Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:15:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAethereal Legend (working title)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Aethereal Legend (working title)  (Read 727 times)
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: December 20, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »

I've been working on this for some time now, may as well start a devlog to help keep myself motivated.

Aethereal Legend (this is a working title, i haven't decided on a final name yet, but I have to call it SOMETHING) is a story-based tactical role-playing game/adventure game set in a semi-futurastic-yet-feudal environment.

The game itself is built on the latest version of my personal engine (which itself doesnt really have a name, but the codebase and features list grows with every project I make), and consists of two major parts, battles and exploration (mostly in towns, but exploration is used to allow the player to uncover as much...or as little of the backstory as they want, and has the ability to change the course of the story.)

I'm afraid there's not much in the way of artwork to show off yet, I'm close to having a demo level fully up and running and at that point i'll start actually making the real art to get a workign demo out, so for now here's just a quick engine shot with my test tiles and the new tmx loader i wrote (thowing away my own crappy level format in favor of tmx so I can use tiled to draw out the stages). Theres no real way to tell from this screenshot since all the artwork is just squares, but I use a modified version of Tiled that supports layer elevations (multi-story structures are possible) and my scenegraph automaticly z-orders sprites added to the level.

(also...yeah...i really need to make a new console font, freesans looks like crap but it's just not important enough to me yet to change until I'm ready to release a demo)

Project on hold until I have the money/time to do a larger project, for now I'll be working mostly on engine dev and android games.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:01:18 PM by Raptor85 » Logged

-Fuzzy Spider
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic