Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:34:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsRetro Remakes 2008 Contest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Retro Remakes 2008 Contest  (Read 6953 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »

Just announced:

There are dozens of games I'd love to remake, but I doubt I'll get the time this year Sad Anybody here thinking of taking part?

Cymon
Level 9

Computer Kid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »

There's some funkyness about rules that is having OddBob say not to get started yet.

Cymon's Games, free source code, tutorials, and a new game every week!
Follow me on twitter
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:35:29 PM »

If my framework proves robust enough for the demake contest, I might try something  then Beer!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Oddbob
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 05:28:26 PM »

Ta Terry! It's not just about remakes this year though, some of you will probably be glad to hear...

I think we backed ourselves into a serious corner last time round. We got some ace games and did some good stuff getting the accessibility stuff out there but in trying to think around people, it made it a bit more of a miserable experience for us judges and probably a few folk who entered as well. There was that moment where we sat there and loaded up another Asteroids remake and we thought "crap, we missed that off the list of things we'd rather you didn't do". So, all that's out the window this time round.

Rather than try and limit stuff, we've gone (possibly too far, we'll see) in the opposite direction. To the point that it may not necessarily be a remake that comes out with the grand prize. Hopefully, it'll throw it wide open and we'll see some seriously nice stuff emerge. Given I'm meant to be shush until the rules go out, I've probably said too much there already but fingers crossed, folks will be able to do something that floats their boats.

I've still got a mammoth page of rules because unfortunately, the moment you add sponsors and whopping prizes into the equation then it heads a little out the realm of just being able to throw a party and see who turns up. We've ended up with being able to split it into "the boring stuff" which is all the crap about registering for your uploads, no you can't turn the splash screen inside out 30 times because we'd like to keep the sponsors sweet etc... and "the fun stuff" where you can just really glance over that, think "aye, I'd like to doooooo *waves finger around* that" and check back at the boring stuff for the technical dull gubbins but just get on with stuff and make an ace game.

There'll be plenty of room for big and small games, mind. But I'm gonna shut up before I say too much and get a slap from the rest of the organisers for blurting out the rules, the prizes and lord knows what else because I'm knackered... Wink

Be blimmin' ace to see some of you lot enter if you're not too burnt out after the demake compo. Although part the reason I'm trying to rush organise everything on the RR compo is to see if I can squeeze the time in to get an entry in for that.  Gentleman

Beer!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic