Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:18:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHiko Run
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Hiko Run  (Read 23000 times)
jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 11:17:47 PM »

i love this game. im not entirely sure why, but its like art. every once in a while i play through again and then laugh my ass off at the explosion.

DONT STOP :D

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2012, 04:07:36 AM »

Thanks James, definitely not stopping just slowed down and been distracted by other projects. This is still getting done and have been implementing lots of tweaks so feeling better with the game.

Also got playtomic working and will upload a screenshot soon.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 12:57:36 AM »

Heatmap is now working to track mouse press for Jump and Shoot. Bit useless for the online game version since the user generally uses the keyboard controls but was a good test to see how to incorporate it and use it in Flash for games. Also interesting to see the tracking of views and plays and what countries people are playing from.

Heatmap

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »

Sweet, this came a long way. Good work!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2012, 09:01:32 PM »

Thanks Son of Bryce Smiley Definitely feels like I've come a long way since when I first posted about it. And thanks again for everyone who posted feedback, really helped motivate me to work on it and get it to where it currently is.

Just a few more things to work on and then it'll be ready for release. Now need to find some time to do those things.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 06:19:07 AM »

Have changed all the fonts in game because the existing font didn't really fit in with the rest of the style of the game. Still not sure about this one either though, cause I'm so used to seeing the old one and liked it. Hoping it'll grow on me and I really hate dealing with fonts.

New Font Left / Old Font Right

bartholomew
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 12:15:24 PM »

i played it before and i thought it was too hard(week ago or so).
i played it now and i thought it was too easy.

But there was something very satisfiying(sp?) in getting the "beat the game" screen although it was on my first try.

Maybe because the goal was always there right in front of you.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »

Thanks for the feedback bartholomew really interesting to hear that from someone who's just recently played it, after having been staring at it for over 6 months Smiley
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:49:22 PM by Franklins Ghost » Logged

poe
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »

Loved it, won on the second try. Anyways I died the first time because the opening cave seems to kill you if you touch the top?
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »

Thanks poe really happy to hear that and yeah you die if you hit the top of the cave but I should probably change  that now that I think about it good point.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:30:21 PM by Franklins Ghost » Logged

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2012, 05:51:27 AM »

Anyways I died the first time because the opening cave seems to kill you if you touch the top?

Have now changed this so that when you now touch the top you just stop and fall again. Like this little change and definitely think it works better now. Thanks poe Gentleman

Also have updated the link on first post

Link:
HikoRun_04 Link
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:52:05 AM by Franklins Ghost » Logged

Gentleman Owl
Level 0

Nautilus People

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 11:38:17 PM »

One thing I've noticed is that it a bit annoying to play with the keyboard and then to switch to the mouse in order to press "Continue" after you die. The GUI / gameplay flow is seamless if you are playing using the mouse only.

I think it would be nice for people who prefer using the keyboard to be able to press Enter in order to continue playing. Making use of the keyboard in order to select Menu or Restart after you've run out of chances would improve the flow of gameplay as well.

A such, it's a small polish thing, but I think it'd improve the game subtly. Nice work for your first  Smiley
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 12:00:58 AM »

Thanks Gentleman Owl Smiley and yeah very good point with the menu navigation and other buttons. Hadn't really considered those things much because I still consider it as a game I'm making for mobile. So generally when I'm testing it's on my mobile or ipad. Always forget about the online usability. Great points though and think I'll definitely have to add a basic keyboard control for menus.

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2012, 03:37:50 AM »

when is this coming out?Huh?? i love it and still think about it. you should just put it on the app store. you know Ill promote the hell out of it Grin

http://jamesprimate.bandcamp.com/track/hiko-run-theme

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »

Smiley thanks jamesprimate definitely should release it soon. Just been crazy busy with a new job, organising my wedding and training for a 100 km trailwalk for charity. But the walk I finished on saturday so hopefully I'll have a bit more free time.

Love the music you made for it so definitely want to release it so it can get more attention. You did an awesome job with it.

Might try and get it done next weekend if I get the chance.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 05:01:20 AM »

Can't believe how long it's been since I've posted on this. Work, wedding and the rest have been crazier to deal with then expected. But now that the wedding has happened and I've been at the new job for awhile, I should have more time to organise things better. Really want to just finish this so I can move onto a new project. Especially since this was just meant to be a short learning experience for my first game.

Have been doing some code optimising which has really helped the speed and have also slightly changed the look of the rocks. They are now floating in the air instead.

Created a small game gif to show the change:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:36:07 AM by Franklins Ghost » Logged

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 05:35:09 AM »

GIF isn't showing up
Ant
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 05:45:44 AM »

showing fine here. nice to see you're still ploughing along with this looks interesting Hand Thumbs Up Right
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2013, 03:53:33 AM »

Not sure why it's not showing up for you Udderdude, I seem to have an issue nowadays where I can't see some peoples images either, although sometimes if I open them in a new tab they come up. Have added the option to click the image so it opens in new tab, hopefully that helps.

And thanks for the support caiys definitely helps with the motivation to get this finished Smiley Been following your game for awhile now so nice to hear.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2013, 01:21:05 AM »

How's this coming along dude? Looking good so far..

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic