Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 04:51:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSkullboy ( Complete re-haul! -=Feb 18/09=- )
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: Skullboy ( Complete re-haul! -=Feb 18/09=- )  (Read 85173 times)
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

They'r gonna have to glue you back together...

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2008, 01:00:53 PM »

I did some VFX

Random smoke, usefull for many things

PEW PEW

And here is an example of how it might look Smiley

CHEERS !  Beer!

...IN HELL!!
ChevyRay
« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »

Whoa. Sweet effects. you're hired Cool

Lost photoshop :`(

So what are you using now? Some free stuff like GIMP or whatever? It's a pretty good program to use while you're waiting for your next photoshop to arrive Tongue but is no replacement.

I see what you mean, Greg-Anims, and actually you're not the first to comment on such. If it feels too slow in-game, I'll have the "punch" increased a bit.

I'd love to see those models, MKG! That sounds awesome.

Helltrikky/Hideous, the biggest issue with Skullboy is keeping the graphics to good pixel standards. As it is, my own are just barely crossing the line of how good I want the game to look, and the tiles aren't even that. If you can, or can hook me up with somebody who can, help out with the graphics load of the game, I can hook 'em up with anything they need to know.

BTW that's a cool pixel there, Hell. Can you animate stuff like that? Undecided EDIT: nice effects! I especially like your little cloud, there.

Otherwise, you guys'll have to wait awhile before Skullboy, because I can only work on it in bursts. Also, just finishing up on a 4/5-year project with a few friends over at the Apolyton Civ boards. It's a TBS game called The Courts of Candle'Bre, and it looks like this. And the network multiplayer engine is pretty exhausting to set up.

Anyhow, will get another big burst of work done on Skullboy here Smiley just you wait. Anybody wanting to help out with animations and tiles, go ahead. If you need suggestions, just send a PM/email my way.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2008, 01:55:28 PM »

Whoa. Sweet effects. you're hired Cool[...]
Oh boy :,D thanks
[...]
BTW that's a cool pixel there, Hell. Can you animate stuff like that? Undecided

I guess I could give it a shot, if you want any especific movemente (attack or stuff like that) you can send me a little sketch of what you want

EDIT: nice effects! I especially like your little cloud, there.
Thanks again Grin

...IN HELL!!
Knightmare
Level 1

Brittany Cloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2008, 05:30:43 PM »

Lost photoshop :`(

So what are you using now? Some free stuff like GIMP or whatever? It's a pretty good program to use while you're waiting for your next photoshop to arrive Tongue but is no replacement.

Right now?  Well I was using a Photoshop CS3 trial...now I've been using Paint, Oekaki, and Tegaki.   Tongue  Also I tried out Paint.NET today, and none of them are even close to the godliness that is Photoshop.  I will get Photoshop again soon enough.   Beer!

ChevyRay
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2008, 06:33:43 PM »

Yeah, GIMP is a lot closer than any of those. I think it stands for Gnu Image Manipulation Processor. It can handle Paint Shop and Photoshop files, and you can also download skins to make its (pretty unorthodox) GUI look and feel more like photoshop.

But yeah, Adobe pretty much always takes the cake. ... That is until Google releases their super image manipulation program (you can bet they will). And I'm not talking about that dumb photo album crap either.

On topic, battlerager's latest music samples have blown me away. The graveyard tune is awesome, and hearing this stuff really gives me a strong image of the game in my mind's eye :D which means you can expect a pixelrampage any day here...
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »

There's this thing called gimpshop.
It's a mod on gimp.

Supposedly it's supposed to be very familiar for photoshop users.

Never tried it though.
ChevyRay
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »

Yeah, I think that's the one I was thinking of.
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2008, 06:41:48 AM »

Grin

...IN HELL!!
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2008, 06:56:13 AM »

Sweet animation there Helltrikky!  This is really exciting, with more people this thing will get done much faster.  Can't wait for more updates guys and gals.

ChevyRay
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2008, 07:02:28 AM »

Wow. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with that animation!

I just went through it and fixed a couple things, like a bit of fuzz (looks like it was caused by some rotation or something like that?) and near the end of the animation his legs goof up a bit. But that arm movement is slick stuff, you clearly are better at this than me.

I'll just throw a bit of movement into his head and hat to top it off Smiley

You'll be getting a PM from me shortly Grin
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2008, 07:07:19 AM »

FUN FACT:

It's my first pixel animation Grin , I'm used to vector stuff (Flash)

...IN HELL!!
ChevyRay
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2008, 07:43:29 AM »

FUN FACT:

It's my first pixel animation Grin , I'm used to vector stuff (Flash)
Well we'll get you shaped up in no time Smiley if you don't frequent a couple of the better pixel art websites, then definitely check 'em out (pixeljoint.com, the pixelation forums, etc.) They're great places to get inspiration and sort of see how things are done when pixels are in the right hands.

You can post your stuff for some great comments and crits, too. People are generally rather helpful around here as well.
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »

This looks pretty great.

ChevyRay
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »

... Wait, what?
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2008, 12:03:51 PM »

ooo it looks great!
Saker
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2008, 12:48:32 PM »

now he has monocles ... i love these pixels

HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »

RAWR

...IN HELL!!
ChevyRay
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2008, 01:58:18 PM »

Thanks Annabelle/Saker Smiley I know progress is slow, but it's coming together nicely, and hopefully things will even be better when I learn to pixel proper tilesets.

Annabelle, your Ceillus landscape looks absolutely stunning (a Ceillus splash is actually my desktop bg right now), if you have any pointers or tuts you can shoot my way, I'd absolutely adore that. Mostly concerning textures and stuff. I can't seem to make dirt look like dirt, or rocks look like rocks. Colors I can just barely get a grip on.

I'll soak up ANY crits you guys have, really. This project is as much about improving our own abilities as making a fun, memorable game.

Neat little fire guy, HELL :D But it's a bit chunky in certain spots during the animation, which I'm noticing in a lot of your sprites. If possible, add a a "cleanup" stage to your animating to go through and smooth out any unkindly edges and bits. It really makes the difference Smiley but that enemy will go great in the Library stage, as one of the little misfits that pop out of the pages of magic grimoires to attack you (when the books themselves don't *rolls eyes*)
HELLTRIKKY
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »

yea, sorry about that, this one was mostly a test (to see if I could do fire) and a bit rushed, sorry about the chunkyness in my sprites Beer! I'll try to do better next time

...IN HELL!!
ChevyRay
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »

Hey it's no prob. The actual animation and colors were great. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic