Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411411 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 08:46:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: FAQ
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: FAQ  (Read 100524 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »

Yeah, we know what Tohou is  Roll Eyes

If you have any suggestions of how to implement a shmup character in a fighting game, we'd be happy to hear them.
Immaterial and missing power?
(A fighting game made as a spinoff of their shumps, I'll explain further if you haven't heard of it)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2009, 12:55:27 AM »

I quoted you and wrote a reply, but I posted it in the character submissions thread since that's the 'proper' place for this discussion.

Kitten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2009, 06:17:40 PM »

This is probably a little off topic and I apologize, but this is my first post here and I haven't read all the topics/posts yet about Indie Brawl.  I can start the program up and I can get to the character select screen but I can't actually get the fight started.  I've pushed just about every button on my keyboard and my mouse, too, and it still isn't working (using IB11 and then IB12).  So I figured if it isn't too much trouble, you could add a FAQ question when it comes to actually getting the fight started.  Unless this is somehow completely individual to my computer that is  Lips Sealed.  Anyway, thanks in advance and nice job so far from what little I can tell.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2009, 06:26:31 PM »

This is probably a little off topic and I apologize, but this is my first post here and I haven't read all the topics/posts yet about Indie Brawl.  I can start the program up and I can get to the character select screen but I can't actually get the fight started.  I've pushed just about every button on my keyboard and my mouse, too, and it still isn't working (using IB11 and then IB12).  So I figured if it isn't too much trouble, you could add a FAQ question when it comes to actually getting the fight started.  Unless this is somehow completely individual to my computer that is  Lips Sealed.  Anyway, thanks in advance and nice job so far from what little I can tell.
Same here.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2009, 06:42:25 PM »

player 1:
F = select
G = cancel

player 2:
P = select
O = cancel

Game starts automaticly after both selections are made. While randomly pressing buttons, you probably kept canceling after selecting one character, and before selecting the next.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2009, 06:49:28 PM »

Okay. I got it running. IT'S AWESOME.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »

Sorry about that. Once I get the menus done, it should be a lot more obvious.

Kitten
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:34 PM »

Thanks a lot and I probably did just cancel them out again while trying to get them running.  Going to try it now ^^
evktalo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2009, 03:22:38 AM »

Hey guys,

today I played a good, fun 15 minutes with my nephew. He liked the guy with the hockey stick, and I played the Aquaria girl, Liero and the nude ninja (showing my vast knowledge of indie gaming icons here). It was pretty playable, although the missing animations naturally made it a bit rough an experience. Worthy of few rematches in any case. I liked the switching tiles, they lead to a number of amusing situations. All the characters I played felt substantially different, especially the Liero one (clumsy but lots of range), so that's pretty promising. I love the premise as well, and all the sprites that are there look very nice.

--Eino
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2009, 09:17:32 AM »

Really cool. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

bluhoney
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2009, 07:22:59 AM »

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong place, had a look about and this seemed the most suitable..

New to the forums, so was going about and giving everything a read/try and felt like giving my 2 cents on this as it excited me right from the world go.. great concept.

As far as the current game is concerned, I'm really enjoying it, feels authentic and smooth and is really easy to jump in and pick up. Camera is great, zooms very smoothly and manages to avoid the slight "lag" on zooming that can get soo frustrating, and common in games like this. Characters feel suitably different without any one getting a serious upper hand, although of course some are easier to approach immediately and others take some practice to get right. More than that there is great depth to the combat, plenty of room for the newbie to pick up and bash away, but also plenty to learn still on the return visit...

My only frustration so far was taking a couple of minutes hitting keys to work out how to progress past the char selection screen.. feel like a newbie myself for having the problem at all, especially as it's mentioned here also so i guess your aware it could be better labelled.. Don't feel like I'm giving a proper opinion unless I mention any issue, however minor, so this is a long way from a game spoiler, just a little polish to finish off a really fun little game.

Hope things are still moving on, as I'd love to see what else could be added to make things even better. I admin a small beta testing community (nothing todo with development, we just test stuff!), so if we can be of any use to test or promote your work then please let me know, would be happy to promote something like this Smiley

cheers,
-blu
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2009, 10:15:45 AM »

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I'm aware of the confusion on the character select screen, and I'm already working on making it easier to use. The current menus are just crummy placeholders, which will all be getting a complete overhaul.

Thanks for your offer to test the game. Milestone 1 isn't too far off, so I'll let you know when it's out. That will be the first major release in need of testers.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »

So, just wondering, how many highly recognizeable characters did we lose so far?

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »

You mean in terms of permission? The characters from Cave Story and La Mulana.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2009, 11:21:53 AM »

at least we still got Iji.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2009, 12:01:09 PM »

Yes. Not to mention permission for elements from 35 other games.  Smiley

falsion
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2009, 07:45:06 PM »

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried searching around but couldn't find anything.

But, as far as characters are concerned, is there a fixed roster? By that, I mean. Say if a really awesome game comes out in the near future and takes the indie gaming world by storm (or something). Will the character from that game be in Indie Brawl or would it be impractical at this point to put it in the game?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »

The current roster is here:
http://indiebrawl.co.cc/IndieBrawl/Characters

As for new and exciting characters, it really depends on how much interest and activity there is in the project at that time. We're already hoping to include Ip, Guy Balding and Gomez when their games come out; Cornelius and U-Head have also been mentioned once or twice.

falsion
« Reply #158 on: September 21, 2009, 09:08:36 PM »

I know about that list already. I just wanted to know if character slots are still open or if they've already been fixed and decided upon. That answers my question though. Thanks.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: September 21, 2009, 11:12:56 PM »

Slots are open, but we won't start working on new characters until the current ones are finished. And I'm pretty sure theres already a lineup.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic