Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:34:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeMy birthday thread! Bitchin' for a community-gift :D
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My birthday thread! Bitchin' for a community-gift :D  (Read 5665 times)
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:47:49 PM »

Hi guyz.
This 19th of august it's gonna be my birthday. My 16th birthday.  Beer!

And for my birthday I want to get me a dozen of new t-shirts. (basically because my old shirts 're gettin' kinda short n stuff, you know)

But I didn't want to buy stupid black and white and blue shirts. I decided to spend some money on mega-stylish shirts... well... all the shit in the stores sucks ass. (with stupid, tiny crocodiles on them etc... also, they are too expensive again)

So I decided to get some indie-shirts printed on spreadshirt.com for me.

Well, I pay the shirt but since I'm not too much of an artist I'd like to ask the awesome people here to make some stylish indie-frontprints for my shirts.
It'd be the best thing anyone ever did to me on the internets.  Smiley

Just choose anything around indie-games you like (including  Cave Story ) Gentleman and put your motives here, please. Wink On the 15th of august I'll pick the 12 pictures I like the most (hope I get that many Tongue)  and order my shirts. Smiley

You will also get something in return:
When I receive my splendid shirts I'll try them on and make photos of myself wearing every single shirt. With no pants on.
And a selfmade monocle.

That would be so awesome guys, please. Smiley

One restriction: the pictures should fit well on a normal t-shirt and have one of the following background colours (well, other colours work, but please note that there are just few different shirt-colours available on spreadshirt.com):

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 04:06:36 PM »

Just getting the ball rolling. Good luck! Grin

Jrsquee
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:09:16 PM »

Any of pixel's Cave Story illustrations, perhaps?

http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/illuspixel.php
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:53:29 PM »

Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 12:23:31 AM »

No no no no no no no! We need to make things!

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 12:28:14 AM »

Beware, I'll do something when I can x)

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 03:37:25 AM »

Gentleman Quote
By your powers combined, I bring you Quite

Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 04:13:57 AM »

Hi guys! Thank you so much for answering this thread. :D

*awesome gentleman pixel*

very, very awesome. could you add some stylish title/sub with tigsource.com to it or something? :D that would be even awesome-er.

Any of pixel's Cave Story illustrations, perhaps?

Well, it'd be easy to just stick a picture to the shirt and that's it.
Also, I'd prefer pixel-art-stuff and such so anime-like-stuff isn't the thing I wanna wear on my shirt. Not that I don't like his illustrations... they are awesome! :D

*cool cleanasia picture*

Definately cool and stylish and awesome for shirts!
Need to think whether I wanna take it, though since Clean-Asia never really was my favourite game. Smiley But it definately looks pretty awesome.

Gentleman Quote
By your powers combined, I bring you Quite

*quite-pic*

Absolutely hot-licious! I guess that one is destined to be printed onto my shirt. :D
Even if that one is awesome already... could you also add something like a tigsource-reference? some title or web-adress?
That would be cool!

Thank guys! Keep 'em coming. :D

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 05:05:57 AM »

Here you go

And a 300 dpi image, with transparent background so you can print in any shirt color you like

Toot toot.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 05:14:06 AM »

Awww crap why didn't this thread come up two weeks ago when I had the chance to design my own free T-shirt... Cry
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 05:27:21 AM »

I gotta find where I can make some shirts like these. For great justice. Kiss
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 07:30:08 AM »

And here is my contribution:

Lemme know if you want the background a different color.
Massena
Level 4

Satisfied.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 01:32:31 PM »

Hi guys! Thank you so much for answering this thread. :D

*awesome gentleman pixel*

very, very awesome. could you add some stylish title/sub with tigsource.com to it or something? :D that would be even awesome-er.

I can't Sad What's the font the TIGSource logo uses? I'm trying some Helvetica and it's not looking good.

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »

I used "Impact", it's very similar
Corpus
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »

Given the pixelated image, it might be worthwhile to write tigsource.com in a pixel font, probably of your own creation for the sake of fittin'.

Maybe make the pixels used for the font a quarter of the size of the pixels in the icon. Well, you know, half the width and height. I'm not saying this having thought it through. I'm just riffin' here, so it might take some tweaking.
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 10:09:30 PM »

I'm not trying to be a bitch and tell you what you have to do (since this is also some kind of showcase/art exchange thread for everyone I hope/guess) but here I my favourite (indie)-games, btw. (mostly pixel-art-wise)

+ Cave Story
+ Knytt Stories
+ Dwarf Story (comeon! Some injokes, please!  Wink Screenshots should be awesome, so I can tell people: "Well that's lava and thats a small Dwarf. Oh yeah, and thats a megabeast. In a cage."  Evil )
+ Shadow of the Colossus (not indie. but still indie. it's actually so unindie (sony studio) it's indie again.)
+ Metal Gear Solid 3 (mostly the comic-like minimal-colour-portraits etc. Smiley )
+ Fez (but just because I like the pixel art and the white clouds fitting perfectly onto a sky-blue shirt :D maybe I should I even try that myself :D )
+ Solstice (NES) Super Mario Bros. 1/3 (NES) Zelda (NES)
+ Metroid and Super Metroid. (NES/SNES)
+ Tetris (GB)
+ Pokemon Blue (GB) (hell yeah, please Smiley )
+ Geometry Wars Retro Evolved
+ Portal
+ Team Fortress 2 (!)
+ Half Life 2 - ep2
+ The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
+ Monkey Island (1-3)
+ Crash Bandicoot
+ Final Fantasy 1-11 (but not the anime-ish parts of them... maybe more like... original artwork by Yoshitaka Amano or something :D )
+ Halo 3 :D but rather something funny than those slightly to awful "patriotic" shots and banners the game series is known for.

+ or just surprise me Wink

I hope I don't seem like an asshole posting that "list".
It's already awesome if you post something but one of those themes would cause awesome-overkill in me. :D

Why I ask you to help me with all this:
a.) I like it when I wear stuff other people designed... somehow it feels strange to self-design my own t-shirts and wear them every day.
b.) I like to give you people another opportunity to showcase an interesting type of art (t-shirt frontprint)
c.) I'm not really good with such things. :D

Beer!   BaronCid

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 04:01:04 AM »

Just a basic screenshot of Dwarf Fortress, without any tilesets of course, would be awesome. I'd take one myself but, well, I never actually got past the bit where you give your dwarves items and stuff.

Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 05:06:58 AM »

well, some funny looking, kinda "easy to comprehend" screenshot with a hilarious situation should do it. Smiley I'm no pro aswell...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic