Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:34:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTea Time 2 (iOS) [Canceled]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Tea Time 2 (iOS) [Canceled]  (Read 2360 times)
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »

(Play the original here:http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/arcade/tea-time/2029/)
Release Date: End of December, Early January

So I decided to bring one of my first games to the iOS. Tea Time was a one-screen game where you were a gentleman trying to blow up asteroids with your top hat. This is going to solve the original's problems (the graphics were kinda meh and inconsistent, the sudden box after you die is kinda stupid) and I'll add a few new stuff.

I'll try to update this everyday. The graphic style is currently like the one on the icon, but I might change that.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:39:47 AM by Manuel Magalhães » Logged

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:13:48 AM »

DAY 1:
So the core game is almost done, although I'll want to add more stuff than just have the original game with updated graphics. I just need to implement the "Tea Time" mechanic (triple-shot) and do balances.
Oh, and he's on the Moon. I'll make various scenarios for him, suggestions?
As for the graphics style: I'm not very pleased with this one, since I don't think that the pixel-art/vector combination works very well.
So I'll perhaps one of the do it like an "80s vector display" ala Pix'N love rush, one color or multi-color.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 07:32:37 AM »

DAY 2:
This is a mockup, not the actual game. It would be neat if I could had various graphics modes (even STEREOSCOPIC 3D) and try to make the image looks "rounded" or something, and some fuzziness on the neon. It would be also neat if I could make the asteroid leave "burn out" traces like on the image, and I've an idea how to create those on Flash, but I don't have a clue on iOS.  Shrug

Edit: Another art style that I like is with neon but not filled with color on the most important traces.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:01:19 AM by Manuel Magalhães » Logged

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 07:29:15 AM »

DAY 3:
I haven't done much today yet, but I did a logotype for it.

Edit: So I did another alteration to it. The trail details inside the glow would look a bit ugly on a retina display device.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:04:51 AM by Manuel Magalhães » Logged

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »

DAY 4:
Didn't much since it's Christmas Eve, but did some new material.

(maybe not final)

Also I'll do a topic about this in specific in an other sub-forum, but I might as well ask here: I currently need for the game about three tracks (menu, game, game over) in chiptune. It's an unpaid job for a future commercial game, is anyone interested? If so PM me. Smiley

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 09:36:04 AM »

DAY 5:

The core game is done! Now it's polish and polish, and I might add more hazards and power-ups into it.
I've thinking about this today and I don't know how I'm going to sell the game. I'm still thinking about one of two options:

-Freemium. I'll not add something like "more 500 points" per target or whatever (should I?), but I'll add something like new skins and maybe new modes.

-The old "0.99$" method. The problem is that I might not have as many sales that way, and as much I like doing games because it's fun I'm paying 99$ per year for Apple, so I would like at least to have that money back.

What do you think, guys?

Edit: By the way, I've created a thread in "Unpaid Work" about the game's music. http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23484.0
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 10:30:57 AM by Manuel Magalhães » Logged

JasonPickering
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 07:24:09 PM »

it looks good. I would get a better font for the score and your bottom hud seems way to small. there are huge amounts of waed space around those buttons. i would expand them to fill the hud.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 07:16:58 PM »

Thanks, Jason. I'll choose another font then. I also did the buttons bigger for the HUD.
---
Sorry for the lack of updates, as I've been busy these days and with school I don't think that's going change, so I'll not do daily updates anymore. The basic game is done, but I want to conceptualize more about want I can do it. It's not cancelled of course, far from it. Got the tracks for it (made by tesselode) and they are pretty great, and I've some new cool ideas sparkling. I just need time, that's all.

eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 06:25:50 AM »

For kicks, try to make the main character glow fade in and out.
I'd like to see if that would work.

What about changing the main character's color when at different health states?

Eh?
Eh?
Eeehhhhh?!?!

Yeah.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 01:21:23 PM »

Great ideas, I could incorporate both. (the character could fade faster if it has less energy, it could go from green to red)
---
I'll slowdown development a bit due to school beginning tomorrow, but I'm currently testing some nice concepts into it. Nothing final, but where's what I'm testing:

; )

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic