Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 10:24:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHidden
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hidden  (Read 729 times)
AbsoluteZero
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »

Game Title: HIDDEN
Version: 0.6
Full-screen: NO

DOWNLOAD ---> http://www.box.com/s/sblxun6jjehydhjkm4h5
*NOTICE: This is a very early test version of the game, purely to encourage ideas, suggestion and feedback on how the game currently plays. Things such as main menu's, HUDs e.t.c are still not finished.

Hidden is the game maker stealth game of stealth games. Unlike other stealth games, Hidden takes pride in its enemy Artificial Intelligence (A.I). Each enemy you encounter in Hidden will pose a massive threat to you, a welcome change I think. The game makes use of an impressive A.I engine that powers the actions of each enemy character.

Some features of the A.I engine thus far:
-Enemies can see you if you come too close, and they'll engage you with their weapon.
-Enemies also have peripheral vision, which allows them to spot you out of the corner of their eye. You then have 1 second to move to a different location before they begin to explore where they think they saw you.
-Enemies can hear, if you fire your gun, enemies will investigate where they heard the sound. However, in real life it is impossible to pin-point the exact location as to where the sound came from, this is the same in Hidden - the enemy go to an approximate or realistically close position to the source of the sound.  

Game Objective:
Try to escape the room without getting caught by your enemies. Make sure to evade their line of sight and avoid creating suspicion. Enemies can both see and hear you so make sure to be decisive and smart. Use your tools to your advantage to survive and escape in one piece. You gain a certain number of points if and when you do escape your pursuers, each enemy you kill in the process will deduct points from your overall score however.

Game instructions can be found by pressing F1 within the game, or accessing "Help" in the main menu.

Still to be done
Even more A.I routines
Main Menu
Improved HUD and presentation style
More levels
Setting traps (possible)

Constructive criticism appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 04:54:48 PM by AbsoluteZero » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic