Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:08:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames like Gangsters: Organized Crime
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Games like Gangsters: Organized Crime  (Read 8313 times)
OryBand
Level 0

Screamadelica.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2008, 02:23:08 PM »

Hey everyone.

Do you remember the game Gangsters: Organized Crime ?

It was a turn-based, sim-city-mafia-like game. You plan your actions for the forthcoming week - extortion, rades, drug & alcohol trafficking and such. Then, you execute your plans, dealing with unexpected events like opposite families, police, FBI, and such.

I'm looking for similar games of the same idea.

Do you know any?

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight. - Phyllis Diller
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 02:26:44 PM »

That game was the awesomist, the only one kinda like it was Gangsters 2

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:19:59 AM »

Hmm, now that you mention it, there was a pretty similar game to that one, although with a more cartoony approach and more like Mad TV than Sim City.

If I remember it right, you had to do crimes with your gang and earn money and shit, so you could impress the secretary of the big boss, with the goal of becoming the big boss yourself. Something like that. You could do all different kinds of crime, had to manage your gang and your cars, and could even speculate on the stock market with your money. I think when you won the game you were able to hit some button that made the submarine of your boss explode.

I sadly cannot recall the name, though, but it was a cool game :S
Xotes
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 12:58:39 AM »

Well, there's always (the rather oddly named) good ol' Crime Fighter, which is something of a misleading name as you're the one committing crimes, not fighting them, but still.

“I have brought you T, Master. It took quite a lot of searching on your Galaxy’s non-holographic communications network, but no man is beyond the reach of a Sith.”

Meanwhile, poor Mr. T was left to hang upside down in the middle of the room, informing us that we were both fools, to be pitied.
OryBand
Level 0

Screamadelica.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:14:12 AM »

That game was the awesomist, the only one kinda like it was Gangsters 2

Gangsters 2 was that good. It was real-time only, while Gangsters 1 was half turn-based half-real-time.

Well, there's always (the rather oddly named) good ol' Crime Fighter, which is something of a misleading name as you're the one committing crimes, not fighting them, but still.

Thanks, but this is more shallow than Gangsters. I'm looking for something Gangsters-y, but newer.

I think I'll just play Gangsters. Smiley

Never go to bed mad, stay up and fight. - Phyllis Diller
JimmyBignuts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 02:46:14 AM »

Years ago my neighbour used to play the beta of a multiplayer gangsters clone called Legal Crime.

http://www.legalcrime.net/

The site is still up and they seem to still be development stages for some reason. Looked pretty complete when I last saw it.

Edit: I just looked it up and it really was a long time ago; 1997. It can still be downloaded from this site but it may be nothing more than a curiosity.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:53:59 AM by JimmyBignuts » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic