i call dibs on this project....... Tongue

DO THE R.O.B!
Xenophobe
Level 0

wat fk

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2008, 09:08:05 PM »

Charles Barkley from Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden should be included!
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2008, 10:14:44 PM »

The OWL from OWL COUNTRY.

Cool

medieval
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2008, 02:21:22 AM »

The OWL from OWL COUNTRY.

Cool
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2008, 06:25:34 AM »

I'll gladly donate a character from the Telepath RPG series! Smiley

It would be interesting to play as a shadowling, I would bet. They float, so they would be unaffected by low attacks that move along the ground (like sweeps and mines). I'll nominate Darkling from Telepath RPG Chapter 2. Like all shadowlings, Darkling pretty much exclusively uses Psy attacks. He can shadowport (read: teleport) and he moves very quickly, though he should also have high inertia, making him challenging to control. At close range, he attacks with Mind Blast, a medium-speed beam attack that fades after traveling a few character lengths away. At longer ranges, he can charge up a Shadow Blast attack (a slow-moving but powerful negative energy projectile). If he grabs a character (there are going to be grabs in this game, yes?) he can use Feedback, which sucks damage out of him and feeds it to the enemy.

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2008, 08:58:03 AM »

The armadillo from Armadillo Run, because armadillos are awesome!
Not sure how to implement the character, but it can turn itself in to a ball and roll around a lot.

A Clonk from Clonk. Clonks are very durable little humanoids with a seemingly unlimited supply of inventiveness and a real knack for digging, building and throwing things (preferably balls of flint) on each other.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2008, 09:21:21 AM »

'Nuff said.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best