Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:36:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralRon paul
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Print
Author Topic: Ron paul  (Read 65175 times)
antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:10:43 AM »

I just found out about this guy a few weeks ago. Really like what hes saying. Though Im not a citizen of the US, I still think he should be ellected.

And the media seems to hate this guy. I mean, theres nothing wrong with him. Hes never said anything wrong, and the media will go so far as to not even count him as a part of the poles.

If youre in the US, please vote for this man.

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:09:23 AM »

It's like 4chan had a baby.

hi
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:15:09 AM »

Yay. Just what was needed: someone trying to bring US politicscircus to this forum. Lovely.

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 04:17:09 AM »

I although I like that he opposes the NDAA I would never vote on a homophobic. The sad thing is that even with that I think he's the best candidate.  Waaagh!

Netsu
Level 10

proficient at just chillin'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 04:25:18 AM »

I although I like that he opposes the NDAA I would never vote on a homophobic. The sad thing is that even with that I think he's the best candidate.  Waaagh!

It's funny, we have a very similar guy here in Poland: a libertarian, free-market, low-tax non-intrusive, independent country idea, with legal drugs, strong military and little bureaucracy. And he also is against gay marriage and abortion.
And I also think he is the best candidate here even though I don't like his position on ethical matters.
And he (and his party) is also often omitted in polls as very little people actually vote for him. Still, I do.

Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 04:31:17 AM »

leonelc29
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 04:33:08 AM »

1)Ron Paul Eres?
       or
2)Ron Paul Huban?

and please, no politic here. we have enough fight with the topic like "is game art?", and we don't need another fight.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 04:37:39 AM »

we have enough fight with the topic like "is game art?", and we don't need another fight.

Who is fighting?

Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 04:42:12 AM »

Hush, the owls have spoken.

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 04:46:38 AM »

@Leonelc Everybody here knows that games are art. That's sooo 2008.
Now it's more about discussing experimentation in games.
I choose 1) btw.

leonelc29
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 04:52:12 AM »

Hush, the owls have spoken.

okay... Concerned wait...there's another owl!? Shocked
antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 05:11:09 AM »

Then if hes the best candidate why dont you vote for him?

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 05:14:49 AM »

Aside from my age and not living in the USA:
I would never vote on a homophobic.
Also, best candidate != good candidate
So in another words, I think that all the candidates suck.

antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 05:45:30 AM »

oh.

Well I dont think hes a bad candidate. The media only makes him look bad. Friggin piece of corporate crap.

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 07:02:27 AM »

A major element to USA elections is that we're tied to a two party system. Since the dissolution of the Whig party, every election is the Republican candidate versus the Democrat candidate. A major fear is that a nomination for Ron Paul as the republican candidate will turn off a lot of voters who dislike his aggressive style and essentially guarantee Obama gets re-elected. Folks who dislike Obama's policies are then motivated to pick a republican candidate who is likely to get a larger portion of the vote even if they don't like him as much personally.

This also occurs if he runs as a third-party candidate. The fear there is that republican voters who dislike the republican nominee will vote for third party, effectively splitting the vote while the democrats get all the democrat votes on their candidate. The saying in the US is that a third party vote is "Throwing your vote away".

Basically, it's the fear that by voting for what you want rather than for what you're likely to get, you wind up with something you didn't want at all. It's a major concern for many voters and influences every election.

I like a few of Ron Paul's positions, particularly on reducing the size of government and shedding some of our international burdens such as military bases. I get the impression he'd put those goals before less appealing positions such as gay marriage and abortion, which is a plus. He's a candidate that interests me, but I'm not sure if he's the best candidate. Since he's already a congressman, I'd really like if he'd propose some of his ideas as legislation right now. A few bills outlining exactly what he wants to do right now would be nice, so we don't have to wait 12 months for something to happen.
antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 07:19:56 AM »

Do you get this info only from tv or mostly from the internet?

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 07:23:10 AM »

I'm not sure where people get the idea that he wants gay marriage to be illegal from. Based on everything I've ever heard him say, he believes that governments shouldn't play a role in marriage, thus making it legal.

phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »

As usual, America gets a shitty slew of candidates to choose from, none that truly represent the ideals of the average American or the average of the ideal American.

I would vote for this guy:

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 12:11:37 PM »

i hate ron paul because hes trendy among interweb nerds.   >B)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 12:16:02 PM »

I'm not sure where people get the idea that he wants gay marriage to be illegal from. Based on everything I've ever heard him say, he believes that governments shouldn't play a role in marriage, thus making it legal.

IIRC he doesn't believe the Federal government should play a role in marriage, but has no problem with States making their own laws regarding gay marriage.

It doesn't matter though, he'll never become president. There's no use in talking about him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic