Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:46:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralRon paul
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]
Print
Author Topic: Ron paul  (Read 64392 times)
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: July 05, 2018, 02:21:19 AM »

considering that you can get a life-saving operation without getting into a life-destroying debt, like in some countries.
By some countries you mean good ol USA

Naaah, there are big parts of of the world, like southern Asia and most of Africa that also have little to no health care.

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: July 07, 2018, 02:20:05 PM »

Single-payer in the USA would be anti-freedom, unlike using tax payer money to pay Lockhead Martin for the latest war tech.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 08, 2018, 01:53:23 AM »

monsanto is already out fighting kulaks though
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #803 on: July 08, 2018, 03:50:02 AM »

everything from cash crop production to banking is ok to heavily subsidize with american tax money as long as it doesn't benefit the poor

(needs mention that a single payer system means paying less money for better care because it cuts out the parasitic rent-seeking insurance sector middle man and vastly reduces administrative work. americans that don't want single payer are literally arguing to pay more money for worse healthcare because it's better to give free money to useless insurance companies than let poor ppl go to a hospital without going into debt)

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Torchkas
Level 10

collects sawdust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #804 on: July 12, 2018, 11:03:34 PM »

Single-payer in the USA would be anti-freedom, unlike using tax payer money to pay Lockhead Martin for the latest war tech.
Like, where I live, we don't have single-payer, which is bad because it has not caused a decrease in the price of health insurance like the liberals promised, instead it's caused an increase in bureaucracy and lobbying. A hospital having to account for a million different health insurance companies simply costs more money than "free market magic" can give back.

However, there's still a mandated cap on how much money these health insurance companies can take from you in a year. As far as I understand it, in the US, even if you have health care you'll still have to pay thousands of dollars for a surgery. It just won't cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 13, 2018, 12:27:07 AM »

healthcare is the most conclusively and repeatedly proven market failure in human history
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: July 13, 2018, 02:42:09 AM »

But market failures are good if they increase the power distance between economic classes and you're a well off psychopath

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 13, 2018, 09:59:33 AM »

cluster bombs are banned because if you maim someone you provide them the economic incentive to work harder to get treatment and increasing productivity that much that fast could upset the western hegemony
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 02, 2018, 10:48:30 AM »

Having lost a collective sizable sum to Ernest Hemingway, a gaggle of prolific writers walk into a local bar. Sizing up their prey, they approach the first man: "We bet you a hundred bucks you can't write a nuanced tragicomedy in just four words".

Clear-eyed and in full voice, the man replies "Of course I can't, for this is an impossible task!" Cursing their luck for picking the most sober man, they approach the smelliest side of the bar, and sidle up to the drunkest man.

"We bet you a hundred bucks you can't write a nuanced tragicomedy in just four words", they coo again. The man takes them up on their wager, but immediately in his drunken stupor flies straight through three words, then ten, then fifteen. As he returns to the start of his sentence to count the words, he realises he's been had. Dutifully, he peels a number of bills from his wallet, and hands them to the writers. "That's a fine scam, boys", the drunkard slurred, "but if you want to make some real money, the guy who can't help but write too many words is through there", he concluded while pointing to the bathroom.

Riding high, the writers barge into the men's room and find a bedraggled, purple-haired war veteran, collapsed on the floor, clawing at the urinal attempting to gain purchase to stand. He ignores the writers as they bark at him "We bet you a thousand bucks you can't write a nuanced tragicomedy in just four words". Throughout their pitch the man continues his attempts to stand. It is clear once he is upright that he has soiled himself, but it is not clear if he has the mental faculties to understand their challenge, much less attempt it. Perplexed, the writers repeat the verbiage, as the man grasps at the urinal cake and begins scratching at it with a toothpick from the side of his mouth.

They try a third time, "We bet you can't write a nuanced tragicomedy in just four words, also would you like us to call anyone, you seem like you're having some problems". Slowly, the man walks toward the foremost writer, and places the urinal cake in his palm with the slow grace of a loving grandparent. The man grasps the writer's wrist with both hands, and slowly guides the urinal cake closer to the writer's face such that he may inspect it.

Carved on its surface in achingly beautiful calligraphy were these words: Ron Paul's son, Rand

Dejected and poorer than they started, the writers go back to the restaurant and tell Ernest Hemingway of what just happened. Later that evening, Hemingway shoots himself in the head.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 02, 2018, 10:50:19 AM »

And that man's name... Was Joseph Gibson
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: November 02, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »

You definitely didn't wrote that in 4 words, neither did I

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 04, 2018, 10:35:04 AM »

Rand paul said that doctors having to help people is slavery
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 04, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »

He's right. Society has alspo enslaved me by not allowing me to drive my 80,000 horsepower monster truck into and around the hallways of the elderly care nursing home, do "sick" peelouts and wheelies in the nursing home lobby, do big jumps over 50 grandmas in a row, etc etc.

omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 04, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »

I've taken the red pill,. I'm throught the looking glass people. Fianally I can see past all society's lies and clear away the bull shit. That is why I and several other doughy men with restraining orders against them have banded together to fight the rotten "age of consent" laws,

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #814 on: November 04, 2018, 03:07:18 PM »

just dropping in here to mention how the USA has the most expensive healthcare in the world while having a higher child mortality rate and shorter life expectancy than cuba (far far behind western europe and other rich countries).

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 05, 2018, 03:57:13 PM »

Daily reminder that the red pill is given by a black man so you can listen to the wise word of a black woman so the white guy can dies for the sin of society by another white guy, written by two transgender women
/irony

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 06, 2018, 08:14:26 AM »

He also said people dont have a right to food or water
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41]
Print
Jump to: