Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:04:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSweezy Gunner
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Author Topic: Sweezy Gunner  (Read 40407 times)
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2013, 07:03:48 AM »

That's a super detailed boss. Nice artwork.

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2013, 08:59:41 AM »

OH wow. It has been a long time since I saw this. This is looking really, really great man. Still looking for testers by chance?

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »

That's a super detailed boss. Nice artwork.

Thanks mate, means alot to me! i thought id better go BIG for the last boss!

OH wow. It has been a long time since I saw this. This is looking really, really great man. Still looking for testers by chance?

And thanks dude! yeah im still open for testers. what would be good is in about 2 weeks it should be fully finished and i need some people to run through and hit the 100% for me! its no easy task but very possible. would you be interested?

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2013, 06:05:06 PM »

It does sound good. Nothing like a challenge to get you motivated!

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2013, 06:27:59 AM »

A new idea i have just put in. the album screen. here you can buy lots about the lore, legend and making of sweezy gunner (in ingame currency of course) also i added a little system where you can buy and listen to the tracks from the game.

You can access this screen inside the game if you go back to the start and into the landing pod which brought you onto the planet at the start of the game!

Im thinking of making these purchases count toward the 100% complete stat. do you think this is a good idea or not?

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: July 03, 2013, 06:34:10 AM »

It is a neat idea. I just wouldn't want to have to go grinding after I've already beaten the game, just to unlock these though. But it would give you at least a second thought when deciding what to do with your moneys while working through the game.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: July 03, 2013, 06:35:05 AM »

This is looking pretty much fantastic. There's so much detail on that pig boss.

I do rather like the idea of the album screen but like achild, I'm not likely to go back and grind for the cash to buy them all.

If you need any extra testers, since you're using MMF2, I'm on a Mac and can try it out in Wine.

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 03, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »

Thanks for the feedback guys. To be honest when i have been playing it through i have found that i have too much money and not enough things to buy. This gives the player somewhere to spend the cash and also some interesting stuff (i hope) These are entirely optional to buy but the big 100% complete thing requires them now but i dont see it being a huge grind, especially if you are good at the game you can make a ton of money fast in the later dungeons if you can keep your multiplier up!

For example 1 track in the album screen costs 30000gp (for the most expensive). a typical monster in the last dungeon drops around 100 - 200gp, if you have a 5x multiplier and 3 cash upgrades (adding 3 to the value of each coin) that would make that single kill worth around 700 - 800GP and in the last dungeons there are around 80 monsters per screen and with a maxed ship you can clear it in under a minute. Thats a total of around 45,000 to 65,000 in under a minute. Thats if you got the skills that is!!!

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: July 03, 2013, 08:02:47 AM »

Sounds like you probably have just the right balance then  Smiley

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 09, 2013, 04:19:27 AM »

After 2 years of development it is with great pride that i can say that this game is FINISHED!!!!

It is now in the final stages of testing and other than fixing what ever is found by the testers it is done! When testing is over ill be putting the 100% icon on and i cannot wait for that!

I have loved every single minute of making this game and i would do it all again! Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and kind words!

Im going to chuck it on steam very soon so when the day comes please upvote with all your might and i will love you for eternity!

Thanks again guys/girls its been a real pleasure!

Scott
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »

Haha. Congrats man. This is a huge accomplishment Smiley

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: July 12, 2013, 02:49:53 AM »

Congratulations nice job on finishing such a long project and all the best with its release  Smiley

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »

Thanks guys. Anyone who is interested it will be released within the next month, Just waiting on a few testers to come back and its done!

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: July 16, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »

This looks pretty great, that first boss video is intense.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 23, 2013, 04:06:06 PM »

Update...

Since i thought i was finished i have decided to throw in a survival mode (unlocked when you complete the game)

It is just a single screen however it gets more and more intense as time goes by. There is a "Phase shift" bar at the bottom of the screen, when you kill enough monsters you sort of level up and the terrain changes to a new zone and new monsters are thrown in the mix. Also when you level up a power up roulette appears and gives you a specific stat boost.

Its great fun in my opinion and should give the player alot more bang for their buck!

Also im gonna try and have an online score board for the top 10 scores.

Stay tuned for a vid or something soon.

Thanks again guys for all the kind comments  Beer!

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 31, 2013, 01:04:25 AM »

After 2 and a half years Sweezy Gunner is finished! It is now available to buy at www.windybeard.com

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »

It is with great pleasure and pride that i can announce that Sweezy Gunner is now available to buy on Desura!

Buy on Desura!

Thanks again to everyone with the ongoing support. And just as a little teaser i will be revealing my new project very soon! watch this space!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic