Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 04:28:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Monster and The Musican
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Monster and The Musican  (Read 1173 times)
jkd003
« on: December 23, 2011, 08:13:34 PM »

After a lifetime of dreaming and twenty days of work I have finished my first game.    Hand Shake LeftSmiley Hand Shake Right  

Because of the nature of this game I feel I should let it speak for itself. It takes less than a minutes to download and 5 minutes to play so dim the lights, sit down and Click the link:http://jonathandaar.com/Downloads/TMATM.zip
Give it a chance, come back and tell me what you think.

Consider yourself visiting another world.

I've experimented so much with this game, most of the time has been spent revising it and polishing it, I would develop complex systems and then throw them out later when I found a more elegant solution, constantly just working to make the best game I could.
I Hope its fun, I hope its interesting, I hope it makes you think, I hope you connect with the character and realize he's not so different from you or I.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 11:40:28 PM by jkd003 » Logged
Fyren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 12:00:14 AM »

The game unfortunately doesn't work for me.  At the screen that seems to be showing me controls, nothing works and I can't progress further.  Escape quits the game, F4 toggles full screen, and that's it (well, something was a screenshot key and I ended up with a file named _save<digits>.sav).  I'm on XP with SP3.
jkd003
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:58 AM »

Space+Ctrl at the same time to continue.

I originally placed a + button to signify thus but I found taking it out really set the mood for the rest of the game. As a compromise perhaps I'll set it to show a plus after a certain number of keypresses or time has expired.

Thank you for the feedback Fyren! Smiley
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 02:03:43 PM by jkd003 » Logged
jkd003
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »

Alright! I updated the title screen,I think its a little less elegant than before but its still pretty  Screamy nifty.
I don't think there will be any confusion anymore on what to do.
Update: Now its even better than before. No more regrets.

Here's a Screenshot from the game:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 01:57:07 PM by jkd003 » Logged
jkd003
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »

More bug fixes today. I think I've gotten all of them now.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic