Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411508 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 08:57:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSwarm Descent (Arena Space Shooter) - B16 (Windows only)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Swarm Descent (Arena Space Shooter) - B16 (Windows only)  (Read 1125 times)
CrazyMLC
Level 0

Indie Dev Gringo

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2011, 05:00:52 PM »

SWARM DESCENT

Swarm Descent is a fast paced arena space shooter.
The game itself is only 4 MB to download, and there's no installation. Once you start the exe it throws you straight into the game.
Easy.

IT'S A DEVLOG!
Direct download for newest version.

There's only a slight explaination of the controls/mechanics in the game, so here's some more detail for those who want it:
  • Your ship has an energy level, which is critical to the game.
    • You lose energy for getting shot.
    • You gain energy for killing enemies.
    • Energy is lost over time.
    • If your energy reaches zero, you lose.
  • WASD or Arrow keys move your ship around.
  • Left-Clicking fires, hold it down for automatic fire.
    • Each shot consumes energy.
  • Pressing space activates Overdrive.
    • This increases your rate of fire and speed, as well as making you invincible to enemy fire.
    • Being in Overdrive consumes energy almsot ten times as fast as normal.

I'm working on it all by my lonesome in Multimedia Fusion 2, having made everything but the music, which I got off of my copy of FL Studio. (I couldn't make good music to save my life, and this just, well, fit.)

Though I'm making this for myself, and I have a view of what I want the game to be, I'm still looking for ideas to get me to where I want to go.
That's why I live off of feedback.

If you want specifics, I could really use some general opinions on the gameplay, and some bug/performance reports.

NOTE: I am making this in MMF2, so any changes anyone might suggest will be pretty damn easy to implement - so don't be shy. For example, if someone suggested adding a cost to entering Overdrive so that you couldn't tap it to block shots, I could do that in about five seconds so we could try it out. I'm not afraid to try new things, and I'm completely open to suggestions.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:27:21 PM by CrazyMLC » Logged
CrazyMLC
Level 0

Indie Dev Gringo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »

Just a little update on my progress, currently working on finals, but I do have a new build poking around...

(What's that? An art update? A new enemy perhaps?...)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 07:26:25 PM by CrazyMLC » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic