Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:03:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSkullboy ( Complete re-haul! -=Feb 18/09=- )
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Author Topic: Skullboy ( Complete re-haul! -=Feb 18/09=- )  (Read 85223 times)
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: March 08, 2009, 04:09:22 PM »

Happy birthday Chevy!

KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2009, 05:42:18 PM »

Happy Birthday Chevy!

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
siiseli
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2009, 02:31:18 AM »

Good luck with the project, looks ace.
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 10, 2009, 02:40:09 AM »

Happy Birthdays for Chevy!

And that Chibi Minigame is looking suh-weet. This game is going to be something, I can see it.
ChevyRay
« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2009, 03:09:13 AM »

Thanks guys Tears of Joy

Anyhow, the game will be getting a recoloring soon, basically upping the contrast and saturation of everything... purtying it up in general.

I'm working on a secret-project with the person who will be helping me with the game's graphics Smiley So for the moment, Skullboy is on hold. When I come back to it, though, you can be sure I'll have some really hawt-lookin' screenshots for you all.
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 10, 2009, 08:13:50 AM »

Very good news about the colouring!  For someone as unapologetically happy as you, the preview screens seemed a bit muted.

Oh, and happy birthday too!  Beer!
Damian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2009, 11:30:46 PM »

1) The poor pig has elephant feet, instead of pig-type-hooves. That'll be fixed.
2) The ground tiles are updated, but now the grass looks To awesome in comparison, so this needs to be fixed.

To be honest I really liked the flat look...I think you've gone ahead of yourself on this one. Fix it. NOW!

So yeah to much priority!
ChevyRay
« Reply #267 on: March 12, 2009, 12:02:31 AM »

You should see the ground tiles NOW :D Someone helped me get rid of that "bubbly" look.

EVERYTHING has priority in Skullboy. Nothing shall get underestimated! I am going to make this game godly, whatever it takes, and however long it takes.

By the way, who wants to go Grave Surfing? Smiley
ChevyRay
« Reply #268 on: March 12, 2009, 12:25:22 AM »

Also, I know that a few of you like the flat-look, and I kinda liked it too, but this is only the first stage of the game. I wouldn't be able to keep that look consistent in the game, because there are other stages like the sewer, library, and the rooftops area that are going to need textured tiles to convey the themes of those stages properly. If I immediately set a "flat" theme to the graphics, then it would really clash with the later levels, and give players the wrong assumption at first-glance of the game.

I hope that makes sense; I'm not ignoring you guys <3 I just think upping the ante on the texture a bit will help the game as a whole.
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2009, 08:37:02 AM »

any news about the progress? Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
ChevyRay
« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2009, 05:03:26 PM »

The only thing I've done since my last post is recolored all of Skullboy's animations (which itself took several hours Tired) and fixed up a couple of the stage layouts a bit.

There was a lot of tweaking involved for the first boss, as it was pretty much unanimous amongst my testers that it was too hard and long. Other than that, I programmed some ghosts that appear in the scrolling levels (they "push" the screen from the side, a bit of videogame humour to explain the phenomenon).

Battlerager and I sort of worked out a design and a song for one of the special events that happens mid-stage in the Graveyard level, but I haven't gotten around to programming it yet.

Still waiting for that spark to rocket through the rest of the Graveyard and the big boss. Right now I'm still busy as hell doing some self-educating (mostly mathematics and physics stuff) as well as prototyping an engine for a possible shareware project.
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2009, 07:25:19 AM »

nice.
even when its not much progress - as you said du to different reasons - it is still progress... and thats a good thing Wink

good luck with that shareware project.  Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: May 24, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »

Hand Thumbs Up Left Grin

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic