Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:46:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: FAQ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: FAQ  (Read 100535 times)
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »

I'm all for doing the music here, perhaps working with other artists if seen fit. I loved writing the Bonesaw soundtrack and would love to extend any help here - I think doing remixes of themes from the various featured games (will this be like Smash where there are levels from the original games, etc) - that would be epic. :D

edit:
Or rather, if this is a more open-community effort, I'd be happy to just contribute a handful - depends on what you guys think :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 02:14:01 PM by TwiTerror » Logged

hi
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 06:37:08 PM »

I don't think anyone volunteered to do music yet, so it's great to have you on board!

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »

umm, I made a Juni. I didn't know where to put it though, since she doesn't have a thread and I didn't want to make one 'cause I dunno what moves she should have. Not really sure I like it though anyway. Feedback would be nice.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2008, 11:45:35 PM »

I like it, although it's kind of hard to tell it's Juni.  She maybe needs bigger hair, bigger eyes, and an umbrella.  I see most of her "attacks" being indirect.  Or maybe she hits with the umbrella?

Btw, Nightshade, I just wanted to say great job resurrecting/leading the project.  Thanks for releasing the source code, also.  I made you a Projects moderator.  Great work, dude!

EDIT: Also, Josh, yay! Kiss
Corpus
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 01:39:31 AM »

This would be better suited to a Juni thread, but she could be able to crawl up the sides of the screen like she crawls up walls.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 07:26:16 AM »

I don't mean to demean your efforts Xion, you've been doing great so far, but that Juni does look a little weird.
It's kind of hard drawing her when there's no official artwork, all we know is she's got black hair and a white dress. I've drawn her once, I just added rain boots, thought it would look nice.
And it definitely needs more umbrella
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 07:36:04 AM »

I strongly suggest that, for each character submitted, we include links to websites/download and artworks from the original game in order to have reference material and a good explanation of what the character is like. This will also help to write a quick bio for each character. Maybe add links to the character list in the doc?   

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 02:47:13 PM »

Btw, Nightshade, I just wanted to say great job resurrecting/leading the project.  Thanks for releasing the source code, also.  I made you a Projects moderator.  Great work, dude!
The power... THE POWER!!!  Evil

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 07:58:12 PM »

? ? ?

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 09:33:02 PM »

That looks more in-tune with the style.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 10:45:25 AM »

I know. But there's no "thwack" channel...

Then again, I'm not too experienced with the program, so maybe it has more capabilities than I realize.

If you mess around with it enough, it can in fact make "thwack" sounds. Besides, it's retro coo.
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »

Aha, well if it works I can probably throw together some sound effects too using a combination of sfxr and other 'toys' I've got. (:

hi
Corpus
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 11:18:56 AM »

Waaaait a second. TwiTerror / Josh, are you the guy who did the music for Bonesaw and TSE?
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2008, 12:02:56 PM »

Uh, yeah. Yeah, he is.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »

That's great news, bonesaw's music was awesome
You're awesome TwiTerror
DjangoDurango
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2008, 04:29:08 AM »

Arenas, menus, Character artworks for the character selection screens, End battle/results portraits, title screen, loading screen and perhaps bio screen would need some artworks to give an idea of what it will look like in-game. Well, imo. Wink  In all cases, an illustration of two indie characters fighting it out would be sweet. Smiley

Are basic sketches just to get an idea of things we could have good? I'm not much of a digital artist, but I could draw out the basics of levels and menus and stuff like that just to get the ball rolling on those things.
medieval
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2008, 08:19:52 AM »

Maybe a little useless right now, but to keep track of everything in a little more organized way, I'd suggest a website.

I can write all the markup and PHP/MySQL (if needed). But someone needs to make me some shiny things to put on it.
Corpus
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »

I could design the website, if you like. If that's what you mean by shiny things. Web design is a thing that I do.

Here's the website I'm working on now (for myself). JPG because the real thing is down atm while I fiddle with it.

Xerus is proficient in this area.
medieval
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »

Uh wait. Xerus..

Nah but I am willing to try it, I think I know just about everything I need to know for such a thing, PHP-wise. Markup is easy peasy.
Mr.moo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 11:46:14 PM »

Howzy id be happy to submit a character.....

DO THE R.O.B!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic