Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:51:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingInfinite Pew Pew Action
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Infinite Pew Pew Action  (Read 3706 times)
suggo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:49 AM »

Thanks for the feedback I did try and make these obstacles pop up in a more uniform fashion but it started to become too difficult so I caved and did it this way which was simple and effective. I may go back and try to make them go down and up randomly to guide the player and enemies as you said.

The flashing thing I will definitely look into thanks for the tip Wink

beto
Level 0

Game Designer @ Aduge Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:56 PM »

Hehe this one got me kinda addicted! =)
I like these games.

I had some troubles to get used to aiming with the mouse but having to shoot only towards where I'm facing.
If it's really a design decision to make thins this way, it would be nicer to have the character turn faster when you stop moving and try to shoot on an opposite direction (and rebalance the game according to this).

I've seen that different colored enemies are really different, aren't they?
The blue one seemed to be slower.
If that's the case I'd make them more different (right now they seem to be almost the same, specially between the red and green).
Also it would be nice to attribute different values to them, according to their challenge.

Try to implement a simple pathfinding system.
I think it would improve greatly the feel of the game if the enemies didn't get stuck on walls.

Good job you're doing here =)

Aduge's first fully fledged game, A Night In-Between, has been released and needs your vote on Greenlight to get on Steam.
JudahRoydes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 06:31:13 PM »

I had a really good time with this game. A couple of things i think could be really fun would be cubes with negative consequences like slowing you down or bringing on hordes of baddies. Also, a dash function would be cool. 

Caran Elmoth
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 04:08:24 AM »

Very funny despite being so simple! I think almost all the points have been made here: I agree on more enemy types and maybe enemy waves. I think the graphics need just a little spicing (the minimal style is perfect)... maybe some subtle post-processing? or tron-trails, like someone already said. The gamepad control scheme is by far the best, but I believe this is a problem common to every arena shooter.

Keeping an eye on this to see further improvement! Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley

Vurb
Level 0

Vurb (game developer)

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2012, 06:32:19 AM »

very addictive nice game.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 06:56:03 AM »

Played it for about 30 sec. before I got bored.  Didn't get a single shot thrown at me by an enemy, and I had to hunt them down to find them.  Needs a hard mode for crazy players like me .. lol
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic