Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 03:47:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[LD 22] Uncorrupted
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [LD 22] Uncorrupted  (Read 1002 times)
BlackBulletIV
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2011, 02:49:05 PM »

Ludum Dare Entry
Play
Time-lapse

And here's my Ludum Dare 22 game, Uncorrupted, a 2D platformer/shooter. You can find more information at the links above.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:26:08 PM by BlackBulletIV » Logged

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:32:09 AM »

The game is pretty cool, the platforming felt tight, I liked how I often shot into the darkness when hearing a robot, because often when they came into sight it was too late. But maybe it would be better if their glowing eyes were visible from a slightly larger distance than the light radius?

On the downsides, most of the sounds were out of sync, particularly the jumping sound. The levels felt kinda boring, maybe adding lifts or ladders and having more than one route would help with that.

BlackBulletIV
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »

Thanks for your feedback. All the stuff you mentioned are good ideas, but I didn't have the time to implement them unfortunately.

There is no jumping sound, only a landing sound; with that in mind, are there any sounds still out of sync? As for "having more than one route", there was one area where that was so, area 5 I think (if not, it's probably area 4), but maybe I didn't make it easy enough to see. But yeah, I think I focused more on filling the area with content to read rather than level design.

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:18:54 AM »

The sound isn't in sync neither with jumping nor with landing.

BlackBulletIV
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 10:59:33 PM »

Oh, well that's not good. Unfortunately I can't really do anything about it since I definitely can't replicate it. What's your platform?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic