Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 06:06:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWeird Games
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Weird Games  (Read 6164 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 08:22:29 AM »

First game that came to mind for me was Clayfighter, for the SNES.  It's just a Street Fighter II clone at heart, but man, did it look and sound weird.  For some reason I was really excited about getting this game when I was younger! Tongue

I heard they made a sequel, too.  I kind of want to play it now.
Yeah, both Clay Fighter games were pretty fun, and C2: Judgement Clay was in some ways better than the original, noticeably less rushed.

There was a third game for the Nintendo 64, but despite the rather cool character designs and a quite sophisticated system (it had KI comboes, SF3 parries, Mk fatalities and stage linking), the whole game was bleh.

Uniracers was probably the only unicycle game in existence (until Matt and Steve make one!).  I only rented it, though.  It was fun!

This game is laods of fun, and it is quite fast paced for a stunt racer game.

Which reminds me, anyone else enjoyed Stunt Race FX as much as I did?

Earthbound is more than a game.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 08:28:36 AM »

Abe's Odyssey is a seriously awesome platformer. The second and third games, Abe's Exodus and Munch's Odyssey were also awesome. I found that Dr. Muto was pretty standard though, considering.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 08:37:39 AM »

Agreed, although the Oddworld games get ridiculously hard towards the end. As for Muto, well, I have been deprived of a good platformer for quite a while now. Does anybody know some good ones?
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »

Try bonesaw. It's free!

heh
mesotes
Level 0

<3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 08:47:46 AM »

the god of paltformers

hail mel gibson!

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 06:19:58 PM »

* Gitaroo Man (PS2)- Tripped-out music game with awesomely kooky art style and guitar battles against a man in a bee suit.

this is one of my all-time favorites...  i wish they would make a true sequel.  really innovative 'rythym game'( that doesnt require a bulky ginormous controller to feel satisfying)..  and great songs (that dont need some silly liscence and pre-established fanbase) and adorable characters.
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »

I'm a big fan of Gitaroo Man's graphical style. For those who aren't familiar, take note:

I love the fact that even though it's not cel-shaded, there's a wicked hand-drawn feel to everything. If I ever make a 3D game, I'll definitely be using this game as a visual reference.

EDIT: Here's an example of one of the awesome songs,

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:44:25 PM by Otaku42 » Logged
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »

the game brings happy tears to my eyes..

i always preferred the

, though... also, this has some gameplay in it.

i used to be OCD for this game, did you ever beat master's mode?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 09:35:16 PM »

I'm going to go out and buy the PSP port now.
I just cried when I heard the acoustic version. Cry

Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 10:05:19 PM »

please buy it.. maybe they'll sequel it!
Empy
Level 0

¶(‚€å™∏ˆØp-p-pu-pu-puh

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 10:18:44 PM »

While it's normally brought up in threads about horror-themed games, Eternal Darkness can get pretty dang weird sometimes.
Especially the insanity effects.

Sam & Max Hit the Road.

Very silly, very funny.
Haven't played the new ones yet, though.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 10:35:21 PM »

Silent Hill 2

Fucks with your head and shows you that game storylines can be highly symbolic, emotional and not-shit.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2008, 03:40:44 AM »

Sam & Max Hit the Road.
Very silly, very funny.
Haven't played the new ones yet, though.

There's a free episode: http://www.fileplanet.com/182132/180000/fileinfo/Sam-&-Max:-Abe-Lincoln-Must-Die!-(Free-Game)

It's the only one of the new ones I've played, but I loved it. The dialogue is among the most hilarious I've ever heard in a game...
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2008, 04:30:24 AM »

Hey Muku, how did you get the episode to work? Every time I've tried to run it, the little Telltale Reminder just pops up asking for my e-mail address. I can't even close the little bugger...

You can't go wrong with anything by Tim Schafer. Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, and likely the upcoming Brutal Legend are all really well-crafted games that have some of the most memorable writing in the industry.
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2008, 05:24:09 AM »

Anyone else remember Space Station Silicon Valley? Where you were a microchip and you had to latch onto animals to get them to do your bidding? That game ruled.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2008, 05:53:10 AM »

Hey Muku, how did you get the episode to work? Every time I've tried to run it, the little Telltale Reminder just pops up asking for my e-mail address. I can't even close the little bugger...

Hm, no idea. When I start it, I get that Telltale Games splash window with a big blue "Launch Game" button, I press that, and it starts. Undecided

You can't go wrong with anything by Tim Schafer. Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, and likely the upcoming Brutal Legend are all really well-crafted games that have some of the most memorable writing in the industry.
I was a bit disappointed with Full Throttle. The atmosphere was sort-of nice, but I found the game seriously lacking. Grim Fandango is gold though. Still have to try Psychonauts.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2008, 06:10:06 AM »

Anyone else remember Space Station Silicon Valley? Where you were a microchip and you had to latch onto animals to get them to do your bidding? That game ruled.

I love that game.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic