Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:11:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Any pixel artists that are Ultima fans?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Any pixel artists that are Ultima fans?  (Read 1038 times)
smashboy
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »

I would like to design a fun and large-scale RPG game that I can both enjoy making and (hopefully) watch my daughter play.  I was a huge fan of the Ultima series and I would really like to commission the help of a fan artist.

I love to code and design levels and gameplay systems, but art and music are two major areas I lack any expertise in.  I just don't have the time or patience, unfortunately.  Sad

"Life should never have a price, nor be paid as a cost."
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:34 PM »

I love Ultima 7, I love it's pixel art. I even thought of making such a game myself.
But, as you said, art takes time and you need to give a really good incentive for people to join your team. That is assuming they are not busy with their own projects.
A large scale RPG has a lot of risk, because it will take a lot of time to create and any time in the middle someone in the team might decides he drops out.

Anyway, I wish you success.

p.s. there are collabarations and job offers forums, so I think someone might move it to there.

Master of all trades.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic