Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:04:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralRon paul
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41
Print
Author Topic: Ron paul  (Read 65231 times)
antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »

THIS FORUM... MUST DIE!!!

Huh?

Srsly, I dont understand why you hate the guy. As far as I see it, all the major "problems" you give him are either completely irrelevant or something that, as far as I know, are completely unimportant when put into consideration that the whole country is about to become debt slaves. Srsly. Turn of the TV. Theres nothing good on it.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 01:42:48 PM »

If we all looked to TV for information on this we would all be ignorant froods on the subject.(for those of us that actually care, at least.)

And it's simple: We disagree with his ethics.
They're not irrelevant. He, to a majority's extent, would represent the wants of the American people as President. Do I want a homophobic representing me? No. However for many of us it isn't so simple, because like mentioned there are many things he believes in that we also believe in. You'll find it's pretty much impossible to come across an entirely satisfactory candidate. It's a matter of compromise and picking your poison, for the most part.

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 01:49:38 PM »

I'm not sure where people get the idea that he wants gay marriage to be illegal from. Based on everything I've ever heard him say, he believes that governments shouldn't play a role in marriage, thus making it legal.
IIRC he doesn't believe the Federal government should play a role in marriage, but has no problem with States making their own laws regarding gay marriage.
He doesn't think any government should play a role in marriage, but he also believes that states are allowed to outlaw gay marriage via the 10th amendment- just like how he doesn't believe in government involvement in health care, but he accepts that it's allowed at a state level.

Ashkin
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »

I think this firmly cements antymattar's position as a troll.
vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 02:09:29 PM »

i knew his avatar looked suspicious
Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »

Hey guys, I like guns and I saw that Sarah Palin likes to fly helicopters and shoot polar bears like a total amazon! Can't y'all who like in the US liek lobby to get her to run for president and vote for her? I think she is soo cool so listen to me and don't take in other media for they only feed the sheeple, so c'mon do me a favour since I don't live in the US and vote for her, kthxbye!

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
Theophilus
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »

Or a really really really really really dum kid who will look back on these posts in two years and say "why"
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »

Hey guys, I like guns and I saw that Sarah Palin likes to fly helicopters and shoot polar bears like a total amazon! Can't y'all who like in the US liek lobby to get her to run for president and vote for her? I think she is soo cool so listen to me and don't take in other media for they only feed the sheeple, so c'mon do me a favour since I don't live in the US and vote for her, kthxbye!
squeakyReaper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »

Or a really really really really really dum kid who will look back on these posts in two years and say "why"
He's pretty much like this on the Bay12 Forums, too.

Saying that the media you use to gain information is not only superior to alternate media, but that the alternative is horrible and mind controlling is a little more than silly. Personally, Ron Paul would be a pleasant choice if I was a fan of total democracy, but I'm not. I don't really trust each state, much less each individual voter, to act in their best interests. It's a quick way to shut out gay marriage, decent/free healthcare and such.
Nix
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »

It's funny, we have a very similar guy here in Poland: a libertarian, free-market, low-tax non-intrusive, independent country idea, with legal drugs, strong military and little bureaucracy. And he also is against gay marriage and abortion.

Ron Paul isn't for or against drugs, gay marriage, or abortion (at least not as a Presidential candidate). He simply believes that the federal government should not have anything to do with them. He doesn't care what state governments do (as long as they abide by the Constitution).
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »

IIRC he doesn't believe the Federal government should play a role in marriage, but has no problem with States making their own laws regarding gay marriage.

problem with that is here:

"Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State."

an interpretation of that can be used to say "if you're married in one state the rest have to consider you married too"
but if states are refusing to acknowledge same sex marriages from other states, the federal government pretty much HAS to get involved here

IMO government shouldn't recognize ANY marriage, call it a civil union for everyone, problem solved. Feel free to call yourself married if you want to.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 03:52:56 PM »

IMO government shouldn't recognize ANY marriage, call it a civil union for everyone, problem solved. Feel free to call yourself married if you want to.
Not going to happen in a million years.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 04:19:43 PM »

But it would be a nice solution.

Maybe we'll see a big shift in government once all the baby boomers die off.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »

in my country gay marriage is even more problematic. we've had it for about two years now but it's still not equivalent to straight marriage in terms of rights. it's pretty fucking stupid too because the majority of the population is actually pro gay marriage (or at least wouldn't mind) but there's a conservative minority constantly lobbying against it.
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »

Libertarians are fucking hilarious. Ron Paul is even more hilarious.

The fact of the matter is, Obama is going to get elected again and hopefully use his lame duck status to not pander to the conservatives, or Mitt Romney will be president and pretend the US is a corporation. Or Santorum will be president and I'll google his name every day and laugh.

Mikademus
Level 10

The Magical Owl

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »

Iz like 'dat already in Sweden. Too bad the country is throwing away all the other things it had going for it, but keeping on-topic all partnerships are the same contract in the eyes of the Swedish law, regardless what people want to term them.

\\\"There\\\'s a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,\\\" says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex. --IGN<br />My compilation of game engines for indies
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2012, 04:53:14 PM »

Iz like 'dat already in Sweden. Too bad the country is throwing away all the other things it had going for it, but keeping on-topic all partnerships are the same contract in the eyes of the Swedish law, regardless what people want to term them.
Yeah but what I'm saying is it's not going to happen in the US because from what I know about American politics the Christian "sacred rite of marriage" is still a big deal there, unlike in Europe (and esp. Scandinavia) which is dominated by atheism.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »

The fact of the matter is, Obama is going to get elected again and hopefully use his lame duck status to not pander to the conservatives, or Mitt Romney will be president and pretend the US is a corporation. Or Santorum will be president and I'll google his name every day and laugh cry.
Nix
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »

The fact of the matter is, Obama is going to get elected again and hopefully use his lame duck status to not pander to the conservatives, or Mitt Romney will be president and pretend the US is a corporation. Or Santorum will be president and I'll google his name every day and laugh.

Santorum will never be president. He won't win any primaries either. All the news attention he's getting is bullshit and ridiculous.
antybaner
Level 1

also known as antymattar

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 05:01:42 PM »

kid? And no. Im not a troll. Just the next gen of philosopher.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic