Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 09:18:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsTigSource Writing Competition: ####punk [CLOSED!]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: TigSource Writing Competition: ####punk [CLOSED!]  (Read 79030 times)
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

Oh, you don't have to use the ridiculous name I had on my story. You can just put A Skypunk Story or something.

dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2008, 10:34:28 PM »

Oh, you don't have to use the ridiculous name I had on my story. You can just put A Skypunk Story or something.

You can update/post your own stories. Tongue Anyone can be a member with the secret password and make the changes they want. Relying on me, given my last last to programming contests (Demake and PGC), is probably not the greatest thing in the world. :D
Pit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2008, 12:57:11 AM »

I'm adding a few stories now, have enough time.
But I already made a little mistake, forgot to add the "stories:" at "Lies" and only mods/admins can change the url. Sorry  Sad
So dmoonfire, if you could please correct this  Embarrassed

Edit:
OK, I've added all the stories. Also Lies with the right category, so you only need to delete the old one.
Todo List:
Delete /lies
Tell-a-Tale Blues: tags, maybe formatting (newlines, headings)
A Skypunk Story: maybe formatting (center the ~, indent 'Another')
The Red Squire: tags
All: add author if you want

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:01:05 AM by Pit » Logged
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2008, 04:21:16 AM »

Thank you! I removed /lies, added a link to the contest page (including a list of all the stories). It's slightly different since it shows you the ratings (if we decide to use them) and gives a bit more information about the contest.

EDIT: I really appreciate you entering everything in. Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 06:39:57 AM by dmoonfire » Logged
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2008, 11:48:11 AM »

Thanks for posting my story, 'Earthblades Don't Mourn for Burnmules'. Could someone add me as the author?

'by Keith Nemitz'

Is this the place for voting, or is it just a historical depository? I would rather not sign up with wikidot, just to add my name to my own story...

li'l help,

Keith

dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2008, 12:24:21 PM »

Thanks for posting my story, 'Earthblades Don't Mourn for Burnmules'. Could someone add me as the author?

'by Keith Nemitz'

I'll get it tonight. I don't know if we want to set the title (i.e. "Earthblades Dno't Mourn for Burnmules by Keith Nemitz" or use the creators: idea and set the home page). One of those things I don't know. But, you're name will show up on it.

(related to that is the licenses also for the stories, not sure what the default should be).

Is this the place for voting, or is it just a historical depository? I would rather not sign up with wikidot, just to add my name to my own story...

That is up to chutup, I guess. I don't have the perceived authority for that; I can only really set up a site to make it an archive and provide voting as an option. Of course, there is something to be said for having only 1-2 votes for a story instead basically 0 or 1 for every story per user.
Pit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2008, 02:15:48 AM »

I think it would be better to do the voting here in a poll. Already for the simple reason that it is the "TigSource" Writing Competition.
On the wiki it would look a kind of being put aside. And in a poll you have a better control about the voting, on the wiki everyone could vote for a story without even knowing about the competition.
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2008, 05:17:32 AM »

I think it would be better to do the voting here in a poll. Already for the simple reason that it is the "TigSource" Writing Competition.
On the wiki it would look a kind of being put aside. And in a poll you have a better control about the voting, on the wiki everyone could vote for a story without even knowing about the competition.

I have no opinions either way, I just wanted to get something done and be "helpful". Smiley
Musenik
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2008, 02:24:27 PM »

dmoonfire,

Thanks for setting this up! I like the way you added the names. Now that I've got my own category, I may have to write something else! :-)

Pit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2008, 11:17:20 AM »

When will we get the voting thread?
Or is still something outstanding?
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »

I'm going to set up the page with the entries today.  Thanks for being patient!
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2008, 07:05:20 PM »

http://www.tigsource.com/features/blankpunk/

Here ya go!  chutup, start a voting thread whenever you're ready! Gentleman
Renton
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2008, 10:21:30 PM »

Go Derek!  Beer!
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2008, 10:29:30 PM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=2869.0
Here is the voting thread  Grin Good luck to everyone!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic