Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:00:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCity of Steam
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: City of Steam  (Read 9728 times)
Erinock
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »

MIND BLOWN  Waaagh!
CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012, 06:52:26 PM »

Alpha test of City of Steam was confirmed to be released in July.Seize the opportunity to start a new round of adventure in City of Steam.

City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork beings, and countless unknown evils.
CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 02:59:27 AM »

Take a look at our first

. Greg, level designer for City of Steam, is introducing how we make levels with some in-house tools. Tell us your thought and feedback.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:59:27 AM by CrazyEthan » Logged

City of Steam - Fight in a land of belching furnaces, clockwork beings, and countless unknown evils.
CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 10:41:21 PM »

Feel the atmosphere of City of Steam through downloading the amazing Original Soundtrack on iTunes and Amazon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:59:59 PM by CrazyEthan » Logged

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »

New merchandise store and forum up! Look into what we've prepared for players on the store and be our early supporters.

DaedalusCoder
Level 0

Make indie with me.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »

This game is looking awesome! Keep it up!

I also admire your courage to begin with an MMO. I hope it works out for you guys.
Will be following this game. Smiley
I hope my notebook can run it without me having to lower the graphics...
CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 10:27:24 PM »

This game is looking awesome! Keep it up!

I also admire your courage to begin with an MMO. I hope it works out for you guys.
Will be following this game. Smiley
I hope my notebook can run it without me having to lower the graphics...
Thanks. Now we're working hard to get the word out and prepare the upcoming Alpha test. If you are interested, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters and get the priority on accessing the Alpha key and updates. The whole City of Steam world is packed into mere megabytes of space, without sacrificing graphics or content. Feel free to drop me a line if you have further questions.

CoS_Dorian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »

Hello, all. I work with CrazyEthan. We have announced an "Alpha Preview Tour Contest" that offers a chance to get into the game almost two weeks before the official Alpha release date. Thought you guys may be interested, so I'll quote the announcement here:

Greetings, City of Steam fans!

Knowing that Alpha is a mere month away is encouraging for some, torture for others. So, in light of this, we thought we might have a little contest in the meantime, so…!

We’re having an Early Preview Contest! Yep, the winner gets an exclusive personalized tour of City of Steam with us, the developer! You’ll get to see and play around the game before anyone else does (major bragging rights)! On top of this you’ll get to talk to us, and bring 2 friends!

The rules are simple. Simply post a reply to this thread about why you think you should get a tour. This post should be well written and thought out (so a “plz u shud pick me lawl!” won’t quite work), but we don’t expect an essay out of it either, so the length should depend on how much you need to say rather than an arbitrary limit on our part. Quality, a good argument and relevance is what we’re looking for, so don’t feel the need to fluff it out just to make it look longer (not to mention we have a game to make, no time to read gargantuan posts!). Priority will be given to our more active members, because we love our community, but for those of you who are newer members, have no fear, simply take part in more discussions and show us some community spirit   (5 to 10 good posts should do it). Be sure to also bring in your friends to increase your odds of getting in (provided they like you enough to choose you).

Winners will be announced on July 6th, and the tour will be given on July 9th. Good luck, and we look forward to seeing the results!

"Winners will be announced on July 6th, and the tour will be given on July 9th." Go for it!

Click here to join the contest.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:58:28 PM by CoS_Dorian » Logged
CoS_Dorian
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »

Hello, guys. We just had a new trailer uploaded to Youtube Beer!. Check it out:

Any comments? Feel free to post and discuss.
CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »

We just put up some new dev journals, here's your chance to get a closer look at some cool Ratling animations in Unity, backstories of the charming but manipulative Rivens and a wrapup for all available classes in City of Steam now. Any thoughts?

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2012, 12:44:32 AM »

Check out a

we made while stressed-out over getting City of Steam Beta ready. Feel free to leave us a comment, too! As always, keep an eye on our Dev Journals for latest development progress we've made, and share your thoughts. Beta should be rearing its head out sometime in November.

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 12:41:11 AM »

Let’s take a new glance at the Steam-o-Meter after one week of its release. The great thing is that really awesome stuff like “Powered Gauntlets” and “Challenge Dungeons” have already been unlocked and pushed to be ready for Closed Beta… and now we’re getting so close to the first Dev Humiliation ever. So everyone, keep pushing up the points and unlocking more early content (wouldn't you like to see that cute Marshpuggle?)

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 05:57:53 AM »

Hi everyone, just wanted to drop by and give you a final reminder for City of Steam Beta: the first Beta Weekend will launch in less than 15 hours! If you are interested in joining in, sign up for our newsletter for a chance to receive a key (and regular development updates as well); also, check out our partners, they might still have a few keys left to give out. If you grabbed one already, great! Free your schedule and get ready to swarm into The Refuge tonight!

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »

Springtide finally closed its gates... A million thanks to all who joined in and helped us test the game. As always, you can rest assured that we'll work on those bugs, and keep polishing up the game. We all look forward to seeing you back on Nov. 30 again to play DWARVES! Also, keep up your outstanding support for the Steam-o-Meter, we're getting closer to 3M points.

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 03:22:20 AM »

Hi everyone, we've got some great updates to share this week, so forgive me if this seems a bit spammy:

First! Autumnwane (CBT3) is around the corner, so be sure to free you schedule on December 14th if you’re interested in joining in.

Second! City of Steam is coming on Steam Greenlight (see more details here), so please vote for us;

Third! We just got a new

up and running, so please share the video with your friends and help spread the word out;

Ok, enough of that before this gets too long, sorry for dropping so much on your guys at once… I’m glad to hear you thoughts on this though, please let me know what you think if any question is crossing your mind!

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012, 10:43:15 PM »

Still looking for Holiday Gifts? Our Toiler might have something you might like. Also, we've prepared all Beta testers some awesome game stuff in Winter Festival. Happy holidays and enjoy the final Closed Beta Test tomorrow!

Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 05:06:14 PM »

Oh my gerd! STEAMPUNK FTW  Waaagh! Hand Shake Right

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 12:39:16 AM »

Still remember our Steam-o-Meter dev humiliation extras promise? Well, we just rolled out a

about it, ENJOY!

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 12:41:14 AM »

Oh my gerd! STEAMPUNK FTW  Waaagh! Hand Shake Right
We don’t push the game completely as a “Steampunk” game. We try to use the term ‘industrial age fantasy’ since it isn’t as full blown steampunk as many would like. However, the game takes place in a unique environment that many steampunk gamers will adore. Tongue

CrazyEthan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 03:11:00 AM »

Gates of CBT finally closed, but don't slacken off guys, Beta will be coming up soon, along with more new features and content, so stay tuned!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic