Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 08:46:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Angry Birds like blocks copyrighted?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Angry Birds like blocks copyrighted?  (Read 4360 times)
xMawiel
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2011, 02:16:29 PM »

Bah my text got removed.

Anyways are these blocks that i've made looking too much like the ones in Angry Birds?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:22:27 PM by xMawiel » Logged
Nix
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 02:17:20 PM »

nope
xMawiel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »

My text was removed, updated post.
noah!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:27:34 PM »

Aww, your original post was like a work of art...

(still nope, and the day a video game attempts to copyright the concept of stone texture is the day that i stop living)
Armageddon
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 02:32:41 PM »

I agree, your blocks look very nice, though stripe and metal would probably have the same physics?

xMawiel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 02:37:16 PM »

Actually no, the metal one is really strong while the striped ones are impossible to move. I can post the characters for my game if anyone wants to see in just a moment.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 02:37:27 PM »

Won't stop Rovio from C&Cing you, if they decide to.
Nix
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 02:40:58 PM »

Don't be silly. They would never take legal action for something so dumb.
xMawiel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »

These are the main characters:

Some special abilities:

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »

I take my statement back. They will if they find out.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 02:51:16 PM »

Happy cows?

Kramlack
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 02:51:21 PM »

Are you trying to copy angry birds or...? While you can't copyright something like a block, you will have to watch out if you're going to be cloning the game.

The cow one uses a very similar triangular shape and hair pieces as the yellow and red guy, I would be ready to jump on and say you actually ripped those two.

EDIT: Or at the very least, was heavily influenced to the point of ripping them off.
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »

The "geometric" cartoonish style is quite popular for Flash/iOS games. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a coincidence.

Kramlack
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 02:56:54 PM »

While I would normally agree with you, that it could just be a coincidence, the fact is he brought up Angry Birds so obviously he's using them as some influence, which is unfortunate because he had a pretty good case until he showed the characters.
xMawiel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »

@Kramlack The head shape is not copied from Angry Birds at all, but if I did I would admit it here, I'm not a liar.

The head was based of a frog i made in my first game called Tiny Surfer (which is not exactly any direct clone of any other game in my opinion) check it out in the App Store if you like.

My game is going to include physic puzzles and I will try not to make a Angry Birds clone.

It's true that i use Angry Birds as an influence, it is the top game in the App Store after all.

Kramlack
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 03:01:16 PM »

@Kramlack The head shape is not copied from Angry Birds at all, but if I did I would admit it here, I'm not a liar.

The head was based of a frog i made in my first game called Tiny Surfer (which is not exactly any direct clone of any other game in my opinion) check it out in the App Store if you like.

My game is going to include physic puzzles and I will try not to make a Angry Birds clone.

It's true that i use Angry Birds as an influence, it is the top game in the App Store after all.

Alright then, but I still say you should be careful. It would be much easier for the average joe gamer to simply write it off as a ripoff. It's a lot easier to defend yourself to 'x' amount of forum goers than it is a mass of gamers.
xMawiel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 03:03:57 PM »

Thank's Kramlack for your thoughts on the art for my game, it really helps.

By the way did you know that Angry Birds is a clone of a PC game?, I personally think it is hard to come up with new ideas for gameplay these days. But sure look at games like Minecraft and World of Goo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:10:45 PM by xMawiel » Logged
iffi
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 03:30:25 PM »

By the way did you know that Angry Birds is a clone of a PC game?
Angry Birds is pretty much a clone of 500 other games.
Theophilus
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 03:51:53 PM »

angry birds is the worst.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »

just don't call it something that sounds like "angry birds", that IMO would be the worst offender for rovio, other than that, you will be lost in a sea of clones and inspirations of angry bird...

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic