Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:08:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[LD22] Split Party!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [LD22] Split Party!  (Read 941 times)
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2011, 05:50:43 AM »

I entered my first Ludum Dare at the weekend. I wasn't too confident of getting much out of it beforehand, but I found myself getting motivated and I did a more complete game than I expected.

It's a short puzzle game where you separate the colours, rather than the traditional matching them up.

The download link and more info is here (Windows only):
http://ishisoft.com/archives/625

Interested in what people think of it!

odraencoded
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 06:12:50 AM »

Its amazing! Even though its a little short, the concept is very interesting. The whole cursor animation and moving is just perfect. I like how separated blocks frown, how icons are colorful, how levels are increasingly more difficult.

I would love to see a more lengthy version of this game, after LD ends.
Pontifex
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 01:45:13 PM »

I loved it as well, although I felt a little bad when I saw those sad little blocks.  I'd definitely like to see more levels, some sort of scoring (maybe a par move system), and a way to skip a level in case I get stuck for a bit.

I rated you on LD as well.  Great job!

---
Motive Force @ Studio Cypher
www.studiocypher.com
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »

Thanks!

You can actually play the levels in any order, by clicking Quit to get to the level select.

After revisiting the game today, I think the cursor snapping (it's slightly biased towards the closest rotateable group of blocks) can be a little confusing when you rotate something, don't move the mouse, and the cursor moves. Also the audio was really rushed and I think that shows.

Great to hear you both enjoyed it though. I would like to do a slightly extended version, though I'll probably need to add some stuff to come up with new puzzles. Not sure yet. Maybe.. soft furry surfaces where the blocks don't get lonely if they're touching it. That could add enough scope for more puzzles, as the main problem with them is limiting the number of solutions the puzzle has in order to make it challenging.

Blodyavenger
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »

Hands down man..erm, up  Beer!

That's one hell of a game for Ludum Dare competition

- Cute
- Addictive
- Challanging
- Has nice music and sfx

I don't know how did you manage to get all this together in 48 hours but it's a boom. I suggest you keep working on it, more maps, map editor and stuff like that. Bravo!

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »

Really enjoyed this game. Fun little puzzle game, and a really interesting take on the "Alone" theme. Nice job!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic